Nearly 80% of all animals on earth have six legs.
Antarctica has only one ATM.
If New York City were its own country and the NYPD was its army it would be the 20-best-funded army in the world.
The volcanic system beneath Yellowstone holds enough lava to fill 11 Grand Canyons.
Nuclear power prevented an average of over 1.8 million deaths between 1971-2009 as a result of lower air pollution from reduced coal usage according to NASA.
The cost of college in the U.S. has gone up 500% since 1985.
Women experience significantly more nightmares than men and have more emotional dreams a research found.
The San Francisco Cable cars are the only mobile National Monuments
All Jewish people who are between 18 and 26 years old are entitled to a free 10-day trip to Israel.
The Truman Syndrome is a psychological disorder in which patients believe they're living in a reality TV show.
When Germany won the 2014 World Cup in Brazil it was the first time as a united country. The three previous times the soccer World Cup was won by West Germany.
The first car accident occurred in 1891 in Ohio.
The Lut Desert in Iran is the hottest place on earth.
A 2-headed dolphin was discovered on a beach in Turkey in 2014.
Leonardo Da Vinci was almost put to death for sodomy. When no witnesses came forward his case was dismissed.
Annual growth of WWW traffic is 314 000%
In China over 35 million people still live in caves.
A Church built into a cave is the largest church in the Middle East.
Kate Middleton is credited with boosting the UK economy by £1 billion in 2012.
Illegal immigration from Mexico to the U.S. has decreased by 80% since 2000.
Britain accidentally invaded Spain in 2002. About 20 Royal Marines disembarked in Spain instead of Gibraltar for 5 minutes until the error was recognised and they all withdrew.
In Greek mythology it was believed that redheads turn into vampires when they die.
A crocodile cannot stick its tongue out.
An apple didn't hit Isaac Newton in the head but it did make him wonder if the force that makes apples fall influences the moon's motion around Earth.
You can use Skype to call toll free numbers at no charge in the U.S. UK Taiwan and France.
In the 16th and 17th centuries Europeans including royalty priests and scientists routinely ingested remedies containing human bones blood and fat as medicine for everything from headaches to epilepsy.
Sea otters hold hands when they sleep so they don't drift away from each other.
From 1814 to 1830 the flag of the Kingdom of France was plain white.
You can tell the sex of a horse by its teeth. Most males have 40 females have 36.
In London it is illegal to die in the Houses of Parliament.
In Panama there's a valley where trees have square trunks.
There is an average of 61 000 people airborne over the US at any given moment.
Lack of sleep can cause weight gain of 2 pounds (0.9 kg)in under a week.
Humans have caused 322 animal extinctions over the past 500 years.
We spend about 10% of our waking hours with our eyes closed blinking.
The pancreas produces Insulin.
34.5%of the money the average American takes home is spent on interest including credit cards and auto loans.
Ever wonder where the phrase two bits came from? Some coins used in the American colonies before the Revolutionary War were Spanish dollars which could be cut into pieces or bits. Since two pieces equaled one-fourth dollar the expression two bits came into being as a name for 25 cents.
Lobster was fed to slaves because it was considered a mark of poverty prior to the 20th century.
The world's first underground park will be inaugurated in 2018 in New York.
- Alta syncs automatically and wirelessly to computers and 200+ leading iOS, Android and Windows devices using Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology. Syncing to computers requires Internet connection and USB port. Syncing to mobile devices requires Bluetooth and Internet connection. Syncing range: 20 feet
- Water Resistance: Alta is sweat, rain, splash proof. You can wear Alta in the shower, but we recommend rinsing and drying it afterwards because it's best for your skin if the band stays clean and dry. Battery life: lasts up to 5 days. Radio transceiver: Bluetooth 4.0
- We recommend charging your device every few days to ensure you are always tracking. Charge time: One to two hours
- Syncs with Windows Vista and later, Mac OS X 10.6 and up, iPhone 4S and later, iPad 3 gen. and later, and leading Android and Windows devices
- See simplified heart rate zones for quickly checking exercise intensity during workouts with PurePulse(TM) continuous, wrist-based heart rate monitoring (no uncomfortable chest strap required)
- Use multi-sport tracking to track runs, cardio, cross-training, biking and more. Effortlessly and automatically record other workouts to your dashboard with SmartTrack
- Enable connected GPS to map your routes and see run stats like pace and duration on display (when your phone is nearby)
- Track steps, distance, calories burned, floors climbed and active minutes. Stay connected with call, text & calendar alerts and notifications from your favorite apps like Gmail, Facebook and more (when phone is nearby).Start a FitStar workout on your wrist and get step-by-step instructions and graphics to ensure you complete each move correctly
- Track steps, distance, calories burned and active minutes
- See stats and time with a bright OLED tap display
- Automatically track how long and how well you sleep, and set a silent, vibrating alarm
- Personalize with interchangeable metal, leather and classic bands (sold separately)
- Get call, text and calendar notifications at a glance (when phone is nearby)