But though the professed aim of all scientific work is to unravel the secrets of nature it has another effect not less valuable on the mind of the worker. It leaves him in possession of methods which nothing but scientific work could have led him to invent. ~ James Clerk Maxwell 1831 to 1879
Chemistry unlike other sciences sprang originally from delusions and superstitions and was at its commencement exactly on a par with magic and astrology. ~ Thomas Thomson - 1773 to 1852
Arnold O. Beckman (1900–2004) USA – electric pH meter.
Vladimir Petlyakov (1891–1942) Russia – heavy bomber.
Nikolay Ivanovich Pirogov (1810–1881) Russia – early use of ether as anaesthetic first anaesthesia in a field operation various kinds of surgical operations.
Georges Lakhovsky (1869–1942) Russia/USA – Multiple Wave Oscillator.
Roger Y. Tsien (born 1952) together with Osamu Shimomura (1928–) and Martin Chalfie (born 1947) USA – Discovery and development of Green fluorescent protein.
Benjamin Chew Tilghman (1821–1897) USA – sandblasting.
Corliss Orville Burandt USA – Variable valve timing.
Kary Mullis (born 1944) USA – PCR.
Temple Grandin (born 1945) Inventor of the squeeze machine and humane abattoirs..
Gleb Kotelnikov (1872–1944) Russia – knapsack parachute drogue parachute.
Al-Sijzi (c. 945–1020) Persia/Iran – heliocentric astrolabe.
John Bennet Lawes (1814–1900) UK – superphosphate or chemical fertilizer.
Charles F. Brannock (1903–1992) USA – Brannock Device (shoe size).
Samuel Morey (1762–1843) USA – internal combustion engine.
Frank Whittle (1907–1996) UK – co-inventor of the jet engine.
Su Song (1020–1101) China – first chain drive.
Hippolyte Pixii (1808–1835) France – Pixii dynamo.
Friedrich Soennecken (1848–1919) Germany – Ring binder Hole punch.
Pieter van Musschenbroek (1692–1761) Netherlands – Leyden jar pyrometer.
Andrey Chokhov (c. 1545–1629) Russia – Tsar Cannon.
All of physics is either impossible or trivial. It is impossible until you understand it and then it becomes trivial. ~ Ernest Rutherford 1871 to 1937
Simple laws can very well describe complex structures. The miracle is not the complexity of our world but the simplicity of the equations describing that complexity. ~ Sander Bais b. 1945 - Theoretical Physicist
Experimental science hardly ever affords us more than approximations to the truth; and whenever many agents are concerned we are in great danger of being mistaken. ~ Humphry Davy - 1778 to 1829
In its efforts to learn as much as possible about nature modern physics has found that certain things can never be “known” with certainty. Much of our knowledge must always remain uncertain. The most we can know is in terms of probabilities. ~ Richard Feynman 1918 to 1988
There may be babblers wholly ignorant of mathematics who dare to condemn my hypothesis upon the authority of some part of the Bible twisted to suit their purpose. I value them not and scorn their unfounded judgment. - Nicolaus Copernicus 1473 – 1543 Astronomer Mathematician
A fact acquires its true and full value only through the idea which is developed from it. ~ Justus von Liebig - 1803 to 1873
Division is esteemed one of the busiest operations of Arithmetic and such as requireth a mind not wandering or settled upon other matters. ~ Thomas Hylles The arte of vulgar arithmeticke 1600 - Mathematician
- $5 Preloaded 30-Day wireless service at 2¢ per VOICE TEXT & 2¢/MB nationwide 2G 3G & 4G LTE Data. That's 250 minutes talk or 250 texts or 250 MB Data.
- Our prepaid sim cards are designed for users that need a minimal amount of airtime each month/year. Sim card is free and pre-cut in 3 sizes to fit any device, standard-sized SIM, Micro-sized SIM or/and a Nano-sized SIM card.
- Supports GPS tracking devices such as but not limited to vehicle trackers, kid/pets tracker, personal tracker, senior tracker.
- No Activation fee NO Contract NO Credit Check.
- Our service will work within the United States in partnership with T-Mobile Network. Roaming is not supported in our plans.
- Control any plug in device from anywhere and keep an eye on your device's energy usage using the Geeni app (iOS 8 or higher/Android 4.1 or higher)
- No hub required, Wi-Fi built-in
- Set your schedule and automatically tailor your plugged in devices to perfectly fit your life
- Save money, energy and the environment
- Voice control with Amazon Alexa & Google assistant
- Powerful function :pedometer, distance, calorimetric measurement, heart rate monitoring, blood pressure monitoring, blood oxygen monitoring, sleep monitoring, SMS and content alerts, alarm settings, incoming calls alert, caller ID display, application messages alert, find your phone, anti lost, reminder of exercise goal.
- Methods: scan the QR code on the manual or download "Wearfit" in APP store. Please make sure your phone Bluetooth function was turned on. Open "Wearfit", click the selection of link to bracelet, find the device name in the list and click it. Then enter the main interface. The "wearfit" app is compatible with Bluetooth 4 and above smart phones, iOS version 8 above, or Android version 4.4 above.
- To measure heart rate, blood pressure and oxygen, it need to wait for 1-2 minutes. The measurements are for reference only, as it's not a medical device after all.
- The bracelet is made of special silicone, comfortable for wearing, suitable for 5.5-8 inch various sizes of wrist. 80mA lithium battery, charging 1.5 hours about 5 days of standby time.
- Waterproof: waterproof grade IP67, can effectively prevent the rainwater, sweat, and prevent dust.