U2 singer Bono wears sunglasses all the time because he suffers from glaucoma an eye condition.
Debra Winger was the voice of E.T.
The average dolphin eats one-third of its weight on food each day.
Hallucinatory 'voices' seem to be shaped by local culture. In the U.S. the voices are harsh and threatening while those heard by schizophrenics in Africa and India tend to be more benign and playful.
Adolf Hitler was obsessed with America's Old West.
Rio de Janeiro's beaches have 1.7 million times the disease-causing viruses of what would be considered hazardous on a California beach.
"Rebellion to Tyrants is Obedience to God" was Benjamin Franklin's suggested motto for the Great Seal of the U.S.
Some people say that when the black bands on the Woolybear caterpillar are wide a cold winter is coming.
In London in 1916 Harrods was selling a kit described as "A Welcome Present for Friends at the Front" containing cocaine morphine syringes and needles.
Scientists believe cats are afraid of water because their ancestors lived in an area with very few large bodies of water and never had to learn how to swim.
In North Korea only military and government officials can own motor vehicles.
Martin Luther King Jr. received a C+ in public speaking at seminary school.
A cat inherited a fortune of US$13 million from its owner in Italy.
Dartboards are made out of horse hairs.
In Saudi Arabia UAE Sudan Brunei Qatar and others people who abandon Islam and convert to another religion may face the death penalty.
Tasmania Australia has the cleanest air in the inhabited world.
A blue whale's heart can be as large as a car.
The life span of giant pandas in the wild is approximately 20 years.
Only 1 in 6 Americans can find Ukraine on a map.
50% of giraffe calves do not survive their first 6 months due to predation from hyenas leopards and wild dogs.
The evidence linking humans and global warming is as strong as the link between smoking and lung cancer according to the American Association for the Advancement of Science.
Blueberry Jelly Bellies were created especially for Ronald Reagan.
While floating in lunar orbit astronaut Al Worden was 2 235 miles (3 600 km) away from his companions making him the most isolated human being ever.
Con artist Victor Lustig "sold" the Eiffel Tower to a scrap metal dealer.
Male bees die after having sex.
Nearly 13 000 Native Americans fought during World War I despite not having a U.S. citizenship.
"Canada" is an Iroquoian language word meaning "Village."
Rubber bands last longer when refrigerated.
Researchers found 1 458 new species of bacteria in belly buttons.
There are 5 planets you can see with the naked eye not using a telescope: Mercury Venus Mars Jupiter and Saturn.
Apiphobia is the fear of bees.
There are at least seven Christian churches in Antarctica.
The official city motto of Paris is "Fluctuat nec mergitur" meaning "She is tossed by the waves but does not sink."
Before alarm clocks were invented there were "knocker-ups" who went tapping on client's windows with long sticks until they were awake.
A Death Row study found that ice cream and pie were the most popular desserts for a last meal followed by cake.
Research conducted on comedians and funny people have shown they are usually more depressed than average.
In the great fire of London in 1666 half of London was burnt down but only 6 people were injured.
2 out of 3 inherited family fortunes are lost by the new generation a study in the U.S. found.
The average temperature in Mars is -81°F (-63°C).
Sharks have an astounding sense of smell so powerful that they can detect a single drop of blood in an Olympic-sized pool.
- Support for 8 devices is enabled at software setup - replaces up to 8 remotes, reducing complexity and clutter in your living room
- Bright color screen shows your channel favorite icons plus commands for easy navigation
- One-touch Activity buttons like "Watch a DVD" automatically switch the right devices to the right settings
- Compatible with 225,000+ devices from 5000+ brands, including devices you own today and add tomorrow
- Simple online setup using your PC or Mac
- VIZIO 2014 version dual side Qwerty keyboard Remote Control. with back-light
- Compatibility: VIZIO 401ia3, 401i-a3, E401ia3, E401i-a3, M321i-A2, M401i-A3, M471i-A2, M501D, M501DA2, M501D-A2, M501dA2R, M501d-A2R, M501i-A2, M551dA2, M551d-A2, M551dA2R, M551d-A2R, M551DAR2, M551D-AR2, M601DA3, M601d-A3, M651dA2, M651d-A2, M651D-A2R, M701DA3, M701d-A3, M801DA3, M801d-A3 LCD TV
- Works with Alexa for voice control
- Use your Smartphone (with available app) or included Harmony Remote for one-touch control of your entertainment system and home automation devices such as Philips Hue lights or Nest Learning Thermostat
- Companion remote includes full featured home entertainment controls including dedicated home automation controls
- Included Harmony Hub lets you control devices hidden behind cabinet doors or walls, including game consoles such as PS3, Wii, and Xbox 360
- Simple setup on computer or the available smartphone app - works with over 270,000 devices, including your TV, satellite or cable box, blu-ray player, Apple TV, Roku, Sonos, game consoles, Philips Hue lights, and more