Nearly 2.5 billion years of prokaryotic cells and nothing else – two-thirds of life’s history in stasis at the lowest level of recorded complexity… Why did life remain at stage 1 for two-thirds of its history if complexity offers such benefits? ~ Stephen Jay Gould 1941 to 2002 - Paleontologist
No two electrons in the same state? That is why atoms are so unnecessarily big and why metal and stone are so bulky. (Explaining that atoms are as large as they are because of Wolfgang Pauli’s Principle.) ~ Paul Ehrenfest 1880 – 1933
Igor Tamm (1895–1971) Russia – co-developer of tokamak.
Julius Richard Petri (1852–1921) Germany – Petri dish.
Kees A. Schouhamer Immink (1946–) Netherlands – Major contributor to development of Compact Disc.
Lucio Bini (1908–1964) together with Ugo Cerletti (1877–1963) Italy – Electroconvulsive therapy.
Igor Kurchatov (1903–1960) Russia – first nuclear power plant first nuclear reactors for submarines and surface ships.
Édouard Michelin (1859–1940) France – pneumatic tire.
Karl von Reichenbach (1788–1869) Germany – paraffin creosote oil phenol.
Al-Sijzi (c. 945–1020) Persia/Iran – heliocentric astrolabe.
Gilles de Roberval (1602–1675) France – Roberval balance.
Ognjeslav Kostović (1851–1916) Serbia/Russia – arborite (high-strength plywood an early plastic).
Seth Boyden (1788–1870) USA – nail-making machine.
Anders Celsius (1701–1744) Sweden – Celsius temperature scale.
Julio Palmaz (born 1945) Argentina – balloon-expandable stent.
Robert Bunsen (1811–1899) Germany – Bunsen burner.
György Gömöri (1904–1957) Hungary / USA– Gömöri trichrome stain Gömöri methenamine silver stain (histology).
Ed Lowe (1920–1995) USA – Cat litter.
Aurel Stodola (1859–1942) Slovakia – gas turbines.
Evangelista Torricelli (1608–1647) Italy – barometer.
Kerim Kerimov (1917–2003) Azerbaijan and Russia – co-developer of human spaceflight space dock space station.
Marcellin Berthelot (1827–1907) France – Berthelot's reagent (chemistry).
Physics is very muddled again at the moment; it is much too hard for me anyway and I wish I were a movie comedian or something like that and had never heard anything about physics! ~ Wolfgang Pauli 1900 – 1958
All increasing or dominant species (and it is from these that new species arise) vary considerably in all their parts organs and faculties in every generation. ~ Alfred Russel Wallace 1823 to 1913 - Zoologist Evolutionary Biologist
Find the number such that if the whole of it is added to one-seventh of it the result will be nineteen. ~ The Ahmes Papyrus Ancient Egyptian mathematics problem from c. 2200 BC
Actually everything that can be known has a Number; for it is impossible to grasp anything with the mind or to recognize it without this. - Philolaus c. 470 – c. 385 BC Scientist and Philosopher
It does not help that some politicians and journalists assume the public is interested only in those aspects of science that promise immediate practical applications to technology or medicine. - Steven Weinberg 1933 to present Theoretical Physicist
Botany consists in the gathering of plants and the dismembering of them in connection with the use of a complicated terminology. That is the beginning and end of botany as it is understood by the majority. ~ Herbert Maule Richards 1871 to 1928 - Botanist
This is an era of specialists each of whom sees his own problem and is unaware of or intolerant of the larger frame into which it fits. ~ Rachel Carson 1907 to 1964 - Marine Biologist
No movie data found
No movie data found
No movie data found
- Stimulates the pumping action of exercise and has multiple massage sessions.
- Pamper calves, ankles and feet
- Calms tired legs and soothes muscle fatigue
- Item size: Leg 15", Foot 11.5", and Thigh 27" x 9.5"
- Designed by a world-renowned Orthopedic Surgeon, the Healthy Stretch has been clinically tested to provide safe and productive stretching
- The Healthy Stretch decreases the risk of acute muscle strains and foot injuries
- Helps prevent chronic foot ailments like plantar fasciitis, flatfeet, knee, ankle, foot arthritis, diabetic forefoot ulcers, and stress fractures
- No need to worry about complicated systems, the Healthy Stretch is designed for everybody
- This is a device that you use before and after your workout, that you use bare footed to get a much deeper stretch than you could on your own
- Made of heavy-duty, durable and waterproof nylon with well padded semi-flexible covers.
- Versatile electronics accessories organiser specifically designed for well organised people.
- Three easy access mesh pockets expand to store multiple sizes of USB drive or small baby stuffs.
- Special zipper spaces for 2.5 Inch external hard drive (HDD), SSD cards, CF cards, power bank or baby diapers and etc.
- Dimension: L17.4"*W8.9"when open, about L9.5"*W4.3" after folded. Roll-up design fits in coat pocket or small space in any bag.