Phrases in English such as "long time no see" "no go" and "no can do" come from literal translations of Chinese phrases.
A cheetahs lifespan is up to 12 years in the wild.
You cannot snore and dream at the same time.
2 million German women aged 13-70 were allegedly raped by the Red Army on WW2.
Goldfish don't have stomachs and should therefore be fed easily digestible food in lots of small feeding sessions.
Around 50% of Justin Bieber's followers on Twitter are fake a report found.
Camel’s milk does not curdle.
Bird droppings are chief export of Nauru an island nation in the Western Pacific.
The house fly hums in the middle octave key of F.
Smartphone users check Facebook 14 times a day.
Google hired a camel to create the Street View of a desert.
By 1850 American slaves were worth US$1.3 billion one-fifth of the nation's wealth.
Warren Beatty and Shirley MacLaine are brother and sister.
Alaska has a sand desert with dunes over 150 feet (45 m) high.
A biological reserve has been made for golden toads because they are so rare.
The Statue Of Liberty Was Inspired By The Roman Pagan Goddess Libertas.
Similar to fingerprints everyone also has a Unique Tongue Print.
Apple's iPhone consumes US$0.25 worth of electricity per year if it's fully charged once a day.
If you try to suppress a sneeze you can rupture a blood vessel in your head or neck and die.
The giant red star Betelgeuse has a diameter larger than that of the Earth’s orbit around the sun.
There are no words in the dictionary that rhyme with: orange purple and silver!
Canada consumes more macaroni and cheese than any other nation in the world.
In Alaska it is illegal to whisper in someone’s ear while they’re moose hunting.
Giraffes can go longer without drinking water than camels can.
Humans can live unprotected in space for about 30 seconds if they don't hold their breath.
The airplane Buddy Holly died in was the “American Pie” (Thus the name of the Don McLean song).
Animals including pigs horses and even insects could be tried and convicted of crimes for several centuries across many parts of Europe.
Young elephants pandas koalas and hippos eat the feces of their mothers.
By raising your legs slowly and lying on your back you cannot sink into quicksand.
Humans can inflate balloons with their ears.
Cows moo in accents specific to their region just like humans.
Nelson Mandela has a cameo in the 1992 movie "Malcolm X" as a teacher reciting one of the civil rights activist's speeches.
There are approximately3.04 trillion trees on earth.
Marijuana has been legal for personal use in Alaska since 1975 and it's still legal today.
Christian Atheists believe in the teachings of Christ but not that they were divinely inspired. They see Jesus as a humanitarian and philosopher rather than the "son of God."
"Pistanthrophobia" is the fear of trusting people due to bad past experiences.
Concentration camps were first used by the British during the Second Anglo-Boer War.
If we could capture just 0.1% of the ocean's kinetic energy caused by tides we could satisfy the current global energy demand 5 times over.
File-sharing is an official religion in Sweden. It holds CTRL+C and CTRL+V as sacred symbols.
Government officials in Lionel Messi's hometown in Argentina have banned parents from naming their children "Messi."
- Alta syncs automatically and wirelessly to computers and 200+ leading iOS, Android and Windows devices using Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology. Syncing to computers requires Internet connection and USB port. Syncing to mobile devices requires Bluetooth and Internet connection. Syncing range: 20 feet
- Water Resistance: Alta is sweat, rain, splash proof. You can wear Alta in the shower, but we recommend rinsing and drying it afterwards because it's best for your skin if the band stays clean and dry. Battery life: lasts up to 5 days. Radio transceiver: Bluetooth 4.0
- We recommend charging your device every few days to ensure you are always tracking. Charge time: One to two hours
- Syncs with Windows Vista and later, Mac OS X 10.6 and up, iPhone 4S and later, iPad 3 gen. and later, and leading Android and Windows devices
- See simplified heart rate zones for quickly checking exercise intensity during workouts with PurePulse(TM) continuous, wrist-based heart rate monitoring (no uncomfortable chest strap required)
- Use multi-sport tracking to track runs, cardio, cross-training, biking and more. Effortlessly and automatically record other workouts to your dashboard with SmartTrack
- Enable connected GPS to map your routes and see run stats like pace and duration on display (when your phone is nearby)
- Track steps, distance, calories burned, floors climbed and active minutes. Stay connected with call, text & calendar alerts and notifications from your favorite apps like Gmail, Facebook and more (when phone is nearby).Start a FitStar workout on your wrist and get step-by-step instructions and graphics to ensure you complete each move correctly
- Track steps, distance, calories burned and active minutes
- See stats and time with a bright OLED tap display
- Automatically track how long and how well you sleep, and set a silent, vibrating alarm
- Personalize with interchangeable metal, leather and classic bands (sold separately)
- Get call, text and calendar notifications at a glance (when phone is nearby)