There is a version of the Bible translated into Hawaiian Pidgin called 'Da Jesus Book'.
A group of whales is called a pod.
Eagles can live in captivity for up to 46 years.
Only 5% of dogs experience dental decay compared with 90% of children.
Galileo's middle finger is on display at a museum in Florence Italy.
15 million blood cells are destroyed in the human body every second.
The animal on the Firefox logo is not a fox, but a red panda.
35%of men from rural Brazil have had sex with an animal a study found.
Mr. T's gold collection is worth over US$120 000.
The brain treats rejection like physical pain according to scientists.
Shakira was rejected from the school choir because the teacher thought she sounded like a goat.
47%of Americans say they cannot cover a US$400 emergency expense without borrowing money or selling something.
Horses cannot throw up.
20% of the Earth's oxygen is produced by the Amazon rainforest.
Krusty the Clown was originally created to be Homer's secret identity.
The word "mafia" is never mentioned in the film version of The Godfather because the actual mafia demanded it.
Looking at cute animal pictures at work can make you more productive a study claims.
McDonald's drive-thru staff won't serve people if they come on horseback.
A line of descendants of Aztec Emperor Moctezuma II was brought to Spain and became part of the Spanish nobility holding the title of "Duke of Moctezuma de Tultengo."
Cigar and pipe smoking is every bit as dangerous as cigarette smoking and possibly even more dangerous.
Swedish wasn't made the official language of Sweden until 2009.
The most frequently named bugs from the Bible are: Locust: 24 Moth: 11 Grasshopper: 10 Scorpion: 10 Caterpillar: 9 and Bee: 4.
Southern California has about 10 000 earthquakes each year though most are so small that they are never felt.
The Mosque of Paris helped Jews escape the Nazis by giving them Muslim IDs during WW2.
The "Shortfin Mako" Shark can accelerate faster than a Porsche.
Earth is the only planet whose name in English is not derived from a Greco-Roman God.
Carat weight can be 10 12 14 18 22 or 24. The higher the number the greater the purity.
Understanding English actually hurts professional players of English scrabble. Some of the world's best Scrabble players are Thai and can't speak English.
A ‘jiffy’ is a unit of time for 1/100th of a second.
There is a water reservoir floating in space that is equivalent to 140 trillion times all the water in the world's ocean.
Negative emotions such as anxiety and depression can weaken your immune system.
Women in Niger have an average of 7 children the world's highest rate.
Stewardesses is the longest word typed with only the left hand.
Giraffes can go longer without drinking water than camels can.
You can tell the age of a whale by counting the rings in its earwax.
Jet lag was once called boat lag before there were jets.
Uranus has only two seasons:Summer and Winter.
A whale’s heart beats only nine times a minute.
Your lungs can hold up to 5 minutes worth of oxygen.
Google is developing a computer so smart it can program itself.
- Alta syncs automatically and wirelessly to computers and 200+ leading iOS, Android and Windows devices using Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology. Syncing to computers requires Internet connection and USB port. Syncing to mobile devices requires Bluetooth and Internet connection. Syncing range: 20 feet
- Water Resistance: Alta is sweat, rain, splash proof. You can wear Alta in the shower, but we recommend rinsing and drying it afterwards because it's best for your skin if the band stays clean and dry. Battery life: lasts up to 5 days. Radio transceiver: Bluetooth 4.0
- We recommend charging your device every few days to ensure you are always tracking. Charge time: One to two hours
- Syncs with Windows Vista and later, Mac OS X 10.6 and up, iPhone 4S and later, iPad 3 gen. and later, and leading Android and Windows devices
- See simplified heart rate zones for quickly checking exercise intensity during workouts with PurePulse(TM) continuous, wrist-based heart rate monitoring (no uncomfortable chest strap required)
- Use multi-sport tracking to track runs, cardio, cross-training, biking and more. Effortlessly and automatically record other workouts to your dashboard with SmartTrack
- Enable connected GPS to map your routes and see run stats like pace and duration on display (when your phone is nearby)
- Track steps, distance, calories burned, floors climbed and active minutes. Stay connected with call, text & calendar alerts and notifications from your favorite apps like Gmail, Facebook and more (when phone is nearby).Start a FitStar workout on your wrist and get step-by-step instructions and graphics to ensure you complete each move correctly
- Track steps, distance, calories burned and active minutes
- See stats and time with a bright OLED tap display
- Automatically track how long and how well you sleep, and set a silent, vibrating alarm
- Personalize with interchangeable metal, leather and classic bands (sold separately)
- Get call, text and calendar notifications at a glance (when phone is nearby)