Things are as they are because they were as they were. - Thomas Gold 1920 to present Astrophysicist
Chemists do not usually stutter. It would be very awkward if they did seeing that they have at times to get out such words as methylethylamylophenylium. ~ Sir William Crookes - 1832 to 1919
William Henry Perkin (1838–1907) United Kingdom – first synthetic organic chemical dye Mauveine.
Nick Holonyak (born 1928) USA – LED (Light Emitting Diode).
Johann Gutenberg (c. 1390s–1468) Germany – movable type printing press.
John Harvey Kellogg (1852–1943) cornflake breakfasts.
Calvin Quate (1923–) with Gerd Binnig (1947–) and with Christoph Gerber (?–) USA/Germany/Switzerland – Atomic force microscope.
Hugh Bradner (1915–2008) USA – Wetsuit.
Adolf von Baeyer (1835–1917) Germany – a.o. Fluorescein synthetic Indigo dye Phenolphthalein.
Gleb Kotelnikov (1872–1944) Russia – knapsack parachute drogue parachute.
Sergei Lebedev (1874–1934) Russia – commercially viable synthetic rubber.
Donát Bánki (1859–1922) Hungary – inventor of the carburetor for the stationary engine.
Kia Silverbrook (born 1958) Australia – Memjet printer world's most prolific inventor.
Adolph Rickenbacker (1886–1976) Switzerland – Electric guitar.
Ali Kashmiri ibn Luqman (fl.1589–1590) Mughal India – seamless globe and celestial globe.
Konstantin Konstantinov (1817 or 1819–1871) Russia – device for measuring flight speed of projectiles ballistic rocket pendulum launch pad rocket-making machine.
Eric Tigerstedt (1887–1925) Finland – Sound-on-film triode vacuum tube.
Nikolay Dollezhal (1899–2000) Russia – AM-1 reactor for the 1st nuclear power plant other RBMK reactors VVER pressurized water reactors.
Melitta Bentz (1873–1950) Germany – paper Coffee filter.
Marc Seguin (1786–1875) France – wire-cable suspension bridge.
Roland Moreno (1945–2012) France – inventor of the smart card.
Augustus Siebe (1788–1872) Germany/UK – Inventor of the standard diving dress.
The time however has arrived when biology must like the other sciences make a fresh start in a purely speculative direction free from all entanglement with medical or any other art. ~ Auguste Compte 1798 to 1857 - Philosopher of Science
Chemistry unlike other sciences sprang originally from delusions and superstitions and was at its commencement exactly on a par with magic and astrology. - Thomas Thomson 1773 to 1852 Chemist
It does not help that some politicians and journalists assume the public is interested only in those aspects of science that promise immediate practical applications to technology or medicine. - Steven Weinberg 1933 to present Theoretical Physicist
If your experiment needs statistics you ought to have done a better experiment. - Ernest Rutherford 1871 to 1937 Physicist
Macroscopic objects as we see them all around us are governed by a variety of forces derived from a variety of approximations to a variety of physical theories. In contrast the only elements in the construction of black holes are our basic concepts of space and time. They are thus almost by definition the most perfect macroscopic objects there are in the universe. ~ Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar 1910 to 1995
All increasing or dominant species (and it is from these that new species arise) vary considerably in all their parts organs and faculties in every generation. ~ Alfred Russel Wallace 1823 to 1913 - Zoologist Evolutionary Biologist
By ‘life ’ we mean a thing that can nourish itself and grow and decay. - Aristotle 384 BC to 322 BC Scientist Philosopher
- The Circel Of Life, Circel Pendant Message " ancient meaning...circle of life dream meaning...success beyond your wildest dreams 21st century meaning...what goes around comes around whatever it means to you... believe, trust, and enjoy!! " Card Necklace.
- Perfect Gift For Yourself or Your loved ones. Symbol of good health and good luck.
- Metal Type: Gold Plated
- FE Message "ponte tu collar y pide deseo. si crees en ti mismo y en tu potencial, todo puede ser posible! usa tu collar para que siempre recuerdes que hay que tener fe." Card Cross Pendant Necklace.
- Environment Friendly Gold Plated, Carefully Handmade By Skilled Workman.
- Metal Type: Gold Plated, Spring Ring Clasp.
- Chain Length: 45 cm + 10 cm.
- Key To Success Message "make a wish and put on your necklace. it's no secret¡the key to success is doing what you love! wear your necklace as a reminder that you can do anything you set your mind and your heart to!" Necklace for Women.
- Gold Plated Alloy, Spring-Ring Clasp.
- 16" Necklace to Be Worn Alone or Layered.
- Perfect Gift for Yourself or Your Loved Ones.
- Each Necklace Comes in An Original Package.