Still I had a lurking question. Would it not be better if one could really ‘see’ whether molecules as complicated as the sterols or strychnine were just as experiment suggested? ~ Dorothy Hodgkin - 1910 to 1984
Trial by combat of wits in disputations has no attraction for the seeker after truth; to him the appeal to experiment is the last and only test of the merit of an opinion conjecture or hypotheses. ~ Joseph Mellor - 1869 to 1938
Alexandru Ciurcu (1854–1922) Romania – Reaction engine.
Melitta Bentz (1873–1950) Germany – paper Coffee filter.
William Cumberland Cruikshank (1745–1800) UK – chlorinated water.
John Ambrose Fleming (1848–1945) UK – vacuum diode.
Forrest Parry (1921–2005) USA – Magnetic stripe card.
Nikolay Ivanovich Pirogov (1810–1881) Russia – early use of ether as anaesthetic first anaesthesia in a field operation various kinds of surgical operations.
Robert Swanson (1905–1994) Canada – Invented and developed the first multi-chime air horn for use with diesel locomotives.
Charles F. Brannock (1903–1992) USA – Brannock Device (shoe size).
Richard Cannon (born 1954) USA – Electrical panel lockout.
Charles H. Henry (born 1937) USA – Quantum well laser.
Yuri Trutnev (1927–) Russia – co-developer of the Tsar Bomb.
Anders Knutsson Ångström (1888–1981) Sweden – Pyranometer.
William Lee (1563–1614) UK – Stocking frame knitting machine.
Camillo Golgi (1843–1926) Italy – Golgi's method (histology).
Samuel Face (1923–2001) USA – concrete flatness/levelness technology; Lightning Switch.
Richard James Burgess (born 1949) UK – Simmons (electronic drum company) co-inventor of SDS5 drum synthesizer.
Abu-Mahmud al-Khujandi (c. 940–1000) Persia/Iran – astronomical sextant.
Roxey Ann Caplin (1793–1888) UK – Corset.
Niklaus Riggenbach (1817–1899) Switzerland – Riggenbach rack railway system Counter-pressure brake.
Nicholas Callan (1799–1864) Ireland – a.o. Induction coil.
Every aspect of the world today – even politics and international relations – is affected by chemistry. ~ Linus Pauling - 1901 to 1994
In reality a theory in natural science cannot be without experimental foundations; physics in particular comes from experimental work. ~ Samuel C. C. Ting b. 1936
What exactly is mathematics? Many have tried but nobody has really succeeded in defining mathematics; it is always something else. Roughly speaking people know that it deals with numbers figures with relations operations and that its formal procedures involving axioms proofs lemmas theorems have not changed since the time of Archimedes. ~ Stan Ulam 1909 – 1984 - Mathematician
With monads and diads and pentads and triads My brain has been addled completely; And what’s really meant by ‘something-valent ’ Is a question I give up discretely. ~ John Cargill Brough - 1834 to 1872
Archimedes’ finding that the crown was of gold was a discovery; but he invented the method of determining the density of solids. Indeed discoverers must generally be inventors; though inventors are not necessarily discoverers. - William Ramsay 1852 to 1916 Chemist
Why the dinosaurs died out is not known but it is supposed to be because they had minute brains and devoted themselves to the growth of weapons of offense in the shape of numerous horns. ~ Bertrand Russell 1872 – 1970 - Mathematician and Philosopher
I accept no principles of physics which are not also accepted in mathematics. ~ René Descartes 1596 to 1650
No movie data found
No movie data found
No movie data found
- Support for 8 devices is enabled at software setup - replaces up to 8 remotes, reducing complexity and clutter in your living room
- Bright color screen shows your channel favorite icons plus commands for easy navigation
- One-touch Activity buttons like "Watch a DVD" automatically switch the right devices to the right settings
- Compatible with 225,000+ devices from 5000+ brands, including devices you own today and add tomorrow
- Simple online setup using your PC or Mac
- VIZIO 2014 version dual side Qwerty keyboard Remote Control. with back-light
- Compatibility: VIZIO 401ia3, 401i-a3, E401ia3, E401i-a3, M321i-A2, M401i-A3, M471i-A2, M501D, M501DA2, M501D-A2, M501dA2R, M501d-A2R, M501i-A2, M551dA2, M551d-A2, M551dA2R, M551d-A2R, M551DAR2, M551D-AR2, M601DA3, M601d-A3, M651dA2, M651d-A2, M651D-A2R, M701DA3, M701d-A3, M801DA3, M801d-A3 LCD TV
- Works with Alexa for voice control
- Use your Smartphone (with available app) or included Harmony Remote for one-touch control of your entertainment system and home automation devices such as Philips Hue lights or Nest Learning Thermostat
- Companion remote includes full featured home entertainment controls including dedicated home automation controls
- Included Harmony Hub lets you control devices hidden behind cabinet doors or walls, including game consoles such as PS3, Wii, and Xbox 360
- Simple setup on computer or the available smartphone app - works with over 270,000 devices, including your TV, satellite or cable box, blu-ray player, Apple TV, Roku, Sonos, game consoles, Philips Hue lights, and more