Charles Richter who invented the Richter Scale was a nudist.
The boomslang snake's venom causes you to bleed from all holes of your body.
Einstein was offered the presidency of Israel which he politely declined.
Dr. Ruth the famous sex therapist was once a sniper in the Israeli army.
Horatio Nelson one of England’s most illustrious admirals was throughout his life never able to find a cure for his sea-sickness.
Shorter women have shorter pregnancies a study found.
There's a bar in Ireland that opened in the year 900 A.D. and is still operational. It's called "Sean's Bar".
The giraffe's feet are the size of a dinner plate 12 inches (30.5cm) across.
Over 1000 birds a year die from smashing into windows.
Cher’s last name was “Sarkissian.” She changed it because no one could pronounce it.
Humans can inflate balloons with their ears.
Hitler's plan for Moscow was to kill all its residents and cover it with an artificial lake.
Smoking causes 1 in every 5 deaths in the U.S. every year.
20% of office coffee mugs contain fecal bacteria.
There's a laser procedure to change one's eye color from brown to blue as blue eyes exist under all brown eyes.
44%of registered Twitter users have never tweeted.
If you keep a goldfish in a dark room it will lose its color.
An enneahedron is solid with nine faces.
The time traveling machine in the movie "Back to the Future" was originally supposed to be a refrigerator.
It's impossible to sneeze while sleeping.
Cows emit more methane than the oil industry and are a huge factor in global warming.
Just 7% of people in China are religious making it the least religious country in world. Thailand has the most with 94%.
Every 13 minutes a woman dies from breast cancer in the U.S.
The surface of the Earth is about 60% water and 10% ice.
Harry Potter books were translated from British to American English.
Salt Lake City has a law against carrying an unwrapped ukulele on the street.
The chicken and fish are the only animals that are eaten before they are born and after they die.
More U.S. soldiers committed suicide than died in combat in 2012.
Coffee is most effective if consumed between 9:30 am and 11:30 am.
It is believed Russia has at least 15 secret cities with their names and locations unknown.
It would take 1 200 000 mosquitoes each sucking once to completely drain the average human of blood.
Martin Luther King Jr. was the youngest person to ever win the Nobel Peace Prize.
In 1818 the argentine pirate Hippolyte Bouchard attacked Monterey California. After an hour of combat Argentina's flag flew over it.
The French government gives medals to citizens who have "successfully raised several children with dignity."
During it’s lifetime an oyster changes its sex from male to female and back several times.
North Korea has its own operating system called Red Star OS.
The Incas revered the coca plant as being sacred or magical.
Richard Johnson the 9th Vice-President of the U.S. openly treated an African-American woman as his wife although legally she was his slave.
It is impossible to sneeze with your eyes open
If you feed a seagull Alka-Seltzer its stomach will explode.
- Alta syncs automatically and wirelessly to computers and 200+ leading iOS, Android and Windows devices using Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology. Syncing to computers requires Internet connection and USB port. Syncing to mobile devices requires Bluetooth and Internet connection. Syncing range: 20 feet
- Water Resistance: Alta is sweat, rain, splash proof. You can wear Alta in the shower, but we recommend rinsing and drying it afterwards because it's best for your skin if the band stays clean and dry. Battery life: lasts up to 5 days. Radio transceiver: Bluetooth 4.0
- We recommend charging your device every few days to ensure you are always tracking. Charge time: One to two hours
- Syncs with Windows Vista and later, Mac OS X 10.6 and up, iPhone 4S and later, iPad 3 gen. and later, and leading Android and Windows devices
- See simplified heart rate zones for quickly checking exercise intensity during workouts with PurePulse(TM) continuous, wrist-based heart rate monitoring (no uncomfortable chest strap required)
- Use multi-sport tracking to track runs, cardio, cross-training, biking and more. Effortlessly and automatically record other workouts to your dashboard with SmartTrack
- Enable connected GPS to map your routes and see run stats like pace and duration on display (when your phone is nearby)
- Track steps, distance, calories burned, floors climbed and active minutes. Stay connected with call, text & calendar alerts and notifications from your favorite apps like Gmail, Facebook and more (when phone is nearby).Start a FitStar workout on your wrist and get step-by-step instructions and graphics to ensure you complete each move correctly
- Track steps, distance, calories burned and active minutes
- See stats and time with a bright OLED tap display
- Automatically track how long and how well you sleep, and set a silent, vibrating alarm
- Personalize with interchangeable metal, leather and classic bands (sold separately)
- Get call, text and calendar notifications at a glance (when phone is nearby)