Los Angeles’ full name is “El Pueblo de Nuestra Senora la Reina de los Angeles de Porciuncula”.
Microsoft pays you to use Bing instead of Google.
In Ancient Egypt men could take time off of work to care for menstruating wives and daughters.
A woman in Egypt disguised herself as a man for 43 years in order to make a living for her daughter.
A 14th-century medieval tower rises out of Lake Reschensee in Italy. It's the only visible building of a submerged village.
There's a blue planet where it rains glass.
A physicist made his cat the co-author of his scientific paper to avoid replacing "we" with "I" throughout his paper.
Norman Borlaug an agricultural scientist developed new strains of crops which yielded 4 times as much food . He is said to have saved the lives of over a billion people making him one of the most influential men in human history.
In North Korea people don't celebrate birthdays on July 8 and December 17 since those are the dates that Kim Il-sung and Kim Jong-il died.
It is forbidden for aircraft to fly over the Taj Mahal.
Einstein was offered the presidency of Israel which he politely declined.
Pteronophobia is the fear of being tickled by feathers!
Russia & America are less than 4 km apart at the nearest point.
8 people were crushed to death and 2000 people injured following the funeral procession of Eva Peron in Argentina.
La Paz Bolivia was the first South American city to get an electricity supply. It was powered by llama dung.
When Fidel Castro seized power in Cuba he immediately ordered all game sets of Monopoly to be destroyed.
It's estimated 1.5 million people are "missing missing" in the U.S.; people who have disappeared but haven't been reported as missing.
Penis enhancement surgery is free in Cuba.
In 1949 forecasting the relentless march of science Popular Mechanics said computers in the future may weigh no more than 5 tons.
The phrase “raining cats and dogs” originated in seventeenth-century England. During heavy rainstorms, many homeless animals would drown and float down the streets, giving the appearance that it had actually rained cats and dogs.
A housefly hums in the key of F.
More Colombians die every year from American tobacco than Americans die from Colombian cocaine.
During the average meal you eat over 90 000 miles of DNA.
The Earth experiences 50 000 Earthquakes per year and is hit by Lightning 100 times a second.
There are 293 ways to make change for a dollar.
Male bees die after having sex.
The blood you donate is sold on the open market and it's a US$4.5 billion per year industry.
Phobias may be memories passed down through generations in DNA according to a new research.
It is impossible to lick your elbow.
When Gmail was introduced by Google with an unbelievable 1GB free storage in 2004 Hotmail only offered 2MB.
Bees have 5 eyes. There are 3 small eyes on the top of a bee’s head and 2 larger ones in front.
Cuba is the only island in the Caribbean to have a railroad.
At its peak the Roman Empire comprised only 12% of the world's population.
In 1989 an innocent man was punished with the death penalty in Texas because the jury confused him for another with the same name looks and height.
All of the bacteria in our body collectively weighs about 4 pounds.
Table tennis balls have been known to travel off the paddle at speeds up to 160 km/hr.
If you live in the U.S. you're never more than 115 miles (185 KM) away from a McDonald's.
9/11 was not the first terrorist attack on the World Trade Center. A bombing in February of 1993 killed six people.
In a lifetime the average human produces enough quarts of spit to fill 2 swimming pools.
Only one-half of a dolphin's brain goes to sleep at a time.
- Connectivity: Wirelessly connect and control a wide range of compatible smart devices from 40+ partner brands, including voice assistants, lights & switches, speakers, cameras, sensors and more
- Home Automation: Teach the hub your Good Morning, Goodbye, Goodnight, and other routines to automatically turn devices on or off throughout the day
- 24/7 Monitoring: Receive app alerts from connected devices when there's unexpected activity in your home.Material: Plastic
- Voice Controls: Use voice commands to control connected devices using SmartThings and the Google Assistant
- Improved DIY Solution: Improved guided onboarding for easier setup. Hub connects with Wi-Fi so does not need to be connected to an Ethernet cable
- VOICE ACTIVATED: With the Philips Hue Smart Hub, add up to 50 Philips Hue smart lights of your choice with this ZigBee-controlled hub necessary for voice control with Alexa, Apple HomeKit, or Google Assistant
- CONTROL YOUR SMART LIGHTS FROM ANYWHERE: The heart of your Philips Hue system, this hue hub also enables you to control all of your Philips Hue products via the Philips Hue app, even when you're away from home
- FULLY AUTOMATE YOUR SMART HOME: Enhance your Philips Hue system by setting timers and alarms, connecting to a variety of apps, dimming the smart lights and more (cannot be used with conventional dimmers)
- EXPAND YOUR ECOSYSTEM: Easily expand your smart lighting system with Philips Hue accessories (sold separately), such as a Hue Dimmer Switch, Hue Tap, or Hue Motion Sensor. Pair it for home automation with your existing Nest or SmartThings system. Control your hue lights by connecting the Hue Hub to your router with the included ethernet network cable. This box also includes one Philips Hue Hub, power adapter, manual, and two-year warranty for the full Philips Hue experience
- CROSS-DEVICE COMPATIBILITY: HomeKit compatible iOS 9 or later. iPhone:4, 4S, 5, 5S, 6, 6 Plus, 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs Max, iPhone Xr, iPod touch: 5th generation.Network Connectivity:Wireless A,Wireless B,Wireless G,Wireless N
- Connect your Home: The brains of the Sengled system, the hub enables you to control up to 64 Sengled Smart lights and accessories with the hub. A hub is necessary to use a voice assistant, like Alexa and Google Assistant
- Easy to Install: Connect the Sengled Smart Hub to your router using the included Ethernet cable and use the in-app guide to set up
- Home Automation: Easily extend your smart home system across every room by connecting Sengled Smart LEDs and accessories to the hub, then automate
- Voice control: Connect the hub to Alexa or Google Assistant-enabled devices and use your voice to control your Sengled Smart LEDs and accessories
- One simple app: Control all your Sengled smart devices using the Sengled Home app (iOS/Android.) Set schedules, group devices and more to control all of your home's Sengled smart products