A detective with his murder mystery a chemist seeking the structure of a new compound use little of the formal and logical modes of reasoning. Through a series of intuitions surmises fancies they stumble upon the right explanation and have a knack of seizing it when it once comes within reach. ~ Gilbert Lewis 1875 – 1946
On the principle of successive variations not always supervening at an early age and being inherited at a corresponding not early period of life we can clearly see why the embryos of mammals birds reptiles and fishes should be so closely alike and should be so unlike the adult forms. ~ Charles Darwin 1809 to 1882 - Naturalist Evolutionary Biologist
Ed Seymour (inv. c. 1949) USA – Aerosol paint.
Pavel Yablochkov (1847–1894) Russia – Yablochkov candle (first commercially viable electric carbon arc lamp).
Harry Brearley (1871–1948) UK – stainless steel.
Carl Roman Abt (1850–1933) Switzerland – Abt rack railway system.
Gilles Saint-Hilaire (born 1948) Canada – Quasiturbine Qurbine.
Charles Goodyear (1800–1860) USA – vulcanization of rubber.
Hermann Anschütz-Kaempfe (1872–1931) Germany – Gyrocompass.
Guglielmo Marconi (1874–1937) Italy – radio telegraphy.
Robert Bunsen (1811–1899) Germany – Bunsen burner.
Eugene Roshal (born 1972) Russia – FAR file manager RAR file format WinRAR file archiver.
John Harvey Kellogg (1852–1943) cornflake breakfasts.
Jacques Cousteau (1910–1997) France – co-inventor of the aqualung and the Nikonos underwater camera.
Petrus Jacobus Kipp (1808–1864) The Netherlands – Kipp's apparatus (chemistry).
Charles Thomson Rees Wilson (1869–1959) UK – Cloud chamber.
John McAdam (1756–1836) Scotland – improved "macadam" road surface.
Tim Berners-Lee (born 1955) UK – with Robert Cailliau the World Wide Web.
Cyril Duquet (1841–1922) Canada – Telephone handset.
Robert H. Dennard (born 1932) USA– Dynamic random-access memory (DRAM).
Charles H. Henry (born 1937) USA – Quantum well laser.
Mikhail Tikhonravov (1900–1974) Russia – co-developer of Sputnik 1 (the first artificial satellite) together with Korolyov and Keldysh designer of further Sputniks.
We are storytelling animals and cannot bear to acknowledge the ordinariness of our daily lives. - Stephen Jay Gould 1941 to 2002 Paleontologist
We must reason in natural philosophy not from what we hope or even expect but from what we perceive. ~ Humphry Davy - 1778 to 1829
Every aspect of the world today – even politics and international relations – is affected by chemistry. ~ Linus Pauling - 1901 to 1994
The invention of logarithms came to the world as a bolt from the blue. No previous work had led up to it… It stands isolated breaking in upon human thought abruptly without borrowing from the work of other intellects or following known lines of mathematical thought. ~ John Moulton 1844 – 1921 - Mathematician
Our thoughts visions and fantasies have a physical reality. A thought is made of hundreds of electrochemical impulses. ~ Carl Sagan 1934 to 1996 Astrobiologist Planetary Scientist
The literary convention that numbers less than 10 should be given in words is often highly unsuitable in mathematics… The excessive use of the word forms is regrettably spreading at the present time. ~ J.E. Littlewood 1885 – 1977 - Mathematician
Actually everything that can be known has a Number; for it is impossible to grasp anything with the mind or to recognize it without this. - Philolaus c. 470 – c. 385 BC Scientist and Philosopher
No movie data found
No movie data found
No movie data found
- Stimulates the pumping action of exercise and has multiple massage sessions.
- Pamper calves, ankles and feet
- Calms tired legs and soothes muscle fatigue
- Item size: Leg 15", Foot 11.5", and Thigh 27" x 9.5"
- Designed by a world-renowned Orthopedic Surgeon, the Healthy Stretch has been clinically tested to provide safe and productive stretching
- The Healthy Stretch decreases the risk of acute muscle strains and foot injuries
- Helps prevent chronic foot ailments like plantar fasciitis, flatfeet, knee, ankle, foot arthritis, diabetic forefoot ulcers, and stress fractures
- No need to worry about complicated systems, the Healthy Stretch is designed for everybody
- This is a device that you use before and after your workout, that you use bare footed to get a much deeper stretch than you could on your own
- Made of heavy-duty, durable and waterproof nylon with well padded semi-flexible covers.
- Versatile electronics accessories organiser specifically designed for well organised people.
- Three easy access mesh pockets expand to store multiple sizes of USB drive or small baby stuffs.
- Special zipper spaces for 2.5 Inch external hard drive (HDD), SSD cards, CF cards, power bank or baby diapers and etc.
- Dimension: L17.4"*W8.9"when open, about L9.5"*W4.3" after folded. Roll-up design fits in coat pocket or small space in any bag.