Scars continue to look the same year after year because while skin cells are replaced periodically the underlying collagen is not.
Adult elephants can’t jump.
Mars has the tallest known mountain on a planet of our Solar System with a height of 22 km (14 mi).
Anne Frank's family was denied visas by the U.S.because of stricter immigration policies.
According to Bill Gates by 2035 there will be almost no poor countries left in the world.
Germany Denmark Iceland and other countries have official rules about what a baby can be named.
Penguins can jump 6 feet out of water.
The very first bomb dropped by the Allies on Berlin during World War II Killed the only elephant in the Berlin Zoo.
Four men in the history of boxing have been knocked out in the first eleven seconds of the first round.
The Earth lost 40% of its wildlife in the past 40 years according to the WWF.
In 1977 Argentina sent a pregnant mother to Antarctica in an effort to claim a portion of the continent. The boy became the first human known to be born in Antarctica.
The Statue of Liberty has a 35-foot (10 6m) waistline.
The only thing left on Bill Gates' bucket list is not to die.
One Puffer Fish contains enough poison to kill 30 people.
If you use iTunes you have already agreed not to use Apple products to create nuclear weapons.
Car wrecks are the number one cause of death for Americans under 35.
New Zealand is the fastest country in the world to start a business: just one day.
Humans and dolphins are the only species that have sex for pleasure.
If one places a tiny amount of liquor on a scorpion it will instantly go mad and sting itself to death.
There are about 450 types of cheese in the world. 240 come from France.
Queen Elizabeth II served as a mechanic and driver in World War II.
The blue whale weighs as much as thirty elephants and is as long as three Greyhound buses.
Most of the dust underneath your bed is actually your own dead skin.
Reindeer like to eat bananas.
In Argentina political parties have their own brands of beer.
Almost half the pigs in the world are kept by farmers in China.
Dolphins sleep with one eye open.
99% of all mobile malware is targeted at Android users.
The American flags placed on the moon are now white due to radiation from the sun.
Orville Wright was involved in the first aircraft accident. His passenger a Frenchman was killed.
Einstein was a slow learner as a child and spoke very slowly.
There's high-speed Internet on the way up to Mount Everest.
China has 4 megacities of over 10 million people the most of any country.
The word “vodka” comes from the Russian word “voda” that means “water”.
By 2023 the average US$1 000 laptop will be just as fast as the human brain according to Ray Kurzweil.
Benjamin Franklin published a paper saying America's population growth was so fast it would surpass Britain in 100 years. This alarmed British leadership and was a factor in their oppression of the colonies.
A third of all divorce filings of 2011 in the U.S. contained the word "Facebook."
There are tuition-free Universities in Finland Austria Norway Germany and Sweden with careers in English for international students.
In 2008 wine started flowing through taps in dozens of homes during a grape festival in Italy due to a technical error.
The town of Docker River in Australia was once invaded by 6 000 camels that came in search of water.
- Alta syncs automatically and wirelessly to computers and 200+ leading iOS, Android and Windows devices using Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology. Syncing to computers requires Internet connection and USB port. Syncing to mobile devices requires Bluetooth and Internet connection. Syncing range: 20 feet
- Water Resistance: Alta is sweat, rain, splash proof. You can wear Alta in the shower, but we recommend rinsing and drying it afterwards because it's best for your skin if the band stays clean and dry. Battery life: lasts up to 5 days. Radio transceiver: Bluetooth 4.0
- We recommend charging your device every few days to ensure you are always tracking. Charge time: One to two hours
- Syncs with Windows Vista and later, Mac OS X 10.6 and up, iPhone 4S and later, iPad 3 gen. and later, and leading Android and Windows devices
- See simplified heart rate zones for quickly checking exercise intensity during workouts with PurePulse(TM) continuous, wrist-based heart rate monitoring (no uncomfortable chest strap required)
- Use multi-sport tracking to track runs, cardio, cross-training, biking and more. Effortlessly and automatically record other workouts to your dashboard with SmartTrack
- Enable connected GPS to map your routes and see run stats like pace and duration on display (when your phone is nearby)
- Track steps, distance, calories burned, floors climbed and active minutes. Stay connected with call, text & calendar alerts and notifications from your favorite apps like Gmail, Facebook and more (when phone is nearby).Start a FitStar workout on your wrist and get step-by-step instructions and graphics to ensure you complete each move correctly
- Track steps, distance, calories burned and active minutes
- See stats and time with a bright OLED tap display
- Automatically track how long and how well you sleep, and set a silent, vibrating alarm
- Personalize with interchangeable metal, leather and classic bands (sold separately)
- Get call, text and calendar notifications at a glance (when phone is nearby)