Science is the acceptance of what works and the rejection of what does not. That needs more courage than we might think. - Jacob Bronowski 1908 to 1974 Mathematician Biologist
Physicists being in no way different from the rest of the population have short memories for what is inconvenient. ~ Anthony Standen 1907 – 1993
Jimmy Wales (born 1966) together with Larry Sanger (1968–) USA – Wikipedia.
Niels Christensen (1865–1952) USA – O-ring.
Zang-Hee Cho (born 1936) South Korea – co-inventor of Positron emission tomography and PET-MRI.
Dennis Ritchie (1941–2011) USA – C (programming language).
György Gömöri (1904–1957) Hungary / USA– Gömöri trichrome stain Gömöri methenamine silver stain (histology).
John Bardeen (1908–1991) USA – co-inventor of the transistor.
William Murdoch (1754–1839) Scotland – Gas lighting.
Samuel Morse (1791–1872) USA – telegraph early Morse code see also Morse Code controversy.
Simon Sunatori (born 1959) Canada – inventor of MagneScribe and Magic Spicer.
Genrich Altshuller (1926–1998) Russia – TRIZ ("The Theory of Solving Inventor's Problems").
Ole Kirk Christiansen (1891–1958) Denmark – creator of LEGO.
Adolf von Baeyer (1835–1917) Germany – a.o. Fluorescein synthetic Indigo dye Phenolphthalein.
Andreas Stihl (1896–1973) Switzerland/Germany – Electric chain saw.
Gyula Takátsy (1914–1980) Hungary – first Microtiter plate.
Vasily Andreyev (1861–1918) Russia – standard balalaika.
Albert Hofmann (1906–2008) Switzerland – LSD.
C. W. Fuller (inv. 1953) USA – Gilhoolie.
Willard Boyle (1924–2011) together with George E. Smith (1930–) USA – Charge-coupled device (CCD).
James McLurkin (born 1972) USA – Ant robotics (robotics).
Gregory Goodwin Pincus (1903–1967) together with Min Chueh Chang (1908–1991) USA/China – Combined oral contraceptive pill.
Suppose we have an unknown number of objects. When counted in threes 2 are left over when counted in fives 3 are left over and when counted in sevens 2 are left over. How many objects are there? ~ Sunzi The Mathematical Classic of Sunzi - Chinese mathematics problem from c. 450 AD
The ultimate truths of mathematics then cannot be established by any experimental proof that the deductions from them are true; since the supposed experimental proof takes them for granted. ~ Herbert Spencer 1885 – 1977 - Philospher
In reality a theory in natural science cannot be without experimental foundations; physics in particular comes from experimental work. ~ Samuel C. C. Ting b. 1936
It is thus probable that germs of the lowest organisms known to us are continually being carried away from the earth and the other planets upon which they exist. As seeds in general so most of these spores thus carried away will no doubt meet death in the cold infinite space of the universe. Yet a small number of spores will fall on some other world and may there be able to spread life if conditions be suitable. ~ Svante Arrhenius 1859 to 1927 - Physical Chemist
Archimedes’ finding that the crown was of gold was a discovery; but he invented the method of determining the density of solids. Indeed discoverers must generally be inventors; though inventors are not necessarily discoverers. - William Ramsay 1852 to 1916 Chemist
Progress is made by trial and failure; the failures are generally a hundred times more numerous than the successes ; yet they are usually left unchronicled. - William Ramsay 1852 to 1916 Chemist
The finding of the double helix thus brought us not only joy but great relief. It was unbelievably interesting and immediately allowed us to make a serious proposal for the mechanism of gene duplication. ~ James Watson 1928 – Present - Geneticist
- Connectivity: Wirelessly connect and control a wide range of compatible smart devices from 40+ partner brands, including voice assistants, lights & switches, speakers, cameras, sensors and more
- Home Automation: Teach the hub your Good Morning, Goodbye, Goodnight, and other routines to automatically turn devices on or off throughout the day
- 24/7 Monitoring: Receive app alerts from connected devices when there's unexpected activity in your home.Material: Plastic
- Voice Controls: Use voice commands to control connected devices using SmartThings and the Google Assistant
- Improved DIY Solution: Improved guided onboarding for easier setup. Hub connects with Wi-Fi so does not need to be connected to an Ethernet cable
- VOICE ACTIVATED: With the Philips Hue Smart Hub, add up to 50 Philips Hue smart lights of your choice with this ZigBee-controlled hub necessary for voice control with Alexa, Apple HomeKit, or Google Assistant
- CONTROL YOUR SMART LIGHTS FROM ANYWHERE: The heart of your Philips Hue system, this hue hub also enables you to control all of your Philips Hue products via the Philips Hue app, even when you're away from home
- FULLY AUTOMATE YOUR SMART HOME: Enhance your Philips Hue system by setting timers and alarms, connecting to a variety of apps, dimming the smart lights and more (cannot be used with conventional dimmers)
- EXPAND YOUR ECOSYSTEM: Easily expand your smart lighting system with Philips Hue accessories (sold separately), such as a Hue Dimmer Switch, Hue Tap, or Hue Motion Sensor. Pair it for home automation with your existing Nest or SmartThings system. Control your hue lights by connecting the Hue Hub to your router with the included ethernet network cable. This box also includes one Philips Hue Hub, power adapter, manual, and two-year warranty for the full Philips Hue experience
- CROSS-DEVICE COMPATIBILITY: HomeKit compatible iOS 9 or later. iPhone:4, 4S, 5, 5S, 6, 6 Plus, 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs Max, iPhone Xr, iPod touch: 5th generation.Network Connectivity:Wireless A,Wireless B,Wireless G,Wireless N
- Connect your Home: The brains of the Sengled system, the hub enables you to control up to 64 Sengled Smart lights and accessories with the hub. A hub is necessary to use a voice assistant, like Alexa and Google Assistant
- Easy to Install: Connect the Sengled Smart Hub to your router using the included Ethernet cable and use the in-app guide to set up
- Home Automation: Easily extend your smart home system across every room by connecting Sengled Smart LEDs and accessories to the hub, then automate
- Voice control: Connect the hub to Alexa or Google Assistant-enabled devices and use your voice to control your Sengled Smart LEDs and accessories
- One simple app: Control all your Sengled smart devices using the Sengled Home app (iOS/Android.) Set schedules, group devices and more to control all of your home's Sengled smart products