During his time as a Congressman and later as U.S. President John F Kennedy donated all of his salary to charity.
Men are more likely to say "I love you" first than women are a study found.
Sharon Stone was the first Star Search spokes model.
Ounce by ounce Nutritious food costs up to 10 times more than junk food.
A hippo can open its mouth wide enough to fit a four foot tall child inside.
Michael Jackson had a meeting at the WTC on 9/11 but overslept.
Hyenas regularly eat the faeces of other animals.
Ancient Egyptians worshiped over1 400 different gods and goddesses.
In the Philippine jungle the yo-yo was first used as a weapon.
Between 10 and 20 volcanoes are erupting somewhere on Earth every day.
In France you can marry a dead person.
The smallest known dinosaur was about four inches (10 cm) tall and weighed less than a chihuahua.
In York it is perfectly legal to shoot a Scotsman with a bow and arrow (except on Sundays)
NASA has a list of accurate space technology terms that writers can use in Science Fiction stories.
If Pinokio says “My Noes Will Grow Now”, it would cause a paradox. Details here.
The average lifespan of a dolphin is 15 years. However some of them lived 50 years.
No one has ever seen a giraffe swimming.
Ballroom dancing is a major at Brigham University.
During WW2 the Japanese invaded Alaska and more Americans were killed or wounded defending Alaska than at Pearl Harbor.
In 1949 the U.S. Military created a synthetic version of Marijuana called "Dimethylheptylpyran." Just 1 mg can have effects lasting for 3 days.
The first toilet ever seen on television was on “Leave It to Beaver.”
The lifespan of a squirrel is about nine years.
Neptune was mathematically predicted before it was directly observed based on the orbit of Uranus.
In 1943 a fissure opened in a farmer's cornfield in Mexico growing into a five story tall volcano in only a week and up to 1 100 feet after a year.
The surface of the Earth is about 60% water and 10% ice.
The Guinness World Records stopped awarding the fattest cats or any other animal to discourage deliberate overfeeding.
Truck driving is the most dangerous occupation by accidental deaths (799 in 2001).
California consumes more bottled water than any other product.
Darwin suggested the appendix may have been used for digesting leaves. This theory is supported by koala and horse appendixes which do just that.
There is a shark called ‘goblin shark’ which has only been seen around 50 times since its discovery in 1897.
Each Russian consumes 18 litres (4.8 US gal) of alcohol per year doubling what experts consider dangerous.
1 in 5 top 100 country songs will refer to alcohol.
French speaking residents of Belgium are called Walloons.
La Tomatina is an annual festival held in Spain where people throw thousands of tomatoes at each other.
Facebook has 95 million users in China despite being blocked.
Galileo Galilei was Albert Einstein's favorite scientist.
The Great Wall of China is the only man-made structure visible from space.
The porpoise is second to man as the most intelligent animal on the planet.
Nearly 80% of all animals on earth have six legs.
First marriages that end in a divorce usually last approximately 8 years.
- Alta syncs automatically and wirelessly to computers and 200+ leading iOS, Android and Windows devices using Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology. Syncing to computers requires Internet connection and USB port. Syncing to mobile devices requires Bluetooth and Internet connection. Syncing range: 20 feet
- Water Resistance: Alta is sweat, rain, splash proof. You can wear Alta in the shower, but we recommend rinsing and drying it afterwards because it's best for your skin if the band stays clean and dry. Battery life: lasts up to 5 days. Radio transceiver: Bluetooth 4.0
- We recommend charging your device every few days to ensure you are always tracking. Charge time: One to two hours
- Syncs with Windows Vista and later, Mac OS X 10.6 and up, iPhone 4S and later, iPad 3 gen. and later, and leading Android and Windows devices
- See simplified heart rate zones for quickly checking exercise intensity during workouts with PurePulse(TM) continuous, wrist-based heart rate monitoring (no uncomfortable chest strap required)
- Use multi-sport tracking to track runs, cardio, cross-training, biking and more. Effortlessly and automatically record other workouts to your dashboard with SmartTrack
- Enable connected GPS to map your routes and see run stats like pace and duration on display (when your phone is nearby)
- Track steps, distance, calories burned, floors climbed and active minutes. Stay connected with call, text & calendar alerts and notifications from your favorite apps like Gmail, Facebook and more (when phone is nearby).Start a FitStar workout on your wrist and get step-by-step instructions and graphics to ensure you complete each move correctly
- Track steps, distance, calories burned and active minutes
- See stats and time with a bright OLED tap display
- Automatically track how long and how well you sleep, and set a silent, vibrating alarm
- Personalize with interchangeable metal, leather and classic bands (sold separately)
- Get call, text and calendar notifications at a glance (when phone is nearby)