The legend that every cipher is breakable is of course absurd though still widespread among people who should know better. ~ J.E. Littlewood 1885 – 1977 - Mathematician
I believe that thirty million of these animalcules together would not take up as much room or be as big as a coarse grain of sand. ~ Antonie van Leeuwenhoek 1632 to 1723 - Biologist
Dawon Kahng (1931–1992) South Korea together with Simon Sze (1936–) Taiwan/USA – Floating-gate MOSFET.
Jimmy Hotz (born 1953) USA – Hotz MIDI Translator Atari Hotz Box.
George Pullman (1831–1897) USA – Pullman sleep wagon.
Lev Artsimovich (1909–1973) Russia – tokamak.
Karl Benz (1844–1929) Germany – the petrol-powered automobile the carburetor.
Al-Khazini (fl.1115–1130) Persia/Iran – hydrostatic balance.
Charles F. Brannock (1903–1992) USA – Brannock Device (shoe size).
August Schrader (1820–?) USA – Schrader valve for Pneumatic tire.
Frank Hornby (1863–1936) UK – invented Meccano.
Leó Szilárd (1898–1964) Hungary/USA – Co-developed the atomic bomb patented the nuclear reactor catalyst of the Manhattan Project.
Julius Fromm (1883–1945) Germany – first seamless Condom.
Felix Hoffmann (Bayer) (1868–1949) Germany – Aspirin.
Ted Selker (inv. 1987) USA – Pointing stick.
Eli Whitney (1765–1825) USA – the cotton gin.
Vladimir Shukhov (1853–1939) Russia – thermal cracking (Shukhov cracking process) thin-shell structure tensile structure hyperboloid structure gridshell modern oil pipeline cylindric oil depot.
Antoni van Leeuwenhoek (1632–1723) The Netherlands – development of the microscope.
Enrico Forlanini (1848–1930) Italy – Steam helicopter hydrofoil Forlanini airships.
Franz Joseph Emil Fischer (1877–1947) together with Hans Schrader (1921–2012) Germany – Fischer assay (oil yield test).
Robert Adler (1913–2007) Austria/United States – wireless remote control (with Eugene Polley).
Robert Goddard (1882–1945) USA – liquid fuel rocket.
We must reason in natural philosophy not from what we hope or even expect but from what we perceive. ~ Humphry Davy - 1778 to 1829
Understanding the history of matter and searching for its most interesting forms such as galaxies stars planets and life seems a suitable use for our intelligence. - Robert Kirshner 1949 to present Astronomer
We were a polite society and I expected to lead a quiet life teaching mechanics and listening to my senior colleagues gently but obliquely poking fun at one another. This dream of somnolent peace vanished very quickly when (Ernest) Rutherford came to Cambridge. Rutherford was the only person I have met who immediately impressed me as a great man. He was a big man and made a big noise and he seemed to enjoy every minute of his life. I remember that when transatlantic broadcasting first came in Rutherford told us at a dinner in Hall how he had spoken into a microphone to America and had been heard all over the continent. One of the bolder of our Fellows said: “Surely you did not need to use apparatus for that.” ~ Geoffrey Fellows 1871 to 1937
The literary convention that numbers less than 10 should be given in words is often highly unsuitable in mathematics… The excessive use of the word forms is regrettably spreading at the present time. ~ J.E. Littlewood 1885 – 1977 - Mathematician
If your experiment needs statistics you ought to have done a better experiment. - Ernest Rutherford 1871 to 1937 Physicist
Physics is very muddled again at the moment; it is much too hard for me anyway and I wish I were a movie comedian or something like that and had never heard anything about physics! ~ Wolfgang Pauli 1900 – 1958
There may be babblers wholly ignorant of mathematics who dare to condemn my hypothesis upon the authority of some part of the Bible twisted to suit their purpose. I value them not and scorn their unfounded judgment. ~ Nicolaus Copernicus 1473 – 1543 Mathematician and Astronomer
- The Circel Of Life, Circel Pendant Message " ancient meaning...circle of life dream meaning...success beyond your wildest dreams 21st century meaning...what goes around comes around whatever it means to you... believe, trust, and enjoy!! " Card Necklace.
- Perfect Gift For Yourself or Your loved ones. Symbol of good health and good luck.
- Metal Type: Gold Plated
- FE Message "ponte tu collar y pide deseo. si crees en ti mismo y en tu potencial, todo puede ser posible! usa tu collar para que siempre recuerdes que hay que tener fe." Card Cross Pendant Necklace.
- Environment Friendly Gold Plated, Carefully Handmade By Skilled Workman.
- Metal Type: Gold Plated, Spring Ring Clasp.
- Chain Length: 45 cm + 10 cm.
- Key To Success Message "make a wish and put on your necklace. it's no secret¡the key to success is doing what you love! wear your necklace as a reminder that you can do anything you set your mind and your heart to!" Necklace for Women.
- Gold Plated Alloy, Spring-Ring Clasp.
- 16" Necklace to Be Worn Alone or Layered.
- Perfect Gift for Yourself or Your Loved Ones.
- Each Necklace Comes in An Original Package.