Primates are visual animals above all and anatomical work in particular is as much pictorial as verbal. ~ Stephen Jay Gould 1941 to 2002 - Paleontologist
The country which is in advance of the rest of the world in chemistry will also be foremost in wealth and in general prosperity. ~ William Ramsay - 1852 to 1916
Nikolai Polikarpov (1892–1944) Russia – Po-series aircraft including Polikarpov Po-2 Kukuruznik (world's most produced biplane).
Paul Berg (born 1926) USA – created the first Recombinant DNA molecules.
Frank Hornby (1863–1936) UK – invented Meccano.
Royal Earl House (1814–1895) USA – first Printing telegraph.
Kary Mullis (born 1944) USA – PCR.
Ilya Ilyich Mechnikov (1845–1916) Russia – probiotics.
Gerd Binnig (born 1947) with Christoph Gerber (?–) and with Calvin Quate (born 1923) Germany/Switzerland/USA – Atomic force microscope.
Dennis Ritchie (1941–2011) USA – C (programming language).
George Antheil (1900–1959) together with Hedy Lamarr (1914–2000) USA Frequency-hopping spread spectrum.
John Blenkinsop (1783–1831) UK – Blenkinsop rack railway system.
Dawon Kahng (1931–1992) South Korea together with Simon Sze (1936–) Taiwan/USA – Floating-gate MOSFET.
Madam C.J. Walker (1867–1919) USA – beauty and hair products for African American women.
Walter Frederick Morrison (1920–2010) USA – Flying disc.
Joseph Constantine Carpue (1764–1846) France – rhinoplastic surgery.
Pavel Yablochkov (1847–1894) Russia – Yablochkov candle (first commercially viable electric carbon arc lamp).
Edwin Southern (born 1938) USA – Southern blot (molecular biology).
Zang-Hee Cho (born 1936) South Korea – co-inventor of Positron emission tomography and PET-MRI.
Gustav Tauschek (1899–1945) Austria – Drum memory.
Fedor Tokarev (1871–1968) Russia – TT-33 semiautomatic handgun and SVT-40 self-loading rifle.
Sergei Winogradsky (1856–1953) Russia / USSR – Winogradsky column for culturing microorganisms.
A theory is a supposition which we hope to be true a hypothesis is a supposition which we expect to be useful; fictions belong to the realm of art; if made to intrude elsewhere they become either make-believes or mistakes. - George Johnstone Stoney 1826 to 1911 Physicist
We were a polite society and I expected to lead a quiet life teaching mechanics and listening to my senior colleagues gently but obliquely poking fun at one another. This dream of somnolent peace vanished very quickly when (Ernest) Rutherford came to Cambridge. Rutherford was the only person I have met who immediately impressed me as a great man. He was a big man and made a big noise and he seemed to enjoy every minute of his life. I remember that when transatlantic broadcasting first came in Rutherford told us at a dinner in Hall how he had spoken into a microphone to America and had been heard all over the continent. One of the bolder of our Fellows said: “Surely you did not need to use apparatus for that.” ~ Geoffrey Fellows 1871 to 1937
We are storytelling animals and cannot bear to acknowledge the ordinariness of our daily lives. - Stephen Jay Gould 1941 to 2002 Paleontologist
We think there is color we think there is sweet we think there is bitter but in reality there are atoms and a void. ~ Democritus c. 460 – c. 370 BC
Perhaps it is not amiss to remark that the biologist may not hope to solve the ultimate problems of life any more than the chemist and physicist may hope to penetrate the final mysteries of existence in the non-living world. ~ Edmund Beecher Wilson 1856 to 1939 - Geneticist Biologist
Benjamin Franklin performed a beautiful experiment using surfactants; on a pond at Clapham Common he poured a small amount of oleic acid a natural surfactant which tends to form a dense film at the water-air interface. He measured the volume required to cover all the pond. Knowing the area he then knew the height of the film something like three nanometers in our current units. ~ Pierre-Gilles de Gennes 1932 to 2007
Botany consists in the gathering of plants and the dismembering of them in connection with the use of a complicated terminology. That is the beginning and end of botany as it is understood by the majority. ~ Herbert Maule Richards 1871 to 1928 - Botanist
- This Bundle Includes 4 Items (Non OEM): Black Soft Skin, Armband, Screen Protector, and Smart Headphone Wrap
- Durable, Precise Cutouts Give Easy Access to All the Functionalities
- Offers Tough, Durable, Transparent Surface While Keeping the LCD Screen Clean and Reduce Fingerprints
- Compatible with Sandisk Sansa Clip Sport ONLY (MP3 Player Not Included)
- See simplified heart rate zones for quickly checking exercise intensity during workouts with PurePulse(TM) continuous, wrist-based heart rate monitoring (no uncomfortable chest strap required)
- Use multi-sport tracking to track runs, cardio, cross-training, biking and more. Effortlessly and automatically record other workouts to your dashboard with SmartTrack
- Enable connected GPS to map your routes and see run stats like pace and duration on display (when your phone is nearby)
- Track steps, distance, calories burned, floors climbed and active minutes. Stay connected with call, text & calendar alerts and notifications from your favorite apps like Gmail, Facebook and more (when phone is nearby).Start a FitStar workout on your wrist and get step-by-step instructions and graphics to ensure you complete each move correctly
- TRUE HD HIGH FIDELITY SOUND Featuring latest Bluetooth 4.1 CSR technology and state of the art acoustic components that produce incredible sound quality with deep bass and crystal clear treble.
- COMFORTABLE AND SECURE FIT WITH IPX-7 WATERPROOF RATING - ActivBuds feature Ergonomically designed flexible ear hooks with gel flex silicone earbuds to ensure your headphones stay comfortably firm in place to guarantee fatigue free ears and tangle free comfort.
- LONGEST BATTERY LIFE - The new and improved lithium polymer battery allows seamless enjoyment of music for up to 8 hours and 240 hours stand-by with a quick charge of only 1.5 hours.
- BLUETOOTH V4.1 WIRELESS TECHNOLOGY WITH CVC 6.0 NOISE SUPPRESSION TECHNOLOGY - Connect seamlessly with all Bluetooth enabled devices up to 30 feet away. With Noise Suppression technology focus on your favorite music and answer calls without skips or missed words.
- 1 YEAR WARRANTY AND BONUS ITEMS - Bonus Accessories with 1-Year Manufacturer's Warranty and 30 days no-questions-asked return policy. Value for money guaranteed, Buy the Senso ActiveBuds worry free today.