Kuwait is about 60% male (highest in the world). Latvia is about 54% female (highest in the world).
For every US$1000 of music sold the average musician makes just US$23.40.
The Mount Everest grows 0.1576 inches (4mm) each year.
In 2011 a man was arrested in Sweden for splitting an atom in his kitchen.
Over 80 000 people graduated from McDonald's Hamburger University with a bachelor's degree in hamburgerology.
Suriphobia is the fear of mice.
The country of Liberia in Africa was established by U.S. citizens as a colony for former African-American slaves and their free black descendants.
Beetles taste like apples wasps like pine nuts and worms like fried bacon.
The Simpsons hold the Guinness Record for Longest Running Prime time Animated Television Series and Most Guest Stars Featured in a Television Series.
A con man in India repeatedly "sold" the Taj Mahal the Indian parliament and various other heritage sites. He was sentenced to 113 years but managed to escape prison 9 times. The last time he was 84 years old.
In 1998 all 11 members of a soccer team in Africa were killed by lightning while leaving the other team unhurt.
1 in 10 000 people has their internal organs reversed or "mirrored" from their normal positions.
Burning Mountain Australia has an underground natural coal fire that has been burning for about 6 000 years.
There are 2 pets for every 3 people in the U.S.
Men with attractive wives report higher levels of satisfaction with their marriages a study says.
Women cry on average between 30 and 64 times a year while men cry between 6 and 17 times.
German soccer player Mesut Ozil donated his €300 000 World Cup victory bonus to pay surgeries for 23 children in Brazil.
Every time a woodpecker's beak hits a tree its head is subject to 1 000 times the force of gravity.
In 2003 Leonardo Da Vinci's machines were built and tested according to his original designs for a documentary. Some were successful and others proved to be impractical.
The flag erected on the Moon during the historic Apollo 11 landing was purchased at a local Sears store for US$5.50.
The inhabitants of ancient Rome had a sewer goddess a toilet god and a god of excrement.
In 2015 Astronaut Chris Had field released the first album of songs recorded entirely in space.
1 out of every 8 Americans is from California.
Water is light turquoise blue due to the weak absorption in the red part of the visible spectrum.
Georgia’s state motto is “Wisdom Justice and Moderation.”
In Japanese there are at least 20 different ways to say "sorry."
359 years after the Catholic Church forced Galileo Galilei to recant his theory that the Earth moves around the Sun it declared he was right in 1992.
On average people who complain live longer. Releasing the tension increases immunity and boosts their health.
In 2010 General Electric made over US$14 billion in profits but paid US$0 in taxes in the U.S.
Roughly a third of the world's adult population smokes.
A polar bear’s outer fur is called ‘guard hair’.
German chocolate cake isn't German. It's named for Sam German an American baker.
Heron’s eggs have a greenish-blue pale colour.
Divorce is illegal in the Philippines.
Horses can’t vomit.
In the Middle Ages BEER was consumed more than water as the alcohol made it safer.
Cotton Candy was invented by a dentist.
Humans and dogs first became best friends 30 000 years ago.
California produces 80% of the world's almonds.
Montpelier Vermont is the only state capital without a McDonalds.
- Connectivity: Wirelessly connect and control a wide range of compatible smart devices from 40+ partner brands, including voice assistants, lights & switches, speakers, cameras, sensors and more
- Home Automation: Teach the hub your Good Morning, Goodbye, Goodnight, and other routines to automatically turn devices on or off throughout the day
- 24/7 Monitoring: Receive app alerts from connected devices when there's unexpected activity in your home.Material: Plastic
- Voice Controls: Use voice commands to control connected devices using SmartThings and the Google Assistant
- Improved DIY Solution: Improved guided onboarding for easier setup. Hub connects with Wi-Fi so does not need to be connected to an Ethernet cable
- VOICE ACTIVATED: With the Philips Hue Smart Hub, add up to 50 Philips Hue smart lights of your choice with this ZigBee-controlled hub necessary for voice control with Alexa, Apple HomeKit, or Google Assistant
- CONTROL YOUR SMART LIGHTS FROM ANYWHERE: The heart of your Philips Hue system, this hue hub also enables you to control all of your Philips Hue products via the Philips Hue app, even when you're away from home
- FULLY AUTOMATE YOUR SMART HOME: Enhance your Philips Hue system by setting timers and alarms, connecting to a variety of apps, dimming the smart lights and more (cannot be used with conventional dimmers)
- EXPAND YOUR ECOSYSTEM: Easily expand your smart lighting system with Philips Hue accessories (sold separately), such as a Hue Dimmer Switch, Hue Tap, or Hue Motion Sensor. Pair it for home automation with your existing Nest or SmartThings system. Control your hue lights by connecting the Hue Hub to your router with the included ethernet network cable. This box also includes one Philips Hue Hub, power adapter, manual, and two-year warranty for the full Philips Hue experience
- CROSS-DEVICE COMPATIBILITY: HomeKit compatible iOS 9 or later. iPhone:4, 4S, 5, 5S, 6, 6 Plus, 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs Max, iPhone Xr, iPod touch: 5th generation.Network Connectivity:Wireless A,Wireless B,Wireless G,Wireless N
- Connect your Home: The brains of the Sengled system, the hub enables you to control up to 64 Sengled Smart lights and accessories with the hub. A hub is necessary to use a voice assistant, like Alexa and Google Assistant
- Easy to Install: Connect the Sengled Smart Hub to your router using the included Ethernet cable and use the in-app guide to set up
- Home Automation: Easily extend your smart home system across every room by connecting Sengled Smart LEDs and accessories to the hub, then automate
- Voice control: Connect the hub to Alexa or Google Assistant-enabled devices and use your voice to control your Sengled Smart LEDs and accessories
- One simple app: Control all your Sengled smart devices using the Sengled Home app (iOS/Android.) Set schedules, group devices and more to control all of your home's Sengled smart products