The word “samba” means “to rub navels together.”
A blue whale is larger than a basketball court.
75%of cars that Rolls-Royce has ever produced are still on the road today.
The color Orange is named after the Orange fruit but before that it was called geoluread (yellow-red).
The U.S. has more museums than Starbucks and McDonald's locations combined.
The world's largest gold bar weighs 250 kg (551 lb).
One drop of the Beaked Sea Snake venom can kill 3 adult men.
After Christianity the largest religious affiliation in the U.S. is Judaism.
A month before 9/11 President George W. Bush was handed a memo titled: "Bin Laden Determined To Strike in US" saying it would be by hijacking planes possibly targeting NYC.
Abraham Lincoln Created The Secret Service The Day He Was Shot.
In 1938 15 000 Argentines celebrated in Buenos Aires the NAZI annexation of Austria.
Islam will equal Christianity in size by 2050.
Starfish don’t die of old age.
Revenue from digital music downloads and subscriptions outpaced CD sales in the U.S. for the first time in 2014.
Tuna fish can swim 40 miles in a single day.
Catnip is a natural cockroach repellent.
More people go to church on Sunday in China than in the whole of Europe.
In Italy "pepperoni" refers to bell peppers. There's no Italian salami by that name.
Elvis Presley hated John Lennon and wanted to beat him up for his anti-war stance.
Most homes in Bolivia have a dried llama fetus thrown under its foundations for luck.
The Earth seen from the moon also goes through phases.
In 1943 a fissure opened in a farmer's cornfield in Mexico growing into a five story tall volcano in only a week and up to 1 100 feet after a year.
There are 1 billion cars currently in use on earth.
Pope Francis used to work as a bar bouncer in Buenos Aires Argentina.
The logo of the Royal New Zealand Air Force is the Kiwi a flightless bird.
The Earth lost 40% of its wildlife in the past 40 years according to the WWF.
In 1961 Robert F Kennedy said the U.S. would have a black president within 40 years.
Jehovah's Witnesses don't celebrate birthdays because the only two accounts of birthday parties in the Bible ended in murder.
The Golden Gate uses the largest bridge cables ever made long enough to encircle the world more than 3 times at the equator.
2 000-year-old seeds were discovered in 1963 inside an ancient jar in Israel. They were planted in 2005 and a tree that had been extinct for over 1800 years sprouted.
Abraham Lincoln's coffin has been moved 17 times and opened 5 times.
Ancient Romans celebrated "Saturnalia" a festival in which slaves and their masters would switch places.
Pandas eat bamboo largely because they have no umami taste receptors. Meat tastes bland to them.
37%of Americans think global warming is a hoax.
Almost a third of the world's languages are spoken only in Africa.
In Colorado medical marijuana dispensaries outnumber Starbucks locations 3 to 1.
Of all the countries that celebrate an independence day 58 are independent of the UK 26 of France 21 of Russia and 21 of Spain.
British people say "Happy Christmas" because in the 19th century the word "merry" also meant "intoxicated" so they wanted to separate it from public insobriety.
Humans use a total of 72 different muscles in speech.
6 million lives were saved by Bill Gates with vaccines and better healthcare.
- Connectivity: Wirelessly connect and control a wide range of compatible smart devices from 40+ partner brands, including voice assistants, lights & switches, speakers, cameras, sensors and more
- Home Automation: Teach the hub your Good Morning, Goodbye, Goodnight, and other routines to automatically turn devices on or off throughout the day
- 24/7 Monitoring: Receive app alerts from connected devices when there's unexpected activity in your home.Material: Plastic
- Voice Controls: Use voice commands to control connected devices using SmartThings and the Google Assistant
- Improved DIY Solution: Improved guided onboarding for easier setup. Hub connects with Wi-Fi so does not need to be connected to an Ethernet cable
- VOICE ACTIVATED: With the Philips Hue Smart Hub, add up to 50 Philips Hue smart lights of your choice with this ZigBee-controlled hub necessary for voice control with Alexa, Apple HomeKit, or Google Assistant
- CONTROL YOUR SMART LIGHTS FROM ANYWHERE: The heart of your Philips Hue system, this hue hub also enables you to control all of your Philips Hue products via the Philips Hue app, even when you're away from home
- FULLY AUTOMATE YOUR SMART HOME: Enhance your Philips Hue system by setting timers and alarms, connecting to a variety of apps, dimming the smart lights and more (cannot be used with conventional dimmers)
- EXPAND YOUR ECOSYSTEM: Easily expand your smart lighting system with Philips Hue accessories (sold separately), such as a Hue Dimmer Switch, Hue Tap, or Hue Motion Sensor. Pair it for home automation with your existing Nest or SmartThings system. Control your hue lights by connecting the Hue Hub to your router with the included ethernet network cable. This box also includes one Philips Hue Hub, power adapter, manual, and two-year warranty for the full Philips Hue experience
- CROSS-DEVICE COMPATIBILITY: HomeKit compatible iOS 9 or later. iPhone:4, 4S, 5, 5S, 6, 6 Plus, 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs Max, iPhone Xr, iPod touch: 5th generation.Network Connectivity:Wireless A,Wireless B,Wireless G,Wireless N
- Connect your Home: The brains of the Sengled system, the hub enables you to control up to 64 Sengled Smart lights and accessories with the hub. A hub is necessary to use a voice assistant, like Alexa and Google Assistant
- Easy to Install: Connect the Sengled Smart Hub to your router using the included Ethernet cable and use the in-app guide to set up
- Home Automation: Easily extend your smart home system across every room by connecting Sengled Smart LEDs and accessories to the hub, then automate
- Voice control: Connect the hub to Alexa or Google Assistant-enabled devices and use your voice to control your Sengled Smart LEDs and accessories
- One simple app: Control all your Sengled smart devices using the Sengled Home app (iOS/Android.) Set schedules, group devices and more to control all of your home's Sengled smart products