Part of the White House was built by slaves.
61% of school children in India have disease-causing germs on their hands.
The U.S. has more museums than Starbucks and McDonald's locations combined.
In Ancient Rome the punishment for killing one's father was the death penalty consisting of being sewn up in a sack along with a viper a dog and a cock.
If it’s reduced by 10% you’ll die.
The eruption of Krakatoa in 1883 was the loudest sound in recorded history heard 3 000 miles (4800 KM) away.
When you learn something new the structure of your brain changes.
If the earth didn't have the moon our days would only be 6 hours long.
Along with 1.4 million tons of debris removed 19 435 body parts were recovered from the WTC after 9/11.
Wearing jeans is illegal in North Korea.
In 1943 the U.S. banned sliced bread as a wartime conservation measure.
The iceberg that sank the Titanic began its journey somewhere around 1000 BCE.
The longest cat ever measured 48.5 inches (1.23 m) when fully stretched out.
The cost of college in the U.S. has gone up 500% since 1985.
In Halden a high-security prison in Norway every cell has a flat screen TV an en-suite shower and fluffy white towels.
If we had the same mortality rate now as in 1900 more than half the people in the world today would not be alive.
Over 60% of all those who marry get divorced.
Fireflies are also known as lightning bugs.
Rainbows are actually Circular. We don't typically see a full circle rainbow because the Earth's horizon blocks the lower part.
In the 16th and 17th centuries Europeans including royalty priests and scientists routinely ingested remedies containing human bones blood and fat as medicine for everything from headaches to epilepsy.
Ghosts appear in 4 Shakespearian plays; Julius Caesar Richard III Hamlet and Macbeth.
10% of US electricity is made from dismantled atomic bombs.
Sharks are immune to cancer!
Iran sentences its citizens to the death penalty on cases of corruption.
20% of office coffee mugs contain fecal bacteria.
Google Maps calculates traffic by tracking how fast Android devices are moving on the road.
There are over 3 million shipwrecks on the ocean floor according to the U.N.
"Apollo 13" "Armageddon" and "Around the World in 80 Days" are among the movies NASA keeps aboard the International Space Station.
1 in 10 Americans thinks HTML --the language of web pages-- is a sexually transmitted disease.
The largest giant squid ever found weighed 8,000 pounds.
Cats can become addicted to tuna and refuse to eat anything else becoming what's known as 'tuna junkies.'
In 1961 Robert F Kennedy said the U.S. would have a black president within 40 years.
Many animals have been reported to commit suicide including dogs cows bulls and sheep.
Texas declared its independence from Mexico in 1836and became a Republic until it joined the U.S. in 1845.
In Japan 685 kids were rushed to hospitals in 1997 after an intense Pokemon episode that caused dizziness vomiting and seizures.
In WW2 the U.S. and New Zealand secretly tested 3 700 "tsunami bombs" designed to destroy coastal cities.
When you sneeze all your bodily functions stop even your heart.
1 in every 3 socks you have were made in the district of Datang in Zhuji China now known as "Sock City".
The Bible Steve Jobs' Bio and the Hunger Games are the most highlighted kindle books ever.
A lion’s roar can be heard from five miles away.
- Support for 8 devices is enabled at software setup - replaces up to 8 remotes, reducing complexity and clutter in your living room
- Bright color screen shows your channel favorite icons plus commands for easy navigation
- One-touch Activity buttons like "Watch a DVD" automatically switch the right devices to the right settings
- Compatible with 225,000+ devices from 5000+ brands, including devices you own today and add tomorrow
- Simple online setup using your PC or Mac
- VIZIO 2014 version dual side Qwerty keyboard Remote Control. with back-light
- Compatibility: VIZIO 401ia3, 401i-a3, E401ia3, E401i-a3, M321i-A2, M401i-A3, M471i-A2, M501D, M501DA2, M501D-A2, M501dA2R, M501d-A2R, M501i-A2, M551dA2, M551d-A2, M551dA2R, M551d-A2R, M551DAR2, M551D-AR2, M601DA3, M601d-A3, M651dA2, M651d-A2, M651D-A2R, M701DA3, M701d-A3, M801DA3, M801d-A3 LCD TV
- Works with Alexa for voice control
- Use your Smartphone (with available app) or included Harmony Remote for one-touch control of your entertainment system and home automation devices such as Philips Hue lights or Nest Learning Thermostat
- Companion remote includes full featured home entertainment controls including dedicated home automation controls
- Included Harmony Hub lets you control devices hidden behind cabinet doors or walls, including game consoles such as PS3, Wii, and Xbox 360
- Simple setup on computer or the available smartphone app - works with over 270,000 devices, including your TV, satellite or cable box, blu-ray player, Apple TV, Roku, Sonos, game consoles, Philips Hue lights, and more