"All of us are born for a reason, but all of us don't discover why. Success in life has nothing to do with what you gain in life or accomplish for yourself. It's what you do for others." - Danny Thomas
"The first condition of success for the League of Nations is, therefore, a firm understanding between the British Empire and the United States of America and France and Italy that there will be no competitive building up of fleets or armies between them." - Arthur Henderson
"Think of success as a game of chance in which you have control over the odds. As you begin to master concepts in personal achievement, you are increasing your odds of achieving success." - Bo Bennett
Before you continue, Read About…
Be Realistic with Yourself and Others: One thing the successful know is that being realistic with yourself and others is crucial. In a business environment, if you do not tell others when they may be mistaken, they will continue on the wrong path. And if you do not allow others to correct you, then you will do the same.
Accept Responsibility for Your Decisions: While chance will always play a role in your life, your decisions are the only thing you can control. So, take responsibility for your decisions. When the outcomes are bad, accept it as your fault; and when they are good, see what you did right.
Commit Yourself to Getting Out of Debt: As I’ve mentioned in other tips, you must commit yourself to getting out of debt. Debt is often the product of delusion and wishful thinking. Instead of letting delusion run your life, drop the debt and get on a path to saving for a comfortable retirement.
Find Out Which Forms of Advertising Generate Revenue—And Which Do Not: In business, marketing can do a lot to transform your business. It can expand the audience for your product, persuade the existing audience, or it can provide no benefits at all while incurring massive costs. Those who are successful in business pay attention to their advertising, so they can determine which forms are beneficial and which forms should be discontinued.
Shop Around for the Best Mortgage: Another thing that people who are successful in personal finance generally do is shop around for a mortgage. Instead of simply taking the first that they are offered at the first bank they go to, they test the waters with a number of different companies to try to get a lower interest rate.
Find Time to Give Yourself a Break: In addition to working hard, the successful know to take breaks, too. Without breaks, we have no way to clear our minds, re-energize, and prepare for the task that faces us.
Be Open-Minded and Accepting of Your Significant Other’s Needs: Just as you have needs, your significant other also has needs. Try to be sensitive and thoughtful in responding to these needs, rather than bargaining with your partner for the best deal you can get.
Always Have a Plan – Even if You Don’t Use It: Some people serially-plan their lives. For each minute of the day, they have something scheduled. Like clockwork, their days play out with very few unforeseen events. Initially, you might think this sounds boring and inspiring, but in business, it is the status quo among those who are most successful. And remember, even if you don’t opt to use your plan, at least you will have the option to do so.
Find a Good Mentor: One good way to find out how to lead and how to be successful is to get advice from a great mentor. This mentor could be your boss or could be a co- worker who is highly successful. Either way, find at least one mentor and try to get as much as you can get out of the relationship.
Watch Video: 3 Secrets for BREAKING BAD Habits (& Making Awesome Ones)!
(via YouTube)Success and the art of making music are two different things for me. - Norah Jones
"Success without honor is an unseasoned dish it will satisfy your hunger, but it won't taste good." - Joe Paterno
"All business success rests on something labeled a sale, which at least momentarily weds company and customer." - Tom Peters
"I define success as being comfortable with yourself and your life. And that is about as good as it gets, really." - Treat Williams
I am highly offended by the total lack of acknowledgement of my contribution to Laker success. - Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
"Success is the necessary misfortune of life, but it is only to the very unfortunate that it comes early." - Anthony Trollope
Nothing recedes like success. - Walter Winchell
American inventiveness and the desire to build developed because we were guaranteed the right to own our success. - Rand Paul
"Permanent success cannot be achieved except by incessant intellectual labour, always inspired by the ideal." - Sarah Bernhardt
You grow up a bit damaged or broken then you have some success but you don't know how to feel good about the work you're doing or the life you're leading. - Johnny Depp
Failure is not our only punishment for laziness there is also the success of others. - Jules Renard
"Achievement is not always success, while reputed failure often is. It is honest endeavor, persistent effort to do the best possible under any and all circumstances." - Orison Swett Marden
"Picture yourself vividly as winning, and that alone will contribute immeasurably to success." - Harry Emerson Fosdick
"All these people who say success changes people well, no, it just magnifies what's there." - Kevin Smith
Men judge us by the success of our efforts. God looks at the efforts themselves. - Charlotte Bronte
"Men of age object too much, consult too long, adventure too little, repent too soon, and seldom drive business home to the full period, but content themselves with a mediocrity of success." - Dale Carnegie
Train Your Brain & Solve This…
- Alta syncs automatically and wirelessly to computers and 200+ leading iOS, Android and Windows devices using Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology. Syncing to computers requires Internet connection and USB port. Syncing to mobile devices requires Bluetooth and Internet connection. Syncing range: 20 feet
- Water Resistance: Alta is sweat, rain, splash proof. You can wear Alta in the shower, but we recommend rinsing and drying it afterwards because it's best for your skin if the band stays clean and dry. Battery life: lasts up to 5 days. Radio transceiver: Bluetooth 4.0
- We recommend charging your device every few days to ensure you are always tracking. Charge time: One to two hours
- Syncs with Windows Vista and later, Mac OS X 10.6 and up, iPhone 4S and later, iPad 3 gen. and later, and leading Android and Windows devices
- See simplified heart rate zones for quickly checking exercise intensity during workouts with PurePulse(TM) continuous, wrist-based heart rate monitoring (no uncomfortable chest strap required)
- Use multi-sport tracking to track runs, cardio, cross-training, biking and more. Effortlessly and automatically record other workouts to your dashboard with SmartTrack
- Enable connected GPS to map your routes and see run stats like pace and duration on display (when your phone is nearby)
- Track steps, distance, calories burned, floors climbed and active minutes. Stay connected with call, text & calendar alerts and notifications from your favorite apps like Gmail, Facebook and more (when phone is nearby).Start a FitStar workout on your wrist and get step-by-step instructions and graphics to ensure you complete each move correctly
- Track steps, distance, calories burned and active minutes
- See stats and time with a bright OLED tap display
- Automatically track how long and how well you sleep, and set a silent, vibrating alarm
- Personalize with interchangeable metal, leather and classic bands (sold separately)
- Get call, text and calendar notifications at a glance (when phone is nearby)