Mexico's 34th President ruled for less than an hour and then quit.
Ancient Rome was eight times more densely populated than modern New York.
Sweden has run out of trash so it's importing garbage from Norway
There is a prison in Bolivia where inmates rent their own cells can live with their families charge tourists for tours and at one point produced almost all the cocaine in Bolivia.
Google's First Computer Storage Was Made From LEGO.
Many nursing homes in Germany have fake bus stops to collect residents with dementia who try to leave.
Malaria is thought to be responsible for the death of about half of all people who ever lived.
The word "mafia" is never mentioned in the film version of The Godfather because the actual mafia demanded it.
Rudyard Kipling living in Vermont in the 1890′s invented the game of snow golf. He would paint his golf balls red so that they could be located in the snow.
Catnip is a natural cockroach repellent.
King Henry VIII slept with a gigantic axe beside him.
The Mosque of Paris helped Jews escape the Nazis by giving them Muslim IDs during WW2.
The highest place on Earth and closest to space is Mount Chimborazo in the Andes.
The world's oldest dog died at age 29.
Since 1976 when the death penalty was reinstated by the U.S. Supreme Court 1 394 people have been executed (as of December 2014).
The chicken and fish are the only animals that are eaten before they are born and after they die.
In 2015 the 4th most powerful supercomputer in the world took 40 minutes to simulate just one second of human brain activity.
Diabetics' urine can be made into whiskey because of the urine's high sugar content.
After defeating the Persians Alexander The Great started dressing like them and took two Persian wives.
There are more than 100 types of cancers; any part of the body can be affected.
During WW2 Japan received Jewish refugees and rejected the resulting Nazi German protests.
There is a town in Newfoundland Canada called Dildo.
A crocodile can’t poke its tongue out :p
In 2003 Leonardo Da Vinci's machines were built and tested according to his original designs for a documentary. Some were successful and others proved to be impractical.
In the U.S. Google searches for "why is my poop green" peak between 5 and 6 AM while "how to roll a joint" peaks between 1 and 2 AM.
Hitler had a portrait of Henry Ford behind his desk regarding him as an "inspiration".
There is a food substitute intended to supply all daily nutritional needs known as "Soylent".
20 million 20-year-old trees are cut down in China every year to make chopsticks.
In France nearly 96% of high schools have condom vending machines.
There's an ongoing decrease in the pH of the Earth's oceans: they are 30% more acidic than in 1751.
There is a persistent storm at Lake Maracaibo Venezuela. Lightning storms occur for about 10 hours a night 140 to 160 nights a year for a total of about 1.2 million lightning discharges per year.
Steve Jobs turned down a partial liver transplant from now Apple-CEO Tim Cook 2 years before dying of cancer.
In 1989 it took Danny Elfman just two days to compose the show’s famous theme tune.
2% of couples have fallen in love in a supermarket according to a survey.
The phrase “raining cats and dogs” originated in seventeenth-century England. During heavy rainstorms, many homeless animals would drown and float down the streets, giving the appearance that it had actually rained cats and dogs.
There are 100 000 miles of blood vessels in an adult human body.
In a tradition dating to the begining of the Westminster system of government the bench in the middle of a Westminster parliarment is two and a half sword lengths long. This was so the government and oppositon couldn’t have a go at each other if it all got a bit heated
In 1989 an innocent man was punished with the death penalty in Texas because the jury confused him for another with the same name looks and height.
In 1989 Margaret Thatcher pleaded with Mikhail Gorbachev to keep the Berlin Wall up.
359 years after the Catholic Church forced Galileo Galilei to recant his theory that the Earth moves around the Sun it declared he was right in 1992.
- Alta syncs automatically and wirelessly to computers and 200+ leading iOS, Android and Windows devices using Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology. Syncing to computers requires Internet connection and USB port. Syncing to mobile devices requires Bluetooth and Internet connection. Syncing range: 20 feet
- Water Resistance: Alta is sweat, rain, splash proof. You can wear Alta in the shower, but we recommend rinsing and drying it afterwards because it's best for your skin if the band stays clean and dry. Battery life: lasts up to 5 days. Radio transceiver: Bluetooth 4.0
- We recommend charging your device every few days to ensure you are always tracking. Charge time: One to two hours
- Syncs with Windows Vista and later, Mac OS X 10.6 and up, iPhone 4S and later, iPad 3 gen. and later, and leading Android and Windows devices
- See simplified heart rate zones for quickly checking exercise intensity during workouts with PurePulse(TM) continuous, wrist-based heart rate monitoring (no uncomfortable chest strap required)
- Use multi-sport tracking to track runs, cardio, cross-training, biking and more. Effortlessly and automatically record other workouts to your dashboard with SmartTrack
- Enable connected GPS to map your routes and see run stats like pace and duration on display (when your phone is nearby)
- Track steps, distance, calories burned, floors climbed and active minutes. Stay connected with call, text & calendar alerts and notifications from your favorite apps like Gmail, Facebook and more (when phone is nearby).Start a FitStar workout on your wrist and get step-by-step instructions and graphics to ensure you complete each move correctly
- Track steps, distance, calories burned and active minutes
- See stats and time with a bright OLED tap display
- Automatically track how long and how well you sleep, and set a silent, vibrating alarm
- Personalize with interchangeable metal, leather and classic bands (sold separately)
- Get call, text and calendar notifications at a glance (when phone is nearby)