TV show "16 and pregnant" and spin-offs may have prevented about 20 000 teen pregnancies in 2010 a study says.
When Louis Pasteur was working on the rabies vaccine if he or his assistants got infected they were to be shot in the head.
Benjamin Franklin was an advocate of "air baths" during which he would spend up to an hour reading or writing in his house completely naked.
No other country in Europe has as many volcanoes as Italy: the peninsula stands on a fault line.
The Berlin Wall was torn down by mistakenly-empowered citizens after an East German spokesman misspoke at a press conference and mentioned immediate border crossing privileges for every citizen.
Dysania is the state of finding it hard to get out of bed in the morning.
Poor women in the U.S. have a higher rate of obesity than wealthier women.
Dr. Seuss pronounced his name so that it would rhyme with rejoice.
The word "Dinosaur" comes from the ancient Greek and means "terrible lizard".
Before the Holocaust Hitler gave the U.S. Great Britain and many other nations a chance to take in Jewish refugees. They refused.
Ears and Nose never stop growing.
As late as 1985 doctors believed babies didn't feel pain and conducted surgeries with no anesthesia.
Argentina has the highest number of psychiatrists per capita in the world.
J.K. Rowling chose the unusual name ‘Hermione’ so young girls wouldn’t be teased for being nerdy!
Prostitutes in Spain have to wear reflective vests like highway workers to reduce accidents.
During the average meal you eat over 90 000 miles of DNA.
A crocodiles tongue is attached to the roof of its mouth.
Hummingbirds are the only birds who can fly backwards.
Crocodiles eat stones.
The only capital letter in the Roman alphabet with exactly one end point is P.
Anise is the scent on the artificial rabbit that is used in greyhound races.
Around 7% of all wars in history were religiously motivated.
The Great Wall of China is not visible from space but China's air pollution is.
There's a pill that makes farts smell like chocolate.
Coffee is the world's second most valuable traded commodity only behind petroleum.
The groundwater of 90% of Chinese cities is polluted.
Sharks will sink if they stop swimming.
There are more living organisms in a teaspoonful of soil than there are people on earth.
Landlocked Bolivia maintains a standing navy in preparation for the day it reconquers coastline lost to Chile in the 19th Century.
Olympic Gold Medals only contain 1.34% of gold.
All pandas in the world are on loan from China.
Marital infidelity was punishable with jail in South Korea until 2015.
Al-Qaeda initially considered targeting nuclear power plants on 9/11 but decided against it fearing things could "get out of control."
Cows have best friends and become sad when they are separated according to scientists.
Octopuses move with a simple elegance but they have no rhythm unlike most animals.
In the early 1940s the FCC assigned television’s Channel 1 to mobile services (like two-way radios in taxis) but did not re-number the other channel assignments.
Nero the Roman Emperor married a man one of his freedmen taking the role of the bride.
A man named Moondyne Joe escaped prison so many times that police built a special cell for him from which he escaped as well.
If you lift a kangaroo’s tail off the ground it can’t hop – they use their tails for balance.
Ben Guggenheim heir to mining magnate Meyer Guggenheim dressed in his finest suit had a glass of brandy and smoked a cigar as the Titanic sank.
- Alta syncs automatically and wirelessly to computers and 200+ leading iOS, Android and Windows devices using Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology. Syncing to computers requires Internet connection and USB port. Syncing to mobile devices requires Bluetooth and Internet connection. Syncing range: 20 feet
- Water Resistance: Alta is sweat, rain, splash proof. You can wear Alta in the shower, but we recommend rinsing and drying it afterwards because it's best for your skin if the band stays clean and dry. Battery life: lasts up to 5 days. Radio transceiver: Bluetooth 4.0
- We recommend charging your device every few days to ensure you are always tracking. Charge time: One to two hours
- Syncs with Windows Vista and later, Mac OS X 10.6 and up, iPhone 4S and later, iPad 3 gen. and later, and leading Android and Windows devices
- See simplified heart rate zones for quickly checking exercise intensity during workouts with PurePulse(TM) continuous, wrist-based heart rate monitoring (no uncomfortable chest strap required)
- Use multi-sport tracking to track runs, cardio, cross-training, biking and more. Effortlessly and automatically record other workouts to your dashboard with SmartTrack
- Enable connected GPS to map your routes and see run stats like pace and duration on display (when your phone is nearby)
- Track steps, distance, calories burned, floors climbed and active minutes. Stay connected with call, text & calendar alerts and notifications from your favorite apps like Gmail, Facebook and more (when phone is nearby).Start a FitStar workout on your wrist and get step-by-step instructions and graphics to ensure you complete each move correctly
- Track steps, distance, calories burned and active minutes
- See stats and time with a bright OLED tap display
- Automatically track how long and how well you sleep, and set a silent, vibrating alarm
- Personalize with interchangeable metal, leather and classic bands (sold separately)
- Get call, text and calendar notifications at a glance (when phone is nearby)