823 same-sex couples were married in New York City on the first day that same-sex marriage was legal state-wide.
It used to be against the law to have a pet dog in Iceland.
Humans can live unprotected in space for about 30 seconds if they don't hold their breath.
The cigarette lighter was invented before the match.
It’s impossible to sneeze with your eyes open.
Your brain generates 25 watts of power while you’re awake. This amount of energy is enough to illuminate a lightbulb.
Robert Oppenheimer "the father of the atomic bomb " tried to kill his university tutor with a poisoned apple.
Alexander the Great washed his hair in saffron to keep it shiny and orange.
Qatar's 2022 World Cup will take more lives than 9/11 due to horrible working conditions for migrant workers building stadiums and infrastructure.
Butterflies and insects have their skeletons on the outside of their bodies called the exoskeleton. This protects the insect and keeps water inside their bodies so they don’t dry out.
There are 10 times more bacterial cells in your body than body cells.
A shark can detect one part of blood in 100 million parts of water.
A dog’s shoulder blades are unattached to the rest of the skeleton to allow greater flexibility for running.
Norwegian scientists have hypothesized that Rudolph’s red nose is probably the result of a parasitic infection of his respiratory system.
The average salary in Cuba in 2013 was 471 pesos or US$20 a month.
Washing dishes by hand use almost 7 times the amount of water as a modern dishwasher.
Devon is the only county in Great Britain to have two coasts.
If the U.S. can raise its 34.5% recycling rate to 75% it will be the CO2 equivalent of removing 50 million cars from the road.
A steady stream of minor accomplishments makes you more satisfied with your life than a few major accomplishments.
The bonobo monkeys use sex (and/or sexual favors) to placate members of their social group instead of grooming. They are one of the few species of animals (humans being another) that have sex out of season and for fun.
Titanic II will be a close replica of the Titanic and is set to sail in 2018.
There's a museum in Russia that hires cats to protect its artworks against rodents.
Only one-half of a dolphin's brain goes to sleep at a time.
More Monopoly Money is printed every year than Real money.
Beer is claimed to help prevent cardiac disease and cognitive decline.
No movie data found
No movie data found
Smoking makes breasts sag faster than normal by breaking down a protein in the skin called elastin which gives youthful skin its elastic appearance and supports the breast.
Butterflies have their skeletons on the outside of their bodies, this is known as the exoskeleton.
Humans share 50% of their DNA with bananas.
China has 4 megacities of over 10 million people the most of any country.
On April Fool's day of 2007 Google sent an e-mail out to its employees warning that a python was loose in the facilities. It wasn't a joke.
Marco Hort has the world record for fitting 264 straws in his mouth at once!
In Germany it is illegal to run out of fuel on highways.
There are more donut shops in Canada per capita than any other country.
There is a city called Rome on every continent.
A woman can get pregnant while she is already pregnant.
Toilets were found in many ancient Egyptian tombs.
All female bees in a given hive are sisters.
Teddy bears were named after U.S. President Theodore 'Teddy' Roosevelt.
You have a better chance of getting accepted to Harvard University than getting a job at the Apple Store.
In 2011 Twitter users tweeted the equivalent of 8 163 copies of "War and Peace" every day.
- Alta syncs automatically and wirelessly to computers and 200+ leading iOS, Android and Windows devices using Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology. Syncing to computers requires Internet connection and USB port. Syncing to mobile devices requires Bluetooth and Internet connection. Syncing range: 20 feet
- Water Resistance: Alta is sweat, rain, splash proof. You can wear Alta in the shower, but we recommend rinsing and drying it afterwards because it's best for your skin if the band stays clean and dry. Battery life: lasts up to 5 days. Radio transceiver: Bluetooth 4.0
- We recommend charging your device every few days to ensure you are always tracking. Charge time: One to two hours
- Syncs with Windows Vista and later, Mac OS X 10.6 and up, iPhone 4S and later, iPad 3 gen. and later, and leading Android and Windows devices
- See simplified heart rate zones for quickly checking exercise intensity during workouts with PurePulse(TM) continuous, wrist-based heart rate monitoring (no uncomfortable chest strap required)
- Use multi-sport tracking to track runs, cardio, cross-training, biking and more. Effortlessly and automatically record other workouts to your dashboard with SmartTrack
- Enable connected GPS to map your routes and see run stats like pace and duration on display (when your phone is nearby)
- Track steps, distance, calories burned, floors climbed and active minutes. Stay connected with call, text & calendar alerts and notifications from your favorite apps like Gmail, Facebook and more (when phone is nearby).Start a FitStar workout on your wrist and get step-by-step instructions and graphics to ensure you complete each move correctly
- Track steps, distance, calories burned and active minutes
- See stats and time with a bright OLED tap display
- Automatically track how long and how well you sleep, and set a silent, vibrating alarm
- Personalize with interchangeable metal, leather and classic bands (sold separately)
- Get call, text and calendar notifications at a glance (when phone is nearby)