In 1972 a pocket of uranium in Africa was found to have undergone self-sustaining nuclear fission for hundreds of thousands of years making it the only known naturally formed nuclear reactor.
Bill Gates’ first business was Traff-O-Data a company that created machines which recorded the number of cars passing a given point on a road.
Eating salmon helps hair grow faster.
First marriages that end in a divorce usually last approximately 8 years.
In Japan, it is completely acceptable to name your child ‘Buttocks’ or ‘Prostitute’.
Benjamin Franklin wrote "Fart Proudly" a scientific essay about farts.
The oldest video of cats on YouTube dates from 1894.
King John I of France was proclaimed king five months before he was born. He only lived for five days.
95% of a car's lifetime is spent parked.
There's one kosher butcher in Cuba. Fidel Castro personally allowed him to stay and serve 1 500 people practicing Judaism.
McDonald's Big Mac is used as an economic index to compare purchasing power between currencies and countries.
347 000 Tweets are sent every minute.
Men can lactate too but only under extreme circumstances.
There are tuition-free Universities in Finland Austria Norway Germany and Sweden with careers in English for international students.
Every minute more than 100 hours of video are uploaded to YouTube.
Earth is the only known place where a fire can occur naturally.
No two tigers ever have the same stripes, and this is how individual tigers can be identified.
In the course of an average lifetime you will while sleeping eat 70 assorted insects and 10 spiders.
Humans shed about 600 000 particles of skin every hour.
The word "volcano" originally comes from the name of the Roman god of fire Vulcan.
Penguins can jump up to 6 feet (1.8 m) out of the water.
The Pyramids of Giza were more ancient to the ancient Romans than Ancient Rome is ancient to us.
The Blue-ringed octopus is one of the world's most venomous marine animals: it can kill you in one bite there is no antivenom.
There is more CO2 (carbon dioxide) in the atmosphere today than at any point in the last 800 000 years.
Alex an African grey parrot was the first and only non-human animal to ask an existential question: he asked what color he was.
Leonardo Da Vinci's Mona Lisa became the world's most famous painting after it was stolen from the Louvre in 1911.
Tigers have striped skin not just striped fur.
Cephalacaudal recapitulation is the reason our extremities develop faster than the rest of us.
Adult elephants can’t jump.
Japan has more than 50 000 people who are over 100 years old.
Emus and kangaroos cannot walk backwards and are on the Australian coat of arms for that reason.
A pound of houseflies contains more protein than a pound of beef
All snow crystals are hexagonal.
People who work 11 hours or more a day are 67% more likely to have a heart attack than those with an 8-hour work day according to a study.
Almost 20% of Rio de Janeiro's males are gay or bisexual.
Uranus’ orbital axis is tilted at 90 degrees.
Jesus is mentioned more times in the Quran than Muhammad.
Google earns US$20 billion a year from advertising more than the primetime revenues of CBS NBC ABC and FOX combined.
In 1980 a Las Vegas hospital suspended workers for betting on when patients would die.
The word 'censorship' is censored in China.
- Connectivity: Wirelessly connect and control a wide range of compatible smart devices from 40+ partner brands, including voice assistants, lights & switches, speakers, cameras, sensors and more
- Home Automation: Teach the hub your Good Morning, Goodbye, Goodnight, and other routines to automatically turn devices on or off throughout the day
- 24/7 Monitoring: Receive app alerts from connected devices when there's unexpected activity in your home.Material: Plastic
- Voice Controls: Use voice commands to control connected devices using SmartThings and the Google Assistant
- Improved DIY Solution: Improved guided onboarding for easier setup. Hub connects with Wi-Fi so does not need to be connected to an Ethernet cable
- VOICE ACTIVATED: With the Philips Hue Smart Hub, add up to 50 Philips Hue smart lights of your choice with this ZigBee-controlled hub necessary for voice control with Alexa, Apple HomeKit, or Google Assistant
- CONTROL YOUR SMART LIGHTS FROM ANYWHERE: The heart of your Philips Hue system, this hue hub also enables you to control all of your Philips Hue products via the Philips Hue app, even when you're away from home
- FULLY AUTOMATE YOUR SMART HOME: Enhance your Philips Hue system by setting timers and alarms, connecting to a variety of apps, dimming the smart lights and more (cannot be used with conventional dimmers)
- EXPAND YOUR ECOSYSTEM: Easily expand your smart lighting system with Philips Hue accessories (sold separately), such as a Hue Dimmer Switch, Hue Tap, or Hue Motion Sensor. Pair it for home automation with your existing Nest or SmartThings system. Control your hue lights by connecting the Hue Hub to your router with the included ethernet network cable. This box also includes one Philips Hue Hub, power adapter, manual, and two-year warranty for the full Philips Hue experience
- CROSS-DEVICE COMPATIBILITY: HomeKit compatible iOS 9 or later. iPhone:4, 4S, 5, 5S, 6, 6 Plus, 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs Max, iPhone Xr, iPod touch: 5th generation.Network Connectivity:Wireless A,Wireless B,Wireless G,Wireless N
- Connect your Home: The brains of the Sengled system, the hub enables you to control up to 64 Sengled Smart lights and accessories with the hub. A hub is necessary to use a voice assistant, like Alexa and Google Assistant
- Easy to Install: Connect the Sengled Smart Hub to your router using the included Ethernet cable and use the in-app guide to set up
- Home Automation: Easily extend your smart home system across every room by connecting Sengled Smart LEDs and accessories to the hub, then automate
- Voice control: Connect the hub to Alexa or Google Assistant-enabled devices and use your voice to control your Sengled Smart LEDs and accessories
- One simple app: Control all your Sengled smart devices using the Sengled Home app (iOS/Android.) Set schedules, group devices and more to control all of your home's Sengled smart products