Pierre Curie voluntarily exposed his arm to the action of radium for several hours. This resulted in damage resembling a burn that developed progressively and required several months to heal. Henri Becquerel had by accident a similar burn as a result of carrying in his vest pocket a glass tube containing radium salt. He came to tell us of this evil effect of radium exclaiming in a manner at once delighted and annoyed: “I love it but I owe it a grudge.” ~ Marie Curie 1867 to 1934
The uniform character of mathematics is the essence of science for mathematics is the foundation of all exact scientific knowledge. ~ David Hilbert 1862 – 1943 Mathematician
Arthur Pitney (1871–1933) United States – postage meter.
Humberto Fernández Morán (1924–1999) Venezuela – Diamond scalpel Ultra microtome.
Alfred P. Southwick (1826 – 1898) USA - Electric chair.
Nicolas Florine (1891–1972) Georgia/Russia/Belgium – first tandem rotor helicopter to fly freely.
William Cumberland Cruikshank (1745–1800) UK – chlorinated water.
Alexey Pajitnov (born 1956) Russia/USA – Tetris.
August Schrader (1820–?) USA – Schrader valve for Pneumatic tire.
Henri Giffard (1825–1882) France – powered airship injector.
William Bradford Shockley (1910–1989) USA – co-inventor of transistor.
James Gosling (born 1955) USA – Java (programming language).
Jozef Murgas (1864–1929) Slovakia – inventor of the wireless telegraph (forerunner of the radio).
Fritz Pfleumer (1881–1945) Germany – magnetic tape.
Raul Cuero (born 1948) Buenaventura Colombia see Inventions and patents list.
James Dyson (born 1947) UK – Dual Cyclone bagless vacuum cleaner incorporating the principles of cyclonic separation..
Ira Remsen (1846–1927) USA – saccharin.
Aleksandr Porokhovschikov (1892–1941) Russia – Vezdekhod (the first prototype tank or tankette and the first caterpillar amphibious ATV).
Benoît Fourneyron (1802–1867) France – water turbine.
Roxey Ann Caplin (1793–1888) UK – Corset.
Salvino D'Armate (1258–1312) Italy – credited for inventing eyeglasses in 1284.
Alexander Procofieff de Seversky (1894–1974) Russia/United States of America – first gyroscopically stabilized bombsight ionocraft also developed air-to-air refueling.
Benjamin Franklin performed a beautiful experiment using surfactants; on a pond at Clapham Common he poured a small amount of oleic acid a natural surfactant which tends to form a dense film at the water-air interface. He measured the volume required to cover all the pond. Knowing the area he then knew the height of the film something like three nanometers in our current units. ~ Pierre-Gilles de Gennes 1932 to 2007
Mathematics is the language in which the gods speak to people. ~ Plato c. 427 BC – c. 347 BC - Mathematician and Philosopher
In reality a theory in natural science cannot be without experimental foundations; physics in particular comes from experimental work. ~ Samuel C. C. Ting b. 1936
I believe that thirty million of these animalcules together would not take up as much room or be as big as a coarse grain of sand. ~ Antonie van Leeuwenhoek 1632 to 1723 - Biologist
Physics is actually too hard for physicists. ~ David Hilbert 1862 to 1943 (Mathematician)
Understanding the history of matter and searching for its most interesting forms such as galaxies stars planets and life seems a suitable use for our intelligence. - Robert Kirshner 1949 to present Astronomer
Did the genome of our cave-dwelling predecessors contain a set or sets of genes which enable modern man to compose music of infinite complexity and write novels with profound meaning? …It looks as though the early Homo was already provided with the intellectual potential which was in great excess of what was needed to cope with the environment of his time.” - Susumu Ohno 1928 to 2000 Geneticist
- Stimulates the pumping action of exercise and has multiple massage sessions.
- Pamper calves, ankles and feet
- Calms tired legs and soothes muscle fatigue
- Item size: Leg 15", Foot 11.5", and Thigh 27" x 9.5"
- Designed by a world-renowned Orthopedic Surgeon, the Healthy Stretch has been clinically tested to provide safe and productive stretching
- The Healthy Stretch decreases the risk of acute muscle strains and foot injuries
- Helps prevent chronic foot ailments like plantar fasciitis, flatfeet, knee, ankle, foot arthritis, diabetic forefoot ulcers, and stress fractures
- No need to worry about complicated systems, the Healthy Stretch is designed for everybody
- This is a device that you use before and after your workout, that you use bare footed to get a much deeper stretch than you could on your own
- Made of heavy-duty, durable and waterproof nylon with well padded semi-flexible covers.
- Versatile electronics accessories organiser specifically designed for well organised people.
- Three easy access mesh pockets expand to store multiple sizes of USB drive or small baby stuffs.
- Special zipper spaces for 2.5 Inch external hard drive (HDD), SSD cards, CF cards, power bank or baby diapers and etc.
- Dimension: L17.4"*W8.9"when open, about L9.5"*W4.3" after folded. Roll-up design fits in coat pocket or small space in any bag.