If physics and biology one day meet and one of the two is swallowed up that one will be biology. ~ J. B. S. Haldane 1892 to 1964 - Biologist
Although Nature needs thousands or millions of years to create a new species man needs only a few dozen years to destroy one. ~ Victor Scheffer 1906 to 2011 - Biologist
Marcel Kiepach (1894-1915) Croatia - dynamo maritime compass that indicates north regardless of the presence of iron or magnetic forces.
William Robert Grove (1811–1896) Wales – fuel cell.
Vladimir Simonov (born 1935) Russia – APS Underwater Assault Rifle SPP-1 underwater pistol.
Norman Wilkinson (1878–1971) UK – Dazzle camouflage.
Charles Chamberland (1851–1908) France – Chamberland filter.
Sergey Prokudin-Gorsky (1863–1944) Russia/France – early colour photography method based on three colour channels also colour film slides and colour motion pictures.
Richard James Burgess (born 1949) UK – Simmons (electronic drum company) co-inventor of SDS5 drum synthesizer.
Evangelista Torricelli (1608–1647) Italy – barometer.
Ira Remsen (1846–1927) USA – saccharin.
Valentyn Glushko (1908–1989) Russia – hypergolic propellant electric propulsion Soviet rocket engines (including world's most powerful liquid-fuel rocket engine RD-170).
Joseph Henry (1797–1878) Scotland/USA – electromagnetic relay.
Georges Claude (1870–1960) France – neon lamp.
Su Song (1020–1101) China – first chain drive.
Charles Macintosh (1766–1843) Scotland – waterproof raincoat life vest.
Christopher Cockerell (1910–1999) UK – Hovercraft.
Johann Gutenberg (c. 1390s–1468) Germany – movable type printing press.
Christian Schnabel (1878–1936) German – simplistic food cutleries.
Daniel Gabriel Fahrenheit (1686–1736) The Netherlands – Fahrenheit temperature scale Mercury-in-glass thermometer.
Rudolf Diesel (1858–1913) Germany – Diesel engine.
Blaise Pascal (1623–1662) France – Pascal's calculator.
Simple laws can very well describe complex structures. The miracle is not the complexity of our world but the simplicity of the equations describing that complexity. ~ Sander Bais b. 1945 - Theoretical Physicist
Suppose we have an unknown number of objects. When counted in threes 2 are left over when counted in fives 3 are left over and when counted in sevens 2 are left over. How many objects are there? ~ Sunzi The Mathematical Classic of Sunzi - Chinese mathematics problem from c. 450 AD
Physics is very muddled again at the moment; it is much too hard for me anyway and I wish I were a movie comedian or something like that and had never heard anything about physics! ~ Wolfgang Pauli 1900 – 1958
Before the Copernican revolution it was natural to suppose that God’s purposes were specifically concerned with the earth but now this has become an unplausible hypothesis. If it is the purpose of the Cosmos to evolve mind we must regard it as rather incompetent in having produced so little in such a long time. ~ Bertrand Russell 1872 – 1970 - Mathematician and Philosopher
Still I had a lurking question. Would it not be better if one could really ‘see’ whether molecules as complicated as the sterols or strychnine were just as experiment suggested? ~ Dorothy Hodgkin - 1910 to 1984
It is thus probable that germs of the lowest organisms known to us are continually being carried away from the earth and the other planets upon which they exist. As seeds in general so most of these spores thus carried away will no doubt meet death in the cold infinite space of the universe. Yet a small number of spores will fall on some other world and may there be able to spread life if conditions be suitable. ~ Svante Arrhenius 1859 to 1927 - Physical Chemist
Pierre Curie voluntarily exposed his arm to the action of radium for several hours. This resulted in damage resembling a burn that developed progressively and required several months to heal. Henri Becquerel had by accident a similar burn as a result of carrying in his vest pocket a glass tube containing radium salt. He came to tell us of this evil effect of radium exclaiming in a manner at once delighted and annoyed: “I love it but I owe it a grudge.” ~ Marie Curie 1867 to 1934
- This Bundle Includes 4 Items (Non OEM): Black Soft Skin, Armband, Screen Protector, and Smart Headphone Wrap
- Durable, Precise Cutouts Give Easy Access to All the Functionalities
- Offers Tough, Durable, Transparent Surface While Keeping the LCD Screen Clean and Reduce Fingerprints
- Compatible with Sandisk Sansa Clip Sport ONLY (MP3 Player Not Included)
- See simplified heart rate zones for quickly checking exercise intensity during workouts with PurePulse(TM) continuous, wrist-based heart rate monitoring (no uncomfortable chest strap required)
- Use multi-sport tracking to track runs, cardio, cross-training, biking and more. Effortlessly and automatically record other workouts to your dashboard with SmartTrack
- Enable connected GPS to map your routes and see run stats like pace and duration on display (when your phone is nearby)
- Track steps, distance, calories burned, floors climbed and active minutes. Stay connected with call, text & calendar alerts and notifications from your favorite apps like Gmail, Facebook and more (when phone is nearby).Start a FitStar workout on your wrist and get step-by-step instructions and graphics to ensure you complete each move correctly
- TRUE HD HIGH FIDELITY SOUND Featuring latest Bluetooth 4.1 CSR technology and state of the art acoustic components that produce incredible sound quality with deep bass and crystal clear treble.
- COMFORTABLE AND SECURE FIT WITH IPX-7 WATERPROOF RATING - ActivBuds feature Ergonomically designed flexible ear hooks with gel flex silicone earbuds to ensure your headphones stay comfortably firm in place to guarantee fatigue free ears and tangle free comfort.
- LONGEST BATTERY LIFE - The new and improved lithium polymer battery allows seamless enjoyment of music for up to 8 hours and 240 hours stand-by with a quick charge of only 1.5 hours.
- BLUETOOTH V4.1 WIRELESS TECHNOLOGY WITH CVC 6.0 NOISE SUPPRESSION TECHNOLOGY - Connect seamlessly with all Bluetooth enabled devices up to 30 feet away. With Noise Suppression technology focus on your favorite music and answer calls without skips or missed words.
- 1 YEAR WARRANTY AND BONUS ITEMS - Bonus Accessories with 1-Year Manufacturer's Warranty and 30 days no-questions-asked return policy. Value for money guaranteed, Buy the Senso ActiveBuds worry free today.