The word "coffee" comes from the Arabic for "wine of the bean".
There is enough gold in Earth's core to coat its entire surface to a depth of 1.5 feet.
9 million people are in prisons around world and a quarter of them are in the U.S.
The town of Docker River in Australia was once invaded by 6 000 camels that came in search of water.
Over 5 000 climbers have successfully reached Mount Everest's peak including a 13-year-old a blind person and a 73-year-old woman.
It costs approximately $10,000 to train a federally certified search and rescue dog.
Goats were the first animals domesticated by man in 10,000 B.C.
Nelson Mandela was not removed from the U.S. terror watchlist until 2008.
Jimi Hendrix couldn't read or write music.
The last time somebody died from a spider bite in Australia was in 1981.
There are approximately 100 million acts of sexual intercourse each day.
In late 19th-Century millions of American children learned in school that just one taste of alcohol could lead to blindness madness or even spontaneous combustion.
If you were to take a taxicab from New York City to Los Angeles it would cost you $8 325.
Horatio Nelson one of England’s most illustrious admirals was throughout his life never able to find a cure for his sea-sickness.
Alaska has a sand desert with dunes over 150 feet (45 m) high.
Death penalty trials are 20 times more expensive than trials seeking a sentence of life in prison without parole.
Sound travels 15 times faster through steel than through the air.
The Hundred Years' War lasted for 116 years.
A normal raindrop falls at about 7 miles per hour.
During WW1 a Hungarian man was shot in the frontal lobe making it impossible for him to fall asleep. He continued to live a full sleepless life.
In Alaska it is illegal to shoot at a moose from the window of an airplane or other flying vehicle.
Chicken contains 266% more fat than it did 40 years ago.
Cuba was caught sending Weapons to North Korea in 2013.
The 9/11 attacks also destroyed US$100 million in art including work from Pablo Picasso.
There's high-speed Internet on the way up to Mount Everest.
A 13-year old boy in Florida was once arrested for excessive farting in school.
The world's most expensive musical instrument a Stradivarius violin was sold in 2011 for US$15.9 million.
From 1989 to 2009 about 2 000 schools were closed in Germany because of a scarcity of children.
Nintendo had a chain of sex hotels in the 1950s.
It took 73 years to find the wreck of the Titanic.
In Italy the same voice actor will follow an American actor throughout their filmography and career.
A puppy is born blind, deaf, and toothless.
A crocodile can’t poke its tongue out :p
Hitler planned to collect thousands of Jewish artifacts to build a "Museum of An Extinct Race" after the war.
30% of pregnant women crave non-food items an eating disorder called pica.
If everyone in the world washed their hands properly a million lives could be saved a year.
During the 18th century you could pay your admission ticket to the zoo in London by bringing a cat or a dog to feed the lions.
87% of scientists believe climate change is mostly caused by human activity while only 50% of the public does.
You can start a fire with ice.
The average dog is as intelligent as a two-year-old child.
- Alta syncs automatically and wirelessly to computers and 200+ leading iOS, Android and Windows devices using Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology. Syncing to computers requires Internet connection and USB port. Syncing to mobile devices requires Bluetooth and Internet connection. Syncing range: 20 feet
- Water Resistance: Alta is sweat, rain, splash proof. You can wear Alta in the shower, but we recommend rinsing and drying it afterwards because it's best for your skin if the band stays clean and dry. Battery life: lasts up to 5 days. Radio transceiver: Bluetooth 4.0
- We recommend charging your device every few days to ensure you are always tracking. Charge time: One to two hours
- Syncs with Windows Vista and later, Mac OS X 10.6 and up, iPhone 4S and later, iPad 3 gen. and later, and leading Android and Windows devices
- See simplified heart rate zones for quickly checking exercise intensity during workouts with PurePulse(TM) continuous, wrist-based heart rate monitoring (no uncomfortable chest strap required)
- Use multi-sport tracking to track runs, cardio, cross-training, biking and more. Effortlessly and automatically record other workouts to your dashboard with SmartTrack
- Enable connected GPS to map your routes and see run stats like pace and duration on display (when your phone is nearby)
- Track steps, distance, calories burned, floors climbed and active minutes. Stay connected with call, text & calendar alerts and notifications from your favorite apps like Gmail, Facebook and more (when phone is nearby).Start a FitStar workout on your wrist and get step-by-step instructions and graphics to ensure you complete each move correctly
- Track steps, distance, calories burned and active minutes
- See stats and time with a bright OLED tap display
- Automatically track how long and how well you sleep, and set a silent, vibrating alarm
- Personalize with interchangeable metal, leather and classic bands (sold separately)
- Get call, text and calendar notifications at a glance (when phone is nearby)