China has treatment camps for Internet addicts.
The average American eats 25 pounds (11.3 KG) of candy each year.
Orcas (killer whales) kill sharks by torpedoing up into the shark’s stomach from underneath causing the shark to explode.
McDonald's makes about US$75 million per day.
You are more likely to die as a drug dealer in Chicago than as a death row inmate in Texas.
80% of all marriages in history were between second cousins or closer.
California has built 23 prisons since 1980. In the same period the University of California system has opened just one new campus.
It's illegal for drug companies to advertise directly to consumers almost everywhere in the world except in the U.S. and New Zealand.
The average dog is as intelligent as a two-year-old child.
The longest common English word without vowels is "rhythms".
Lincoln's assassin was a famous actor and Lincoln himself was a fan of him.
British soldiers in WW1 had a tea ration of six pints a day.
If you attempted to count the stars in a galaxy at a rate of one every second it would take around 3 000 years to count them all.
The Nullarbor Plain of Australia covers 100 000 square miles (160 900 km) without a tree.
Einstein was a slow learner as a child and spoke very slowly.
The company that created Zyklon B the gas that was used to kill millions of Jews in the Holocaust still exists as a pest control company.
The farthest distance from Earth an astronaut has ever traveled was during the Apollo 13 emergency.
Only 5 to 10 percent of cheetah cubs make it to adulthood.
51%of Britons have never had a one-night stand.
Some people say that when the black bands on the Woolybear caterpillar are wide a cold winter is coming.
A rhinoceros horn is made of compacted hair.
In the 50s North Korea built Kijong-dong a “nice” city visible from the border to encourage South Koreans in. It's actually a ghost city.
Benjamin Franklin invented the bifocals eyeglasses in 1784.
Only about 15% of the Sahara Desert is covered in sand.
Fortune cookies are not a traditional Chinese custom. They were invented in early 1900 in San Francisco.
In 1895 Hampshire police handed out the first ever speeding ticket, fining a man for doing 6mph!
Swearing on the Bible is forbidden by the Bible.
The southernmost active volcano on Earth is in Antarctica. It spews crystals and is very close to the U.S. Research Center.
France is the most visited country in the world: 83 million tourists in 2012.
Established writers and artists are 18 times more likely to commit suicide than the general population.
King John I of France was proclaimed king five months before he was born. He only lived for five days.
Recycling aluminium saves 95% of the energy cost of processing new aluminium.
Chocolate can sicken and even kill dogs.
If New York City were its own country and the NYPD was its army it would be the 20-best-funded army in the world.
In the Netherlands there are dozens of public facilities where you can bring recreational drugs including marijuana cocaine and ecstasy to test if they are safe.
Britain’s shortest river is the Brun which runs through Burnley in Lancashire.
Licence plates in the Canadian Northwest Territories are shaped like polar bears.
Iran's largest airport had a Star of David embedded into its roof for 30 years until it was discovered through Google Earth.
Kate Middleton is credited with boosting the UK economy by £1 billion in 2012.
The richest 1% of the population owns 48% of the world's wealth.
- Alta syncs automatically and wirelessly to computers and 200+ leading iOS, Android and Windows devices using Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology. Syncing to computers requires Internet connection and USB port. Syncing to mobile devices requires Bluetooth and Internet connection. Syncing range: 20 feet
- Water Resistance: Alta is sweat, rain, splash proof. You can wear Alta in the shower, but we recommend rinsing and drying it afterwards because it's best for your skin if the band stays clean and dry. Battery life: lasts up to 5 days. Radio transceiver: Bluetooth 4.0
- We recommend charging your device every few days to ensure you are always tracking. Charge time: One to two hours
- Syncs with Windows Vista and later, Mac OS X 10.6 and up, iPhone 4S and later, iPad 3 gen. and later, and leading Android and Windows devices
- See simplified heart rate zones for quickly checking exercise intensity during workouts with PurePulse(TM) continuous, wrist-based heart rate monitoring (no uncomfortable chest strap required)
- Use multi-sport tracking to track runs, cardio, cross-training, biking and more. Effortlessly and automatically record other workouts to your dashboard with SmartTrack
- Enable connected GPS to map your routes and see run stats like pace and duration on display (when your phone is nearby)
- Track steps, distance, calories burned, floors climbed and active minutes. Stay connected with call, text & calendar alerts and notifications from your favorite apps like Gmail, Facebook and more (when phone is nearby).Start a FitStar workout on your wrist and get step-by-step instructions and graphics to ensure you complete each move correctly
- Track steps, distance, calories burned and active minutes
- See stats and time with a bright OLED tap display
- Automatically track how long and how well you sleep, and set a silent, vibrating alarm
- Personalize with interchangeable metal, leather and classic bands (sold separately)
- Get call, text and calendar notifications at a glance (when phone is nearby)