By ‘life ’ we mean a thing that can nourish itself and grow and decay. ~ Aristotle 384 BC to 322 BC - Scientist Philosopher
A fact acquires its true and full value only through the idea which is developed from it. - Justus von Liebig 1803 to 1873 Chemist
Mikhail Gurevich (1893–1976) Russia – MiG-series fighter aircraft including world's most produced jet aircraft MiG-15 and most produced supersonic aircraft MiG-21 (together with Artem Mikoyan).
Mulalo Doyoyo (born 1970) South Africa/USA - engineer and inventor (Cenocell - cementless concrete).
Harold P. Brown (1857–1944) USA – electrical safety equipment plastic rail bond electric contact alloy application of concrete with compressed air or steam.
Ivan Kulibin (1735–1818) Russia – egg-shaped clock candle searchlight elevator using screw mechanisms a self-rolling carriage featuring a flywheel brake gear box and bearing an early optical telegraph.
Richard F. Lyon (1952–) USA – Optical mouse.
Annie Malone (1869–1957) USA – Cosmetics for African American women.
Erna Schneider Hoover (born 1926) USA – computerized telephone switching system.
Guy Severin (1926–2008) Russia – extra-vehicular activity supporting system.
Olivia Poole (1889–1975) USA – the Jolly Jumper baby harness.
John Heysham Gibbon (1903–1973) USA – Heart-lung machine.
Cornelis Corneliszoon (1550–1607) The Netherlands – sawmill.
Alexandre Alexeieff (1901–1982) Russia/France – pinscreen animation (with his wife Claire Parker).
Heinrich Rohrer (1933–2013) together with Gerd Binnig (1947–) Switzerland/Germany – Scanning tunneling microscope.
Charles Algernon Parsons (1854–1931) British – steam turbine.
John Goffe Rand (1801–1873) USA – Tube (container).
Luigi Palmieri (1807–1896) Italy – seismometer.
Elihu Thomson (1853–1937) UK USA – Prolific inventor Arc lamp and many others.
Igor Gorynin (born 1926) Russia – weldable titanium alloys high strength aluminium alloys radiation-hardened steels.
Christopher Cockerell (1910–1999) UK – Hovercraft.
Nikolay Slavyanov (1854–1897) Russia – shielded metal arc welding.
Physics is very muddled again at the moment; it is much too hard for me anyway and I wish I were a movie comedian or something like that and had never heard anything about physics! ~ Wolfgang Pauli 1900 – 1958
We were a polite society and I expected to lead a quiet life teaching mechanics and listening to my senior colleagues gently but obliquely poking fun at one another. This dream of somnolent peace vanished very quickly when (Ernest) Rutherford came to Cambridge. Rutherford was the only person I have met who immediately impressed me as a great man. He was a big man and made a big noise and he seemed to enjoy every minute of his life. I remember that when transatlantic broadcasting first came in Rutherford told us at a dinner in Hall how he had spoken into a microphone to America and had been heard all over the continent. One of the bolder of our Fellows said: “Surely you did not need to use apparatus for that.” ~ Geoffrey Fellows 1871 to 1937
Euclid’s work ought to have been any educationist’s nightmare… it never offers any “motivations ” it has no illuminating “asides ” it does not attempt to make anything “intuitive ” and it avoids “applications” to a fault. It is so “humorless” in its mathematical purism that… …it should have been spurned by students and “progressive” teachers in every generation. But it nevertheless survived intact all the turmoils ravages and illiteracies of the dissolving Roman Empire of the early Dark Ages of the Crusades and of the plagues and famines of the later Middle Ages. ~ Salomon Bochner 1899 – 1982 - Mathematician
By ‘life ’ we mean a thing that can nourish itself and grow and decay. - Aristotle 384 BC to 322 BC Scientist Philosopher
Perhaps it is not amiss to remark that the biologist may not hope to solve the ultimate problems of life any more than the chemist and physicist may hope to penetrate the final mysteries of existence in the non-living world. ~ Edmund Beecher Wilson 1856 to 1939 - Geneticist Biologist
Although the alternate ‘wax and wane’ cycles are the rule rather than the exception in all fields of human endeavor in that of biological sciences the ‘wane’ is all too often indicative of a justified loss of faith in the rational and methodical approach that had at first raised so much hope. ~ Rita Levi-Montalcini 1909 to 2012 Neurobiologist
Macroscopic objects as we see them all around us are governed by a variety of forces derived from a variety of approximations to a variety of physical theories. In contrast the only elements in the construction of black holes are our basic concepts of space and time. They are thus almost by definition the most perfect macroscopic objects there are in the universe. ~ Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar 1910 to 1995
- Designed for a Healthy Life: Steps Counting, Find Your Phone, Camera Remote Control, Sedentary Reminder, SMS Reminding, Call Reminder, Incoming Calls Show, Calories Burned Measuring, and Sleep Management etc.
- The wristband is made of silicone, soft and skin friendly, very comfortable to wear. Using stretchy silicone material, the wearable maximum length is 7.6 inches, minimum length is 5.5 inches
- USB Connect: The whole display can be pulled out from the band and used as a USB stick. With a USB connector, it's very continent to charge the built-in battery via charger or computer
- Fit For: iPhone 4S or above (iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPhone 5S, iPhone 5C, iTouch5, iPad3, iPad4, iPad air, iPad mini etc IOS 7.0 or above system) Android 4.3 or above, Bluetooth 4.0. Not Fit For: Lenovo, TCL, Asus phone
- If you have any question with the item, please email to: firstname.lastname@example.org, we will reply within 24 hours. We offer an 30-day money-back guarantee, if the purchase has any quality defect. Please be assured the purchase
- See notifications,SMS reminding,call reminder,Incoming calls show on the OLED display.
- How to PAIR DEVICE to your phone:Download and install the VERYFIT app from Apple Store or Google Play.Open app and click on Device Icon on the bottom of screen.Tap on "Bind Device" to search then click on "Bind" to confirm once found.Device should vibrate when bound.If the app does not find the device:press on Fit-Fire until you feel it vibrate to turn on and tap on "refresh",searching device again,then bind device,your device will be paired to phone.
- First time to use,take host out of the band,plug it into a USB port to charge(If you can not see the red indicator light,pls turn the host to other side to put in) the screen will activate.Then download APP 'Veryfit For Heartrate'/Veryfit OR Veryfit 2.0(This app can not control music,but the heart rate monitor is more accurate.And it is easy to connect with device.
- USB recharged design:Rechargeable & Long-lasting battery,about 7-10 Standby time/ 4 days Using time. Please charge it before running out of battery.30 minutes charging time is enough,do not charge it overnight.
- All day tracking:step counting,distance tracking,calorie burned; Sleep monitor: Incoming call notice,remote camera,music control,find phone,lost warning,out of range alarm. 1.First times to use,please recharge it and download APP"Veryfit For Heartrate"/VeryFit 2.0 from Apple Store or Google Play; 2.Data will be refreshed after using one day . You could find previous data in the app by click the button "Details".it can save on the band one week. So you must sync to it each week.Any problem, We promise to get back to you within 24 hours
- Purchase replacement band here - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01G83K1HY
- 1) Pedometer:Record daily walking of steps and mileage. 2) Dear Friends,Please Note-Calls and SMS vibration reminders :Just for Android system mobiles,not for Apple system
- Sleep Monitor:TW64 is able to detect how long you sleep, through its health software, count up your time of deep sleep,light sleep.
- Stable charger:Unique charger guarantees that TW64 could be charging stably,even in the moving car or running ,climbling.
- The energy consumption:Calculate the daily consumption of calories and heat.