The technology behind smartphones relies on up to 250 000 separate patents.
Ancient Greek democracy lasted for only 185 years
Koalas have human-like fingerprints.
Ben Guggenheim heir to mining magnate Meyer Guggenheim dressed in his finest suit had a glass of brandy and smoked a cigar as the Titanic sank.
There are 1 792 steps in the Eiffel Tower
Vegetarians are 19% less likely to die from heart disease a study found.
In 2011 a woman bought a "non-visible" piece of art for $10 000.
The number of Chinese killed by the Japanese during WW2 is greater than the number of Jews killed in the Holocaust.
There's a virus that attacks human DNA making people less intelligent impairing brain activity learning and memory.
Cotton Candy was invented by a dentist.
There's a direct descendant of Christopher Columbus alive today. He's a Spanish noble.
The honey bee has been around for 30 million years.
The first online transaction ever was Stanford students buying marijuana from MIT students.
Italian serial killer Leonarda Cianciulli was famous for turning victims into tea cakes and serving them to guests.
If you leave everything to the last minute… it will only take a minute.
The Big Five is a group of animals of Africa: cape buffalo, elephant, leopard, lion and rhino.
The Chinese soft-shelled turtle is the first animal known to pee via its mouth.
Crucifixion is still an official form of death penalty in Sudan.
The Queen of England owns a McDonald's near Buckingham Palace.
During his entire life Vincent Van Gogh sold exactly one painting “Red Vineyard at Arles”.
African-Americans are twice as likely to be shot in the U.S.
Most of Antarctica is covered in ice: less than 1% is permanently ice-free.
20% of the world's unfrozen fresh water is in a single lake: Russia's Lake Baikal.
By 1850 American slaves were worth US$1.3 billion one-fifth of the nation's wealth.
In Victoria Australia only a licensed electrician is allowed to change a light bulb.
123 - 45 - 67 + 89 = 100.123 + 4 - 5 + 67 - 89 = 100.123 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 + 8 - 9 = 100.1 + 23 - 4 + 5 + 6 + 78 - 9 = 100.
A coyote crossed with a dog is called a "coydog".
Ancient Rome in 150 CE had less income inequality than the U.S. today.
An apple, potato, and onion all taste the same if you eat them with your nose plugged.
Babies remain calm twice as long when listening to a song as they do when listening to speech according to a study.
The plastic things on the end of shoelaces are called aglets.
With 1 896 km (1 178 mi) the Yonge Street in Canada is the longest street in the world.
The woman who underwent the world's first successful womb transplant became pregnant in 2013.
Apple's iPhone is almost twice more expensive in Brazil than in the U.S.
In 1998 all 11 members of a soccer team in Africa were killed by lightning while leaving the other team unhurt.
Cleaning a cat's litter box can get you Toxoplasmosis if the cat is infected. While pregnant it can cause your baby to be born with cerebral palsy seizures and mental retardation.
Sweden has the least number of murders annually.
A giraffe can go without water longer than a camel.
The first bomb the Allies dropped on Berlin in WWII killed the only elephant in the Berlin Zoo.
Certain fireflies emit a light so penetrating that it can pass through flesh and wood.
- Alta syncs automatically and wirelessly to computers and 200+ leading iOS, Android and Windows devices using Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology. Syncing to computers requires Internet connection and USB port. Syncing to mobile devices requires Bluetooth and Internet connection. Syncing range: 20 feet
- Water Resistance: Alta is sweat, rain, splash proof. You can wear Alta in the shower, but we recommend rinsing and drying it afterwards because it's best for your skin if the band stays clean and dry. Battery life: lasts up to 5 days. Radio transceiver: Bluetooth 4.0
- We recommend charging your device every few days to ensure you are always tracking. Charge time: One to two hours
- Syncs with Windows Vista and later, Mac OS X 10.6 and up, iPhone 4S and later, iPad 3 gen. and later, and leading Android and Windows devices
- See simplified heart rate zones for quickly checking exercise intensity during workouts with PurePulse(TM) continuous, wrist-based heart rate monitoring (no uncomfortable chest strap required)
- Use multi-sport tracking to track runs, cardio, cross-training, biking and more. Effortlessly and automatically record other workouts to your dashboard with SmartTrack
- Enable connected GPS to map your routes and see run stats like pace and duration on display (when your phone is nearby)
- Track steps, distance, calories burned, floors climbed and active minutes. Stay connected with call, text & calendar alerts and notifications from your favorite apps like Gmail, Facebook and more (when phone is nearby).Start a FitStar workout on your wrist and get step-by-step instructions and graphics to ensure you complete each move correctly
- Track steps, distance, calories burned and active minutes
- See stats and time with a bright OLED tap display
- Automatically track how long and how well you sleep, and set a silent, vibrating alarm
- Personalize with interchangeable metal, leather and classic bands (sold separately)
- Get call, text and calendar notifications at a glance (when phone is nearby)