The whole secret to our success is being able to con ourselves into believing that we're going to change the world because statistically we are unlikely to do it. - Tom Peters
"I just go where my heart tells me, where my gut tells me to go, where I'm enjoying my life the most, where I feel like I can have the most success. I've truly enjoyed my experience in NASCAR, to the point that I want to do it full time." - Danica Patrick
"No one is guaranteed happiness. You can pursue it, but if you happen to find success along the way on that road to happiness, Conservatives believe you should not be demonized or penalized for it." - Glenn Beck
Before you continue, Read About…
See Opportunities—Not Challenges: Many people see challenges and freeze with fear. The successful don’t see challenges, but instead look for opportunities. Be like the successful and look for opportunities.
Seek the Help of a Financial Advisor: When you first start to invest, seek out the help of a financial advisor. The successful know that it is not possible to know everything; and that getting the advice of a professional is always a good place to start.
Shop Around for the Best Mortgage: Another thing that people who are successful in personal finance generally do is shop around for a mortgage. Instead of simply taking the first that they are offered at the first bank they go to, they test the waters with a number of different companies to try to get a lower interest rate.
Don’t Be Afraid to Stand-Up for Yourself: When it comes to contradicting your boss or a co-worker, you might decide that it is not a good idea to stand up for yourself, but instead to back-down. However, if you have good reason to believe you are right, you should stick up for yourself as long as it is reasonable and respectful. Ultimately, your co-workers and boss will respect you more for it.
Write Your Ideas And Others’ Ideas Down: Just because you’re no longer a student doesn’t mean you should stop taking notes. Next time you or someone else says something that is truly insightful or useful, jot it down as a note. In the long run, this will save you time and money, as you won’t have to waste precious time rediscovering your own and others’ insights.
Readjust Your Expectations to Make Them Reasonable: Many of us go through life with unreasonably high expectations of what we can and should achieve. Over time, we readjust our expectations, but only after spending years chasing something that ultimately ends up being a waste of time. Instead of doing this, do as the successful do and shoot high, but keep reasonable expectations.
Set Goals: This simple fact cannot be emphasized enough: one thing that separates the successful from those who have not experienced success is goals. The successful have goals; and these goals give them meaning and direction. If you’re lacking serious, meaningful goals, then you should spend some time to create them and then write them down.
Be a Self-Starter: One of the most clearly identifiable traits of successful individuals is their ability to self-start. Instead of needing to be pushed around by bosses, they take action immediately and accomplish tasks on their own. If you want to get promoted, you should also get in the habit of doing this.
Concede Important Points When They Are True: When you’re arguing with a co-worker or an employee, it is vital that you concede important points when they are true. Failing to do so will not only set a bad precedent, but it will ultimately make you appear worse than if you had humbly accepted your mistake.
Watch Video: Alpha Male – Motivational Video
(via YouTube)"Think of yourself as on the threshold of unparalleled success. A whole, clear, glorious life lies before you. Achieve! Achieve!" - Andrew Carnegie
It's fine to celebrate success but it is more important to heed the lessons of failure. - Bill Gates
The toughest thing about success is that you've got to keep on being a success. - Irving Berlin
"Be yourself. Follow your instincts. Success depends, at least in part, on the ability to 'carry it off.'" - Donald Rumsfeld
Success is not built on success. It's built on failure. It's built on frustration. Sometimes its built on catastrophe. - Sumner Redstone
"Success is hard in general for most women. We now have such busy lives, and we're told we can do everything - you know, we can have the relationship and the marriage and the kids and the career." - Cat Deeley
"In a way, a certain amount of self-criticism is a good thing, because it keeps you humble. Realizing that no matter what success you've achieved, you can still make enemies makes you humble, too." - Lynn Johnston
"Temporary success can be achieved in spite of lack of other fundamental qualities, but no advancements can be maintained without hard work." - William Feather
"The delusions of self-love cannot be prevented, but intellectual misconceptions as to the means of achieving success may be corrected." - George Henry Lewes
"Success is that old ABC - ability, breaks, and courage." - Charles Luckman
"Young man, the secret of my success is that an early age I discovered that I was not God." " - Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr."
Sometimes success comes in ways you don't expect. - Ben Barnes
Success is sweet and sweeter if long delayed and gotten through many struggles and defeats. - Amos Bronson Alcott
"Success consists in being successful, not in having potential for success. Any wide piece of ground is the potential site of a palace, but there's no palace till it's built." - Fernando Pessoa
"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein
"No man succeeds without a good woman behind him. Wife or mother, if it is both, he is twice blessed indeed." - Godfrey Winn
Train Your Brain & Solve This…
- Connectivity: Wirelessly connect and control a wide range of compatible smart devices from 40+ partner brands, including voice assistants, lights & switches, speakers, cameras, sensors and more
- Home Automation: Teach the hub your Good Morning, Goodbye, Goodnight, and other routines to automatically turn devices on or off throughout the day
- 24/7 Monitoring: Receive app alerts from connected devices when there's unexpected activity in your home.Material: Plastic
- Voice Controls: Use voice commands to control connected devices using SmartThings and the Google Assistant
- Improved DIY Solution: Improved guided onboarding for easier setup. Hub connects with Wi-Fi so does not need to be connected to an Ethernet cable
- VOICE ACTIVATED: With the Philips Hue Smart Hub, add up to 50 Philips Hue smart lights of your choice with this ZigBee-controlled hub necessary for voice control with Alexa, Apple HomeKit, or Google Assistant
- CONTROL YOUR SMART LIGHTS FROM ANYWHERE: The heart of your Philips Hue system, this hue hub also enables you to control all of your Philips Hue products via the Philips Hue app, even when you're away from home
- FULLY AUTOMATE YOUR SMART HOME: Enhance your Philips Hue system by setting timers and alarms, connecting to a variety of apps, dimming the smart lights and more (cannot be used with conventional dimmers)
- EXPAND YOUR ECOSYSTEM: Easily expand your smart lighting system with Philips Hue accessories (sold separately), such as a Hue Dimmer Switch, Hue Tap, or Hue Motion Sensor. Pair it for home automation with your existing Nest or SmartThings system. Control your hue lights by connecting the Hue Hub to your router with the included ethernet network cable. This box also includes one Philips Hue Hub, power adapter, manual, and two-year warranty for the full Philips Hue experience
- CROSS-DEVICE COMPATIBILITY: HomeKit compatible iOS 9 or later. iPhone:4, 4S, 5, 5S, 6, 6 Plus, 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs Max, iPhone Xr, iPod touch: 5th generation.Network Connectivity:Wireless A,Wireless B,Wireless G,Wireless N
- Connect your Home: The brains of the Sengled system, the hub enables you to control up to 64 Sengled Smart lights and accessories with the hub. A hub is necessary to use a voice assistant, like Alexa and Google Assistant
- Easy to Install: Connect the Sengled Smart Hub to your router using the included Ethernet cable and use the in-app guide to set up
- Home Automation: Easily extend your smart home system across every room by connecting Sengled Smart LEDs and accessories to the hub, then automate
- Voice control: Connect the hub to Alexa or Google Assistant-enabled devices and use your voice to control your Sengled Smart LEDs and accessories
- One simple app: Control all your Sengled smart devices using the Sengled Home app (iOS/Android.) Set schedules, group devices and more to control all of your home's Sengled smart products