August 2014 was the warmest August ever recorded globally.
In 132 AD a Chinese inventor built a seismograph which at the moment of an earthquake expelled a copper ball out of the mouth of a dragon and into the mouth of a frog.
The U.S. bought Alaska for 2 cents an acre from Russia.
Lobster was fed to slaves because it was considered a mark of poverty prior to the 20th century.
"Rain of fish" is an annual weather event in which hundreds of fish rain from the sky onto the city Yoro in Honduras.
Snakes do not blink.
Butterflies have their skeletons on the outside of their bodies, this is known as the exoskeleton.
Every single spy Hitler thought he had in Britain during WW2 was a double agent under British control.
Arachnophobia is the fear of spiders.
The radioactive substance Americanium – 241 is used in many smoke detectors.
The first Canadian casualties of the Afghanistan war were from an American pilot bombing a training exercise.
The Egyptian Kahun Papyrus (1850 B.C.) suggests crocodile feces either for preventing conception or as an abortifacient.
A lion in the wild usually makes no more than 20 kills a year.
Napoleon wasn't short. He was actually above the average Frenchman.
After Michael Jackson's death hit the news he was mentioned in a rate of 5 000 tweets per minute.
During his time as a Congressman and later as U.S. President John F Kennedy donated all of his salary to charity.
Abraham Lincoln practiced law without a degree. He had less than 12 months of formal schooling.
The entire student body of the University of Mississippi enlisted for the American Civil War. They suffered a 100% casualty rate.
Rapper NoClue is the World's Fastest Rapper with 723 syllables in 51.27 seconds (14.1 syllables per second).
A Church built into a cave is the largest church in the Middle East.
On average 2 newborns will be given to the wrong parents every day.
In the U.S. Childhood Food Allergies Cost Nearly US$25 Billion Every Year.
The majority of women seeking an abortion are not teenagers: 58% are in their 20s and 6 in 10 already have a child at home.
The most valuable legal tender coin in the world is a US$1 million coin from Australia. Since it weighs 1 000 kg and is 99.99% pure gold it is worth almost US$45 million.
There are 45 miles of nerves in the skin of a human being.
No movie data found
No movie data found
No movie data found
Coffee beans aren't beans. They are fruit pits.
Despite their walnut-sized brain octopuses are highly intelligent possibly more so than any other order of invertebrates.
China used more cement in 3 years (2011 to 2013) than the U.S. used in the entire 20th century.
President Obama calls UK's PM David Cameron "bro".
Three of Fidel Castro's sons are named after Alexander the Great: Alexis Alejandro and Alexander.
Oceans cover 71% of the Earth's surface.
A 10-Year-Old Goldfish Had a 45-Minute Surgery To Remove A Tumor in 2014.
Polar bears are the world’s largest land predators.
Einstein's great breakthroughs came from visual experiments performed in his head rather than the lab.
The strongest muscle (Relative to size) in the body is the tongue.
Earth is the only known place where a fire can occur naturally.
China uses 45 billion chopsticks per year.
A woman in Egypt disguised herself as a man for 43 years in order to make a living for her daughter.
Tomatoes came from America and weren't introduced in Italy until the 1540s.
Did you know you share a birthday with at least nine other million people in the world?
- Connectivity: Wirelessly connect and control a wide range of compatible smart devices from 40+ partner brands, including voice assistants, lights & switches, speakers, cameras, sensors and more
- Home Automation: Teach the hub your Good Morning, Goodbye, Goodnight, and other routines to automatically turn devices on or off throughout the day
- 24/7 Monitoring: Receive app alerts from connected devices when there's unexpected activity in your home.Material: Plastic
- Voice Controls: Use voice commands to control connected devices using SmartThings and the Google Assistant
- Improved DIY Solution: Improved guided onboarding for easier setup. Hub connects with Wi-Fi so does not need to be connected to an Ethernet cable
- VOICE ACTIVATED: With the Philips Hue Smart Hub, add up to 50 Philips Hue smart lights of your choice with this ZigBee-controlled hub necessary for voice control with Alexa, Apple HomeKit, or Google Assistant
- CONTROL YOUR SMART LIGHTS FROM ANYWHERE: The heart of your Philips Hue system, this hue hub also enables you to control all of your Philips Hue products via the Philips Hue app, even when you're away from home
- FULLY AUTOMATE YOUR SMART HOME: Enhance your Philips Hue system by setting timers and alarms, connecting to a variety of apps, dimming the smart lights and more (cannot be used with conventional dimmers)
- EXPAND YOUR ECOSYSTEM: Easily expand your smart lighting system with Philips Hue accessories (sold separately), such as a Hue Dimmer Switch, Hue Tap, or Hue Motion Sensor. Pair it for home automation with your existing Nest or SmartThings system. Control your hue lights by connecting the Hue Hub to your router with the included ethernet network cable. This box also includes one Philips Hue Hub, power adapter, manual, and two-year warranty for the full Philips Hue experience
- CROSS-DEVICE COMPATIBILITY: HomeKit compatible iOS 9 or later. iPhone:4, 4S, 5, 5S, 6, 6 Plus, 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs Max, iPhone Xr, iPod touch: 5th generation.Network Connectivity:Wireless A,Wireless B,Wireless G,Wireless N
- Connect your Home: The brains of the Sengled system, the hub enables you to control up to 64 Sengled Smart lights and accessories with the hub. A hub is necessary to use a voice assistant, like Alexa and Google Assistant
- Easy to Install: Connect the Sengled Smart Hub to your router using the included Ethernet cable and use the in-app guide to set up
- Home Automation: Easily extend your smart home system across every room by connecting Sengled Smart LEDs and accessories to the hub, then automate
- Voice control: Connect the hub to Alexa or Google Assistant-enabled devices and use your voice to control your Sengled Smart LEDs and accessories
- One simple app: Control all your Sengled smart devices using the Sengled Home app (iOS/Android.) Set schedules, group devices and more to control all of your home's Sengled smart products