The six official languages of the United Nations are: English French Arabic Chinese Russian and Spanish.
The Blue-ringed octopus is one of the world's most venomous marine animals: it can kill you in one bite there is no antivenom.
Facebook has 95 million users in China despite being blocked.
The hammerthrow is illegal as a high school sport in all states except Rhode Island.
In 2012 Nevada became the first state to issue licenses for self-driving cars.
In the 17th century the value of pi was known to 35 decimal places. Today to 1.2411 trillion.
The top butterfly flight speed is 12 miles per hour. Some moths can fly 25 miles per hour!
Koalas are excellent swimmers.
A Giraffe's legs alone are taller than most humans: about 6 feet (1.81 m).
A priest on the Titanic refused to board a lifeboat twice. Instead he stayed behind to hear confessions and give absolution to the people left on the ship.
A line of descendants of Aztec Emperor Moctezuma II was brought to Spain and became part of the Spanish nobility holding the title of "Duke of Moctezuma de Tultengo."
India is expected to be the world's most populous country by 2050. With 1.6 billion people it will almost equal the U.S. and China's population combined.
Tanzania Africa has one of the world's highest rates of Albinism. Albinos are often hunted by witch doctors to make potions.
British people say "Happy Christmas" because in the 19th century the word "merry" also meant "intoxicated" so they wanted to separate it from public insobriety.
Rooster is simply a male chicken.
23%rose the cost of living in NYC in just five years: from 2009 to 2014.
A blind chameleon still changes colors to match his environment.
Paul McCartney recorded an ultrasonic whistle audible only to dogs at the end of "A Day in the Life".
The lifespan of a squirrel is about nine years.
In the Caribbean there are oysters that can climb trees.
Chevrolet tried marketing a Chevrolet Nova in Spanish speaking countries – it didn’t sell well because NOVA means “doesn’t go” in Spanish.
Alligators cannot move backwards.
In 10 minutes a hurricane releases more energy than all the world’s nuclear weapons combined.
In 1999 the U.S. government paid the Zapruder family US$16 million for the film of JFK's assassination.
A lion’s roar can be heard from five miles away.
The world's oldest existing lighthouse is the Tower of Hercules in Spain erected in the first century and still operational.
You share your birthday with at least 9 million other people in the world.
The female goat is called a “doe” or “nanny”.
Carat weight can be 10 12 14 18 22 or 24. The higher the number the greater the purity.
1 IN 8 American workers has been employed by McDonald's.
The first Canadian casualties of the Afghanistan war were from an American pilot bombing a training exercise.
Men are less promiscuous when women are scarce.
Mail-order marriages are less likely to end in divorce than marriages overall in the U.S. a study found.
Recycling one ton of paper saves 17 trees.
88%of Facebook users 'creep' ex-partners following a breakup a study found.
If you live in the U.S. you're never more than 115 miles (185 KM) away from a McDonald's.
Sleeping less than 7 hours each night reduces your life expectancy.
The Aztecs used Cacao seeds as a form of currency.
One million stray dogs and 500,000 stray cats live in New York City metropolitan area.
Britain accidentally invaded Spain in 2002. About 20 Royal Marines disembarked in Spain instead of Gibraltar for 5 minutes until the error was recognised and they all withdrew.
- Alta syncs automatically and wirelessly to computers and 200+ leading iOS, Android and Windows devices using Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology. Syncing to computers requires Internet connection and USB port. Syncing to mobile devices requires Bluetooth and Internet connection. Syncing range: 20 feet
- Water Resistance: Alta is sweat, rain, splash proof. You can wear Alta in the shower, but we recommend rinsing and drying it afterwards because it's best for your skin if the band stays clean and dry. Battery life: lasts up to 5 days. Radio transceiver: Bluetooth 4.0
- We recommend charging your device every few days to ensure you are always tracking. Charge time: One to two hours
- Syncs with Windows Vista and later, Mac OS X 10.6 and up, iPhone 4S and later, iPad 3 gen. and later, and leading Android and Windows devices
- See simplified heart rate zones for quickly checking exercise intensity during workouts with PurePulse(TM) continuous, wrist-based heart rate monitoring (no uncomfortable chest strap required)
- Use multi-sport tracking to track runs, cardio, cross-training, biking and more. Effortlessly and automatically record other workouts to your dashboard with SmartTrack
- Enable connected GPS to map your routes and see run stats like pace and duration on display (when your phone is nearby)
- Track steps, distance, calories burned, floors climbed and active minutes. Stay connected with call, text & calendar alerts and notifications from your favorite apps like Gmail, Facebook and more (when phone is nearby).Start a FitStar workout on your wrist and get step-by-step instructions and graphics to ensure you complete each move correctly
- Track steps, distance, calories burned and active minutes
- See stats and time with a bright OLED tap display
- Automatically track how long and how well you sleep, and set a silent, vibrating alarm
- Personalize with interchangeable metal, leather and classic bands (sold separately)
- Get call, text and calendar notifications at a glance (when phone is nearby)