The average thickness of ice in Antarctica is about 1 mile (1.6 km) .
Brazilian athletes funded their trip to the 1932 Olympics by selling coffee along the way.
Anne Frank is on YouTube. She was captured on film while leaning out of her window to get a good look of a wedding.
The average ocean depth is 2.5 miles (4 km).
The most sensitive cluster of nerves is at the base of the spine.
A castrated male reindeer is called a bull.
Your heart beats over 100 000 times a day!
In 1945 a rooster named Mike lived 18 months without a head.
In France nearly 96% of high schools have condom vending machines.
Before the Holocaust Hitler gave the U.S. Great Britain and many other nations a chance to take in Jewish refugees. They refused.
A month before 9/11 President George W. Bush was handed a memo titled: "Bin Laden Determined To Strike in US" saying it would be by hijacking planes possibly targeting NYC.
During WW1 the Belgian King personally led the army the Queen served as a nurse and the 14-year-old Prince enlisted as a private.
Floating cities above the clouds of Venus may be our best bet for becoming a two-planet species. Conditions there are so similar to Earth a human wouldn't need a pressurized suit the gravity is similar and transit times are shorter than to Mars.
Smoking makes breasts sag faster than normal by breaking down a protein in the skin called elastin which gives youthful skin its elastic appearance and supports the breast.
The Tyrannosaurus Rex went extinct 65 million years ago.
The AMIA Bombing of Argentina in 1994 was one of the largest terrorist attacks in South America killing 85 people.
If you commit suicide in Japan by jumping in front of a train the family of the deceased will be charged a disruption fee.
There's a beer brewed from bananas in Africa.
Passports issued by the UK Sweden and Finland offer visa-free travel to more countries than any other passports.
A group of twelve or more cows is called a flink.
India has the world's lowest meat consumption per person.
Stewardesses is the longest word typed with only the left hand.
The surface gravities of Venus Saturn Uranus and Neptune are all quite similar (within 15%) to Earth's.
It costs 41 cents per year per American citizen for NASA's entire Curiosity program.
Dyeing pets to look like other wild animals is a trend in China.
The world's deadliest recorded earthquake occurred in 1556 in China killing an estimated 830 000 people.
There is approximately one chicken for every human being in the world.
A pound of houseflies contains more protein than a pound of beef
If you search for "Do the Harlem shake" on YouTube the page itself will do the harlem shake for you.
During WW2 a Japanese Consul saved 6 000 Jews from the Holocaust by writing them all Visas to Japan even after the government told him not to.
Cat owners are 30% less likely to suffer a heart attack.
Firefox web browser's lead developer is now working for Google Chrome.
The youngest Pope was 11 years old.
You can use Skype to call toll free numbers at no charge in the U.S. UK Taiwan and France.
Australia is an island surrounded by more than 8 000 smaller islands.
Angel Falls in Venezuela is the world’s highest waterfall at 3 212 feet (979 m).
There are four times as many abandoned houses as there are homeless people in New York City.
In 2006 an Australian man tried to sell New Zealand on Ebay. The starting price was AU$0.01 and managed to reach AU$3000 before Ebay closed the auction.
The richest 1% of the population owns 48% of the world's wealth.
More than 600 women dressed as men in order to fight in the American Civil War.
- Connectivity: Wirelessly connect and control a wide range of compatible smart devices from 40+ partner brands, including voice assistants, lights & switches, speakers, cameras, sensors and more
- Home Automation: Teach the hub your Good Morning, Goodbye, Goodnight, and other routines to automatically turn devices on or off throughout the day
- 24/7 Monitoring: Receive app alerts from connected devices when there's unexpected activity in your home.Material: Plastic
- Voice Controls: Use voice commands to control connected devices using SmartThings and the Google Assistant
- Improved DIY Solution: Improved guided onboarding for easier setup. Hub connects with Wi-Fi so does not need to be connected to an Ethernet cable
- VOICE ACTIVATED: With the Philips Hue Smart Hub, add up to 50 Philips Hue smart lights of your choice with this ZigBee-controlled hub necessary for voice control with Alexa, Apple HomeKit, or Google Assistant
- CONTROL YOUR SMART LIGHTS FROM ANYWHERE: The heart of your Philips Hue system, this hue hub also enables you to control all of your Philips Hue products via the Philips Hue app, even when you're away from home
- FULLY AUTOMATE YOUR SMART HOME: Enhance your Philips Hue system by setting timers and alarms, connecting to a variety of apps, dimming the smart lights and more (cannot be used with conventional dimmers)
- EXPAND YOUR ECOSYSTEM: Easily expand your smart lighting system with Philips Hue accessories (sold separately), such as a Hue Dimmer Switch, Hue Tap, or Hue Motion Sensor. Pair it for home automation with your existing Nest or SmartThings system. Control your hue lights by connecting the Hue Hub to your router with the included ethernet network cable. This box also includes one Philips Hue Hub, power adapter, manual, and two-year warranty for the full Philips Hue experience
- CROSS-DEVICE COMPATIBILITY: HomeKit compatible iOS 9 or later. iPhone:4, 4S, 5, 5S, 6, 6 Plus, 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs Max, iPhone Xr, iPod touch: 5th generation.Network Connectivity:Wireless A,Wireless B,Wireless G,Wireless N
- Connect your Home: The brains of the Sengled system, the hub enables you to control up to 64 Sengled Smart lights and accessories with the hub. A hub is necessary to use a voice assistant, like Alexa and Google Assistant
- Easy to Install: Connect the Sengled Smart Hub to your router using the included Ethernet cable and use the in-app guide to set up
- Home Automation: Easily extend your smart home system across every room by connecting Sengled Smart LEDs and accessories to the hub, then automate
- Voice control: Connect the hub to Alexa or Google Assistant-enabled devices and use your voice to control your Sengled Smart LEDs and accessories
- One simple app: Control all your Sengled smart devices using the Sengled Home app (iOS/Android.) Set schedules, group devices and more to control all of your home's Sengled smart products