It's scientifically proven: being in love makes you a less productive person.
Each year Americans throw out enough soda cans and bottles to reach the moon and back 20 times.
In 1849 David Atchison became President of the United States for just one day and he spent most of the day sleeping.
George Washington was worth US$525 million in his day when adjusted for inflation.
A dik-dik is a tiny antelope that lives in East Africa, Namibia and Angola.
Rugby North Dakota is the geographical center of North America.
During the Christmas season almost 28 LEGO sets are sold every second.
The cost to construct a new Golden Gate Bridge today would be approximately US$1.2 billion.
We are born with over 270 bones and die with 206.
A polar bear’s outer fur is called ‘guard hair’.
The Bible contains plenty of puns funny names humorous imagery sarcasm and irony.
In most watch advertisements the time displayed on a watch is 10:10.
On a Canadian two-dollar bill the American flag is flying over the Parliament Building.
The Japanese authorities constructed a fence around a volcano at Mount Mihara to stop a trend of over 2000 people committing suicide by jumping in.
Humans have caused 322 animal extinctions over the past 500 years.
Amazonian Butterflies Drink Turtle Tears.
Most lifeboats launched off the Titanic were not filled to capacity.
Family Guy's creator had a ticket for a 9/11 plane but came 10 minutes late.
A crocodile can’t move its tongue and cannot chew. Its digestive juices are so strong that it can digest a steel nail.
An average woman in the UK will own 111 handbags in her lifetime.
Tuberculosis killed 1.5 million people worldwide in 2014 making it a larger cause of death than AIDS.
The stripes on each tiger are unique like human fingerprints.
75% of the artificial vanilla produced in the world is used for ice cream and as a flavoring for chocolate.
In older versions of Little Red Riding Hood the girl and the wolf eat grandma together.
During a severe windstorm or rainstorm the Empire State Building sways several feet to either side.
In 2013 Google founded Calico an anti-aging company designed to ultimately "cure" death.
Three "Marlboro men" died of lung cancer: Wayne McLaren David McLean and Dick Hammer.
8 of the 12 host cities for the 2014 FIFA World Cup in Brazil are among the 50 most violent cities in the world.
Over 30% of cancer could be prevented by avoiding tobacco and alcohol having a healthy diet and physical activity.
Annual growth of WWW traffic is 314 000%
In 1961 MIT student Steve Russell created SPACEWARS the first interactive computer game on a Digital PDP-1 (Programmed Data Processor-1) mainframe computer. Limited by the computer technology of the time ASCII text characters were the ‘graphics’ and people could only play the game on a device that took up the floorspace of a small house.
The lifespan of a bush baby is 14 years.
In the U.K. it is legal for kids over 5 years old to drink alcohol at home or on other private premises.
There's a bar in Ireland that opened in the year 900 A.D. and is still operational. It's called "Sean's Bar".
There are more saunas than cars in Finland.
Before his passing George Washington had become opposed to slavery and in his will he ordered his 300 slaves to be freed after his wife's death.
A cat has 32 muscles in each ear.
An average human loses about 200 head hairs per day.
Gasoline is complex as it can contain between 150 and 1 000 different chemical compounds.
The Incas' measurement of time was based on how long it took to boil a potato.
- Alta syncs automatically and wirelessly to computers and 200+ leading iOS, Android and Windows devices using Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology. Syncing to computers requires Internet connection and USB port. Syncing to mobile devices requires Bluetooth and Internet connection. Syncing range: 20 feet
- Water Resistance: Alta is sweat, rain, splash proof. You can wear Alta in the shower, but we recommend rinsing and drying it afterwards because it's best for your skin if the band stays clean and dry. Battery life: lasts up to 5 days. Radio transceiver: Bluetooth 4.0
- We recommend charging your device every few days to ensure you are always tracking. Charge time: One to two hours
- Syncs with Windows Vista and later, Mac OS X 10.6 and up, iPhone 4S and later, iPad 3 gen. and later, and leading Android and Windows devices
- See simplified heart rate zones for quickly checking exercise intensity during workouts with PurePulse(TM) continuous, wrist-based heart rate monitoring (no uncomfortable chest strap required)
- Use multi-sport tracking to track runs, cardio, cross-training, biking and more. Effortlessly and automatically record other workouts to your dashboard with SmartTrack
- Enable connected GPS to map your routes and see run stats like pace and duration on display (when your phone is nearby)
- Track steps, distance, calories burned, floors climbed and active minutes. Stay connected with call, text & calendar alerts and notifications from your favorite apps like Gmail, Facebook and more (when phone is nearby).Start a FitStar workout on your wrist and get step-by-step instructions and graphics to ensure you complete each move correctly
- Track steps, distance, calories burned and active minutes
- See stats and time with a bright OLED tap display
- Automatically track how long and how well you sleep, and set a silent, vibrating alarm
- Personalize with interchangeable metal, leather and classic bands (sold separately)
- Get call, text and calendar notifications at a glance (when phone is nearby)