The serial number of the first MAC ever produced was 2001.
Bikinis and tampons invented by men.
In 2008 Norway knighted a penguin.
The terms "UK" and "Great Britain" are not interchangeable: the United Kingdom includes Northern Ireland while Great Britain does not.
WW1 transformed the U.S. into the largest military power in the world.
40%of schizophrenics are left-handed despite being only 10% of the world's population.
Dik-diks weigh between three and six kilogrammes.
No matter where you stand in Michigan you are never more than 85 miles from a Great Lake.
In every episode of “Seinfeld” there is a Superman picture or reference somewhere.
California has issued 6 drivers licenses to people named “Jesus Christ.”
Most Romans avoided being cruel to slaves. They used bonuses and branding to improve productivity just like modern employers.
Some Deaf People Make Sign Language in Their Sleep.
The jars of Nutella sold in a year could cover The Great Wall of China 8 times.
For much of the way the Lewis and Clark expedition was led by a woman Sacagawea a Shoshone Indian. That’s where that saying came from… Behind every successful man there is a woman with a road map.
Finland has more heavy metal bands per capita than any other country in the world.
In 1961 MIT student Steve Russell created SPACEWARS the first interactive computer game on a Digital PDP-1 (Programmed Data Processor-1) mainframe computer. Limited by the computer technology of the time ASCII text characters were the ‘graphics’ and people could only play the game on a device that took up the floorspace of a small house.
Orcas (killer whales) kill sharks by torpedoing up into the shark’s stomach from underneath causing the shark to explode.
Male seahorses can get pregnant.
Central Park costs about as much money as the entire state of Alaska .
Spiders can survive for hours underwater by entering a self-induced coma.
Albert Einstein considered himself an agnostic not an atheist.
Each year Americans throw out enough soda cans and bottles to reach the moon and back 20 times.
Otto Frank was given Anne Frank's diary by Miep Gies one of the dutch citizens who helped hide the Franks.
Harry Potter books were translated from British to American English.
The U.S. has more Spanish speakers than Spain.
In 2001 Argentina had 5 presidents in 10 days.
Every year since 1966 the town of Gavle Sweden erects a giant straw goat for Christmas and almost every year vandals burn it.
Your ribs move about 5 million times a year every time you breathe!
The five worst cities in the U.S. for air pollution are all in California.
By the end of 1993 there were only 623 websites on the World Wide Web.
There's a town called "Big Ugly" in West Virginia U.S.A.
A giraffe can go without water longer than a camel.
Norway's public Universities are free for students from anywhere in the world.
Anteaters prefer termites to ants.
10% of all U.S. companies go out of business every year.
Bart's name is an anagram of BRAT. His full name is Bartholomew Jojo Simpson.
A standard grave is 7’8 x 3’2 x 6.
Ikea names sofas coffee tables and bookshelves after places in Sweden; beds wardrobes and hall furniture after places in Norway; carpets after places in Denmark and dining tables and chairs after places in Finland.
Cats can't see directly below their noses.
Sam Houston the general who won Texas independence from Mexico was removed from his post as Governor after refusing to support the Confederacy on the Civil War.
- Connectivity: Wirelessly connect and control a wide range of compatible smart devices from 40+ partner brands, including voice assistants, lights & switches, speakers, cameras, sensors and more
- Home Automation: Teach the hub your Good Morning, Goodbye, Goodnight, and other routines to automatically turn devices on or off throughout the day
- 24/7 Monitoring: Receive app alerts from connected devices when there's unexpected activity in your home.Material: Plastic
- Voice Controls: Use voice commands to control connected devices using SmartThings and the Google Assistant
- Improved DIY Solution: Improved guided onboarding for easier setup. Hub connects with Wi-Fi so does not need to be connected to an Ethernet cable
- VOICE ACTIVATED: With the Philips Hue Smart Hub, add up to 50 Philips Hue smart lights of your choice with this ZigBee-controlled hub necessary for voice control with Alexa, Apple HomeKit, or Google Assistant
- CONTROL YOUR SMART LIGHTS FROM ANYWHERE: The heart of your Philips Hue system, this hue hub also enables you to control all of your Philips Hue products via the Philips Hue app, even when you're away from home
- FULLY AUTOMATE YOUR SMART HOME: Enhance your Philips Hue system by setting timers and alarms, connecting to a variety of apps, dimming the smart lights and more (cannot be used with conventional dimmers)
- EXPAND YOUR ECOSYSTEM: Easily expand your smart lighting system with Philips Hue accessories (sold separately), such as a Hue Dimmer Switch, Hue Tap, or Hue Motion Sensor. Pair it for home automation with your existing Nest or SmartThings system. Control your hue lights by connecting the Hue Hub to your router with the included ethernet network cable. This box also includes one Philips Hue Hub, power adapter, manual, and two-year warranty for the full Philips Hue experience
- CROSS-DEVICE COMPATIBILITY: HomeKit compatible iOS 9 or later. iPhone:4, 4S, 5, 5S, 6, 6 Plus, 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs Max, iPhone Xr, iPod touch: 5th generation.Network Connectivity:Wireless A,Wireless B,Wireless G,Wireless N
- Connect your Home: The brains of the Sengled system, the hub enables you to control up to 64 Sengled Smart lights and accessories with the hub. A hub is necessary to use a voice assistant, like Alexa and Google Assistant
- Easy to Install: Connect the Sengled Smart Hub to your router using the included Ethernet cable and use the in-app guide to set up
- Home Automation: Easily extend your smart home system across every room by connecting Sengled Smart LEDs and accessories to the hub, then automate
- Voice control: Connect the hub to Alexa or Google Assistant-enabled devices and use your voice to control your Sengled Smart LEDs and accessories
- One simple app: Control all your Sengled smart devices using the Sengled Home app (iOS/Android.) Set schedules, group devices and more to control all of your home's Sengled smart products