"In New York, everyone's desperate for success, desperate for money and desperate to be accepted, but in London they're more laid back about things like that." - David Bailey
"I think that everybody in the world, whatever colour or creed, has a jerk like JR in his or her family somewhere. Whether it is a father, uncle, cousin or brother, everybody can identify with JR and that certainly had something to do with the success of 'Dallas.'" - Larry Hagman
"For us political activists and candidates, the morning after any election is a mix of emotions - the personal and the immediate, the culmination of your own recent campaigning efforts and the fortunes of your party and the success or otherwise of what you stand for and believe in." - Lucy Powell
Before watching Video, Read About…
Stay Late at the Office Occasionally: Successful people know that being dedicated to your job isn’t enough. You must also demonstrate that dedication to your employer. One way in which you can do this is by staying late when your employer is also staying late, so she can observe you working and gain a positive impression.
Shop Around for the Best Mortgage: Another thing that people who are successful in personal finance generally do is shop around for a mortgage. Instead of simply taking the first that they are offered at the first bank they go to, they test the waters with a number of different companies to try to get a lower interest rate.
Be a Continuous Learner: People have different learning styles. Some learn all the time; and find ways to incorporate that learning into their lives as they go. These people are continuous learners. On the other hand, most of us learn in discrete chunks. For instance, we might find out how to use a new software program, but immediately after doing so, we will cease to learn anything new about it until it is absolutely necessary. In general, those who learn in discrete chunks often find themselves at a serious disadvantage, as they often neglect to learn many important new things about products, people, and tools they interact with on a daily basis. So try to be a continuous learner. It may be difficult, but you’ll be happy you made the switch.
Inspire Confidence in Those Around You: Rather than tearing down your fellow co-workers, make every attempt possible to build them up. Having a confident staff around you will multiply the returns you reap from your own efforts.
Be Analytical About Your Results: In business, analysis is important. If something goes wrong, there are reasons for why it went wrong; and using a careful, well -reasoned approach is the best way to determine what those reasons were. So, instead of invoking magical thinking to avoid the problems altogether, instead focus on the process of analyzing your results.
Make an Effort to Strengthen Your Resolve: The strength of your resolve will determine whether you break-down at the sight of a challenge or whether you dare the challenge to cross your path. Strengthen your resolve and success is likely to follow.
Don’t Shy Away from Gray Areas: Gray areas are important. Those who are successful find out how to succeed, even when things are clearly black or white. Those who often fail to succeed cannot work through gray areas, but instead get confused and bogged down. If you want to get recognized and promoted, you must charge gray areas head- on and demonstrate that they won’t make you ineffective.
Pay Your Bills on Time: When you miss a bill, you get charged fees. So, instead of paying your bills on the last day, pay them first. If you have money left over, then use it for other purposes, but don’t do so until you have paid the bills.
Have Patience: One of the most common traits among those who are successful in business is patience. Those who don’t have patience always find themselves trapped in the plans of those who do have it. So, do yourself a favor, and cultivate patience. Be the trapper—not the trapped.
Watch Video: CHANGE YOUR LIFE & STOP WASTING TIME | POWERFUL Motivational Video Speech Compilation
(via YouTube)Real success is being totally indulgent about your own trip. You put your blinders on about the garbage and go full speed ahead. - Betsey Johnson
"Success is about enjoying what you have and where you are, while pursuing achievable goals." - Bo Bennett
Most people give up just when they're about to achieve success. They quit on the one yard line. They give up at the last minute of the game one foot from a winning touchdown. - Ross Perot
"Success turns a lot of people off. I have a pretty solid sense of joy and respect that irritates people, and can irritate me, too." - Dave Matthews
The secrets of success are a good wife and a steady job. My wife told me. - Howard Nemerov
I feel like I want to take care of everyone and I also feel this terrible guilt if I am unable to. And I have felt this way ever since all this success started. - Jim Carrey
"The manic pursuit of success cost me everything I could love: my wife, my three children, some friends I would have liked to grow old with." " - Sammy Davis, Jr."
"Success is that old ABC - ability, breaks, and courage." - Charles Luckman
In my time and neighborhood (and in my soul) there was only one standard by which a woman measured success: did some man want her? - Jessamyn West
"If there's no fire, there's no scream. If there's no scream, then no one hears you and no one comes to help you in the first place. The depth of my struggle has definitely determined the height of my success. To be able to teach my kids not just about success but about the struggle that comes with it." - R. Kelly
The toughest thing about success is that you've got to keep on being a success. - Irving Berlin
"In this world it is not what we take up, but what we give up, that makes us rich." - Henry Ward Beecher
I don't dwell on success. Maybe that's one reason I'm successful. - Calvin Klein
"I went to America and got into a band, had success, had hits in Australia." - Rick Springfield
"For me, I don't feel it is a success in the career to be the pretty woman career success comes from being characters who tell us something about the truth." - Emmanuelle Beart
"For an actress to be a success, she must have the face of Venus, the brains of a Minerva, the grace of Terpsichore, the memory of a Macaulay, the figure of Juno, and the hide of a rhinoceros." - Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Train Your Brain & Solve This…
- Alta syncs automatically and wirelessly to computers and 200+ leading iOS, Android and Windows devices using Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology. Syncing to computers requires Internet connection and USB port. Syncing to mobile devices requires Bluetooth and Internet connection. Syncing range: 20 feet
- Water Resistance: Alta is sweat, rain, splash proof. You can wear Alta in the shower, but we recommend rinsing and drying it afterwards because it's best for your skin if the band stays clean and dry. Battery life: lasts up to 5 days. Radio transceiver: Bluetooth 4.0
- We recommend charging your device every few days to ensure you are always tracking. Charge time: One to two hours
- Syncs with Windows Vista and later, Mac OS X 10.6 and up, iPhone 4S and later, iPad 3 gen. and later, and leading Android and Windows devices
- See simplified heart rate zones for quickly checking exercise intensity during workouts with PurePulse(TM) continuous, wrist-based heart rate monitoring (no uncomfortable chest strap required)
- Use multi-sport tracking to track runs, cardio, cross-training, biking and more. Effortlessly and automatically record other workouts to your dashboard with SmartTrack
- Enable connected GPS to map your routes and see run stats like pace and duration on display (when your phone is nearby)
- Track steps, distance, calories burned, floors climbed and active minutes. Stay connected with call, text & calendar alerts and notifications from your favorite apps like Gmail, Facebook and more (when phone is nearby).Start a FitStar workout on your wrist and get step-by-step instructions and graphics to ensure you complete each move correctly
- Track steps, distance, calories burned and active minutes
- See stats and time with a bright OLED tap display
- Automatically track how long and how well you sleep, and set a silent, vibrating alarm
- Personalize with interchangeable metal, leather and classic bands (sold separately)
- Get call, text and calendar notifications at a glance (when phone is nearby)