I think it would be quite wrong to suggest that my colleagues have rejected me or that I reject them. Quite the reverse. It’s only a small vociferous group – mainly biologists I’m sorry to say – that go beyond ordinary scientific criticism and start becoming personal. ~ James Lovelock 1919 – present - Gaia Theorist Inventor Scientific Polymath
I am not insensible of the advantage which accrues to Applied Mathematics from the co-operation of the Pure Mathematician and this co-operation is not infrequently called forth by the very imperfections of writers on Applied Mathematics. ~ Ronald Fisher 1890 – 1962 - Mathematician Statistician Evolutionary Biologist
Antoine Louis (1723–1792) France – Guillotine.
Semyon Lavochkin (1900–1960) Russia – La-series aircraft first operational surface-to-air missile S-25 Berkut.
John McAdam (1756–1836) Scotland – improved "macadam" road surface.
Dmitry Lachinov (1842–1902) Russia – mercury pump economizer for electricity consumption electrical insulation tester optical dynamometer photometer elecrolyser.
Michael Faraday (1791–1867) UK – electric transformer electric motor.
Montgolfier brothers (1740–1810) and (1745–1799) France – hot air balloon.
Carl Linnaeus (1707–1778) Sweden – formal Binomial nomenclature for living organisms Horologium Florae.
Vera Mukhina (1889–1953) Russia – welded sculpture.
Aleksandr Makarov Russia/Germany – Orbitrap mass spectrometer.
Mikhail Britnev (1822–1889) Russia – first metal-hull icebreaker (Pilot).
Archibald Low (1882–1956) Britain – Pioneer of radio guidance systems.
Sandford Fleming (1827–1915) Canada – Universal Standard Time.
Henry John Horstman Fenton (1854–1929) UK – Fenton's reagent (chemistry).
Alexander Procofieff de Seversky (1894–1974) Russia/United States of America – first gyroscopically stabilized bombsight ionocraft also developed air-to-air refueling.
Nicolas-Joseph Cugnot (1725–1804) France – first steam-powered road vehicle.
Erhard Kietz (1909–1982) Germany & USA. – signal improvements for video transmissions.
Seiichi Miyake (inv. 1965) Japan – Tactile paving.
Edwin H. Land (1909–1991) USA – Polaroid polarizing filters and the Land Camera.
Maurice Hilleman (1919–2005) – vaccines against childhood diseases.
Claude Chappe (1763–1805) France – Semaphore line.
I am busy just now again on electro-magnetism and I think I may have got hold of a good thing. ~ Michael Faraday 1791 – 1867
Although Nature needs thousands or millions of years to create a new species man needs only a few dozen years to destroy one. ~ Victor Scheffer 1906 to 2011 - Biologist
Everything that human beings or living animals do is done by protein molecules. And therefore the kind of proteins that one has and therefore the ability one has is determined by the genes that one has. ~ Har Gobind Khorana 1922 – 2011 - Molecular Biologist
There may be babblers wholly ignorant of mathematics who dare to condemn my hypothesis upon the authority of some part of the Bible twisted to suit their purpose. I value them not and scorn their unfounded judgment. ~ Nicolaus Copernicus 1473 – 1543 Mathematician and Astronomer
Botany consists in the gathering of plants and the dismembering of them in connection with the use of a complicated terminology. That is the beginning and end of botany as it is understood by the majority. ~ Herbert Maule Richards 1871 to 1928 - Botanist
Trial by combat of wits in disputations has no attraction for the seeker after truth; to him the appeal to experiment is the last and only test of the merit of an opinion conjecture or hypotheses. ~ Joseph Mellor - 1869 to 1938
God created two acts of folly. First He created the Universe in a Big Bang. Second He was negligent enough to leave behind evidence for this act in the form of microwave radiation. - Paul Erdős 1913 to 1996 Mathematician
- Stimulates the pumping action of exercise and has multiple massage sessions.
- Pamper calves, ankles and feet
- Calms tired legs and soothes muscle fatigue
- Item size: Leg 15", Foot 11.5", and Thigh 27" x 9.5"
- Designed by a world-renowned Orthopedic Surgeon, the Healthy Stretch has been clinically tested to provide safe and productive stretching
- The Healthy Stretch decreases the risk of acute muscle strains and foot injuries
- Helps prevent chronic foot ailments like plantar fasciitis, flatfeet, knee, ankle, foot arthritis, diabetic forefoot ulcers, and stress fractures
- No need to worry about complicated systems, the Healthy Stretch is designed for everybody
- This is a device that you use before and after your workout, that you use bare footed to get a much deeper stretch than you could on your own
- Made of heavy-duty, durable and waterproof nylon with well padded semi-flexible covers.
- Versatile electronics accessories organiser specifically designed for well organised people.
- Three easy access mesh pockets expand to store multiple sizes of USB drive or small baby stuffs.
- Special zipper spaces for 2.5 Inch external hard drive (HDD), SSD cards, CF cards, power bank or baby diapers and etc.
- Dimension: L17.4"*W8.9"when open, about L9.5"*W4.3" after folded. Roll-up design fits in coat pocket or small space in any bag.