Half of your genes describe the complex design of your brain with the other half describing the organization of the other 98% of your body.
Traffic in central London moves at the same speed as horse-drawn carriages a century ago.
78% of software installed in China in 2010 was pirated.
There's a limestone cliff with over 5 000 dinosaur footprints in Bolivia with many dating back 68 million years.
Smartphone users check Facebook 14 times a day.
The only dog that doesn’t have a pink tongue is the chow.
The average American golf course consumes around 312 000 gallons of water per day.
Turtles, water snakes, crocodiles, alligators, dolphins, whales, and other water going creatures will drown if kept underwater too long.
Many American Civil War soldiers had "nostalgia" listed as their cause of death meaning homesickness.
Mars had an oxygen-rich atmosphere around 4 billion years ago.
The pineapple is actually a berry.
160 cars can drive side by side on the Monumental Axis in Brazil the world’s widest road.
50% of Internet users will quit waiting for a video to load after 10 seconds.
Until the WW2 tea bricks were used as money in Siberia.
President Obama calls UK's PM David Cameron "bro".
There are no terrestrial (land) snakes in New Zealand.
The venom of the Australian Brown Snake is so powerful only 1/14 000th of an ounce is enough to kill a human.
In India many brides use the "Bichiya": a wedding ring for the toe.
Anise is the scent on the artificial rabbit that is used in greyhound races.
With 800 languages New York is the most linguistically diverse city in the world.
The females of some moth species lack wings all they can do to move is crawl.
Martin Luther King Jr. had previously used his "dream" rhetoric many times before his famous speech in other lesser-known speeches.
You can’t kill yourself by holding your breath
The people of France eat more cheese than any other country in the world.
The Bible is the most shoplifted book in the world.
All Pakistani passports bear the inscription "This passport is valid for all countries of the World except Israel."
The 2011 earthquake near Japan increased the Earth's rotation speed shortening the day by 1.8 microseconds.
100 acres of Pizza are served in the U.S. every day.
More people are afraid of spiders than death. Amazingly few people are afraid of Champagne corks even though you are more likely to be killed by one than by a spider.
The inventor of the Waffle Iron did not like waffles.
If you yelled for 8 years 7 months and 6 days you would have produced enough energy to heat one cup of coffee.
In 1998 all 11 members of a soccer team in Africa were killed by lightning while leaving the other team unhurt.
Jurassic Park Pulp Fiction Forrest Gump and The Shawshank Redemption were all in theatres at the same time in October of 1994.
Research conducted on comedians and funny people have shown they are usually more depressed than average.
Castration was used in the Middle Ages as a "cure" for hernia epilepsy and leprosy.
Dolphins and whales give birth with the tail first instead of the head.
The average person unlocks his or her smartphone 110 times each day.
Most dust particles in your house are made from dead skin!
On December 23 1947 Bell Telephone Laboratories in Murray Hill N.J. held a secret demonstration of the transistor which marked the foundation of modern electronics.
An average person produces about 25 000 quarts of saliva in a lifetime enough to fill two swimming pools.
- Alta syncs automatically and wirelessly to computers and 200+ leading iOS, Android and Windows devices using Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology. Syncing to computers requires Internet connection and USB port. Syncing to mobile devices requires Bluetooth and Internet connection. Syncing range: 20 feet
- Water Resistance: Alta is sweat, rain, splash proof. You can wear Alta in the shower, but we recommend rinsing and drying it afterwards because it's best for your skin if the band stays clean and dry. Battery life: lasts up to 5 days. Radio transceiver: Bluetooth 4.0
- We recommend charging your device every few days to ensure you are always tracking. Charge time: One to two hours
- Syncs with Windows Vista and later, Mac OS X 10.6 and up, iPhone 4S and later, iPad 3 gen. and later, and leading Android and Windows devices
- See simplified heart rate zones for quickly checking exercise intensity during workouts with PurePulse(TM) continuous, wrist-based heart rate monitoring (no uncomfortable chest strap required)
- Use multi-sport tracking to track runs, cardio, cross-training, biking and more. Effortlessly and automatically record other workouts to your dashboard with SmartTrack
- Enable connected GPS to map your routes and see run stats like pace and duration on display (when your phone is nearby)
- Track steps, distance, calories burned, floors climbed and active minutes. Stay connected with call, text & calendar alerts and notifications from your favorite apps like Gmail, Facebook and more (when phone is nearby).Start a FitStar workout on your wrist and get step-by-step instructions and graphics to ensure you complete each move correctly
- Track steps, distance, calories burned and active minutes
- See stats and time with a bright OLED tap display
- Automatically track how long and how well you sleep, and set a silent, vibrating alarm
- Personalize with interchangeable metal, leather and classic bands (sold separately)
- Get call, text and calendar notifications at a glance (when phone is nearby)