Snakes are unable to close their eyes. They can't blink and they must sleep with their eyes open.
In 1998, Sony accidentally sold 700,000 camcorders that had the technology to see through people’s clothes. These cameras had special lenses that use infrared light, which allowed you to see through some types of clothing.
Residents of New York City can get free condoms and lube by calling 311.
There are virtually no differences in brain anatomy between people with autism and those without.
If you could fold a piece of paper 50 times its thickness would exceed the distance from here to the Sun.
The first song played on Armed Forces Radio during operation Desert Shield was “Rock the Casba” by the Clash.
A newly-discovered species of rust-eating bacteria will have consumed the wreck of the Titanic within 20 years.
It takes 8.5 minutes for light to get from the sun to earth.
More people are killed each year from bees than from snakes.
Cats sleep for 70% of their lives.
The original 2014 World Cup's ball was produced in Pakistan.
Almost half the world's credit card frauds happen in the U.S.
The only country to protest against the German annexation of Austria of 1938 right before WW2 was Mexico.
Each year Americans throw out enough soda cans and bottles to reach the moon and back 20 times.
Car wrecks are the number one cause of death for Americans under 35.
Money isn’t made out of paper; it’s made out of cotton.
Drug possession and trafficking are punished in Singapore with the death penalty.
Iceland consumes more Coca-Cola per capita than any other nation.
Male bees will try to attract sex partners with orchid fragrance.
The FBI has a Twitter slang dictionary.
Pope Francis was the first public personality in Argentina to sign a petition for justice in the 1994 AMIA terrorist attack.
47% of U.S. smartphone owners say their smartphone is something they "couldn't live without."
There are 300 lakes beneath Antarctica that are kept from freezing by the warmth of Earth's core.
Disneyland opened in 1955.
Humans are killing 1 776 animals for food every second.
Giraffes make no sound. Not because they can't but they choose not to.
Einstein Darwin Allan Poe & Saddam Hussein all married their first cousins.
If you were to put Saturn in water it would float.
A rodent’s teeth never stop growing.
Life expectancy in the UK was around 47 in 1900; it is now 80.
The Soviets drilled the world's deepest hole into the earth for 14 years: it's 12 262 metres (40 230 ft) deep.
If the U.S. can raise its 34.5% recycling rate to 75% it will be the CO2 equivalent of removing 50 million cars from the road.
40%of births in the U.S. come from unmarried women.
To earn enough to buy a Big Mac the average person in India has to work almost 6 hours.
Homosexuality and abortion were decriminalised in Russia under Lenin's leadership.
Your heart will pump nearly 1.5 million barrels of blood during your lifetime enough to fill 200 train tank cars.
A hedgehog’s heart beats 300 times a minute on average.
Between 1974 and 1983 up to 30 000 people went "missing" in Argentina. Most were killed by the military junta running the country.
The population of Ireland still hasn't recovered from the famine of 1845-1852. It was at 8 million before the famine and is at 6.5 million today.
Only 10 police officers have been killed in Norway since WW2.
- Alta syncs automatically and wirelessly to computers and 200+ leading iOS, Android and Windows devices using Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology. Syncing to computers requires Internet connection and USB port. Syncing to mobile devices requires Bluetooth and Internet connection. Syncing range: 20 feet
- Water Resistance: Alta is sweat, rain, splash proof. You can wear Alta in the shower, but we recommend rinsing and drying it afterwards because it's best for your skin if the band stays clean and dry. Battery life: lasts up to 5 days. Radio transceiver: Bluetooth 4.0
- We recommend charging your device every few days to ensure you are always tracking. Charge time: One to two hours
- Syncs with Windows Vista and later, Mac OS X 10.6 and up, iPhone 4S and later, iPad 3 gen. and later, and leading Android and Windows devices
- See simplified heart rate zones for quickly checking exercise intensity during workouts with PurePulse(TM) continuous, wrist-based heart rate monitoring (no uncomfortable chest strap required)
- Use multi-sport tracking to track runs, cardio, cross-training, biking and more. Effortlessly and automatically record other workouts to your dashboard with SmartTrack
- Enable connected GPS to map your routes and see run stats like pace and duration on display (when your phone is nearby)
- Track steps, distance, calories burned, floors climbed and active minutes. Stay connected with call, text & calendar alerts and notifications from your favorite apps like Gmail, Facebook and more (when phone is nearby).Start a FitStar workout on your wrist and get step-by-step instructions and graphics to ensure you complete each move correctly
- Track steps, distance, calories burned and active minutes
- See stats and time with a bright OLED tap display
- Automatically track how long and how well you sleep, and set a silent, vibrating alarm
- Personalize with interchangeable metal, leather and classic bands (sold separately)
- Get call, text and calendar notifications at a glance (when phone is nearby)