Interracial marriage was banned in the U.S. for much of its history: from 1776 to 1967.
Some people say that when the black bands on the Woolybear caterpillar are wide a cold winter is coming.
The chances of us eating even one spider in our sleep throughout our lifetime is close to 0%.
The WW1 ended at 11 o'clock in the morning of the 11th day of the 11th month of 1918.
It takes up to 2 900 gallons of water to make a single pair of jeans.
Many fish species are known to change sex during the course of their lives.
The most expensive First Class suites in the Titanic were to have cost up to £870 (£75 156 today).
The water in a blue whale's mouth weighs as much as its entire body.
A pig’s orgasm lasts for 30 minutes.
Ernest Hemingway his father his brother his sister and his granddaughter all committed suicide.
Ailurophobia is the fear of cats.
Going to church is good for you: Services lowers your blood pressure a study found.
Hitler was saved from drowning by a priest when he was 4 years old.
There is a town in Newfoundland Canada called Dildo.
There's a village in India that produces most bouncers and bodyguards of New Delhi's nightclubs.
Between 1838 and 1960 more than half the photos taken were of babies.
Einstein couldn’t speak fluently when he was nine. His parents thought he might be retarded.
Larry Lewis ran the 100-yard dash in 17.8 seconds in 1969 thereby setting a new world’s record for runners in the 100-years-or-older class. He was 101.
Sitting for more than three hours a day can cut two years off a person's life expectancy.
In Germany there's a specific word for analyzing and learning to live with the past in particular the Holocaust: "Vergangenheitsbewaltigung."
One in eight million people has progeria a disease that causes people to grow faster than they age.
In 1999 it was reported in the UK that over 3 000 people were hospitalized after tripping over a laundry basket.
Goats and octopus’ pupils of their eyes are rectangular.
The battery of an Apple Macbook could save you from a gunshot: it's bulletproof.
The average thickness of ice in Antarctica is about 1 mile (1.6 km) .
More Guinness beer is drunk in Nigeria than Ireland.
Sideburns are named after American Civil War General General Burnside.
The U.S. Navy has 75 trained dolphins to detect enemy swimmers and underwater mines.
In Peru there's a billboard that creates drinkable water out of thin air.
Elephants and chimpanzees can display behavior patterns similar to post-traumatic stress disorder and depression.
Larry King crashed into John F. Kennedy's car in 1958. JFK said he'd forget the whole thing if King promised to vote for him when he ran for president.
McDonald's used to sell pizza in the 70s.
When the Titanic sank 2228 people were on it. Only 706 survived.
There are no bridges over the Amazon River.
The three most recognized Western names in China are Jesus Christ Richard Nixon & Elvis Presley.
The Bermuda Triangle has as many ship and plane disappearances as any other region of the ocean.
Sudan has more pyramids than Egypt.
Only about 15% of the Sahara Desert is covered in sand.
There are more than fifty different kinds of kangaroos.
JFK bought 1 200 cuban cigars just hours before signing the embargo against Cuba.
- Alta syncs automatically and wirelessly to computers and 200+ leading iOS, Android and Windows devices using Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology. Syncing to computers requires Internet connection and USB port. Syncing to mobile devices requires Bluetooth and Internet connection. Syncing range: 20 feet
- Water Resistance: Alta is sweat, rain, splash proof. You can wear Alta in the shower, but we recommend rinsing and drying it afterwards because it's best for your skin if the band stays clean and dry. Battery life: lasts up to 5 days. Radio transceiver: Bluetooth 4.0
- We recommend charging your device every few days to ensure you are always tracking. Charge time: One to two hours
- Syncs with Windows Vista and later, Mac OS X 10.6 and up, iPhone 4S and later, iPad 3 gen. and later, and leading Android and Windows devices
- See simplified heart rate zones for quickly checking exercise intensity during workouts with PurePulse(TM) continuous, wrist-based heart rate monitoring (no uncomfortable chest strap required)
- Use multi-sport tracking to track runs, cardio, cross-training, biking and more. Effortlessly and automatically record other workouts to your dashboard with SmartTrack
- Enable connected GPS to map your routes and see run stats like pace and duration on display (when your phone is nearby)
- Track steps, distance, calories burned, floors climbed and active minutes. Stay connected with call, text & calendar alerts and notifications from your favorite apps like Gmail, Facebook and more (when phone is nearby).Start a FitStar workout on your wrist and get step-by-step instructions and graphics to ensure you complete each move correctly
- Track steps, distance, calories burned and active minutes
- See stats and time with a bright OLED tap display
- Automatically track how long and how well you sleep, and set a silent, vibrating alarm
- Personalize with interchangeable metal, leather and classic bands (sold separately)
- Get call, text and calendar notifications at a glance (when phone is nearby)