Chemistry unlike other sciences sprang originally from delusions and superstitions and was at its commencement exactly on a par with magic and astrology. - Thomas Thomson 1773 to 1852 Chemist
The black holes of nature are the most perfect macroscopic objects there are in the universe: the only elements in their construction are our concepts of space and time. - Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar 1910 to 1995 Astrophysicist
John Bardeen (1908–1991) USA – co-inventor of the transistor.
Carl Linnaeus (1707–1778) Sweden – formal Binomial nomenclature for living organisms Horologium Florae.
Dimitar Paskov (1914–1986) Bulgaria – Galantamine.
Arturo Caprotti (1881–1938) Italy – Caprotti valve gear.
William Morrison (dentist) (1860–1926) USA – a.o. Cotton candy machine.
Daniel David Palmer (1845–1913) Canada – chiropractic.
Charles Dow (1851–1902) USA – Dow Jones Industrial Average.
Abu al-Qasim al-Zahrawi (Abulcasis) (936–1013) Islamic Spain – catgut surgical suture various surgical instruments and dental devices.
Robert W. Bower (born 1936) USA – self-aligned–gate MOSFET.
Rudolf Diesel (1858–1913) Germany – Diesel engine.
Adolph Rickenbacker (1886–1976) Switzerland – Electric guitar.
William Snow Harris (1791–1867) United Kingdom – much improved naval Lightning rods.
Georges Claude (1870–1960) France – neon lamp.
Ted Selker (inv. 1987) USA – Pointing stick.
Joseph-Armand Bombardier (1907–1964) Canada – snowmobile.
Anders Knutsson Ångström (1888–1981) Sweden – Pyranometer.
Michael Faraday (1791–1867) UK – electric transformer electric motor.
Frank Marugg (inv. 1944) USA – Wheel clamp.
William Cullen (1710–1790) UK – first artificial refrigerator.
Francis Rogallo (1912–2009) USA – Rogallo wing.
It is strange that only extraordinary men make the discoveries which later appear so easy and simple. - Georg C. Lichtenberg 1742 to 1799 Physicist
We cannot define anything precisely! If we attempt to we get into that paralysis of thought that comes to philosophers who sit opposite each other one saying to the other ‘You don’t know what you are talking about!’ The second one says ‘What do you mean by know? What do you mean by talking? What do you mean by you?’ and so on. ~ Richard Feynman 1918 to 1988
Physics is actually too hard for physicists. ~ David Hilbert 1862 to 1943 (Mathematician)
I believe that new mathematical schemata new systems of axioms certainly new systems of mathematical structures will be suggested by the study of the living world. ~ Stan Ulam 1909 – 1984 - Mathematician
Nearly 2.5 billion years of prokaryotic cells and nothing else – two-thirds of life’s history in stasis at the lowest level of recorded complexity… Why did life remain at stage 1 for two-thirds of its history if complexity offers such benefits? ~ Stephen Jay Gould 1941 to 2002 - Paleontologist
It is thus probable that germs of the lowest organisms known to us are continually being carried away from the earth and the other planets upon which they exist. As seeds in general so most of these spores thus carried away will no doubt meet death in the cold infinite space of the universe. Yet a small number of spores will fall on some other world and may there be able to spread life if conditions be suitable. ~ Svante Arrhenius 1859 to 1927 - Physical Chemist
Benjamin Franklin performed a beautiful experiment using surfactants; on a pond at Clapham Common he poured a small amount of oleic acid a natural surfactant which tends to form a dense film at the water-air interface. He measured the volume required to cover all the pond. Knowing the area he then knew the height of the film something like three nanometers in our current units. ~ Pierre-Gilles de Gennes 1932 to 2007
- Stimulates the pumping action of exercise and has multiple massage sessions.
- Pamper calves, ankles and feet
- Calms tired legs and soothes muscle fatigue
- Item size: Leg 15", Foot 11.5", and Thigh 27" x 9.5"
- Designed by a world-renowned Orthopedic Surgeon, the Healthy Stretch has been clinically tested to provide safe and productive stretching
- The Healthy Stretch decreases the risk of acute muscle strains and foot injuries
- Helps prevent chronic foot ailments like plantar fasciitis, flatfeet, knee, ankle, foot arthritis, diabetic forefoot ulcers, and stress fractures
- No need to worry about complicated systems, the Healthy Stretch is designed for everybody
- This is a device that you use before and after your workout, that you use bare footed to get a much deeper stretch than you could on your own
- Made of heavy-duty, durable and waterproof nylon with well padded semi-flexible covers.
- Versatile electronics accessories organiser specifically designed for well organised people.
- Three easy access mesh pockets expand to store multiple sizes of USB drive or small baby stuffs.
- Special zipper spaces for 2.5 Inch external hard drive (HDD), SSD cards, CF cards, power bank or baby diapers and etc.
- Dimension: L17.4"*W8.9"when open, about L9.5"*W4.3" after folded. Roll-up design fits in coat pocket or small space in any bag.