In 1386 a pig in France was executed by public hanging for the murder of a child
Most Romans avoided being cruel to slaves. They used bonuses and branding to improve productivity just like modern employers.
You can tell the sex of a horse by its teeth. Most males have 40 females have 36.
Tiger Day is the last Sunday in September.
A song that gets stuck in your head is called an "earworm".
About one-third of designated drivers have at least one drink while carrying the title.
More gold is recoverable from a ton of personal computers than from 17 tons of gold ore.
In Dorset Minnesota a 3-year-old boy was elected as mayor .
In October 1941 more than 50 000 Jews were killed by Romanian troops in what is now known as the "Odessa massacre."
Abraham Lincoln was a licensed bartender.
60% of people needing mental health services in the U.S. don't get it often because of the stigma of seeking help.
There are approximately 450 million goats around the world.
The world's oceans contain nearly 20 million tons of gold.
The worlds oldest piece of chewing gum is 9000 years old!
Mathematician Paul Erdos could calculate in his head given a person's age how many seconds they had lived when he was just 4 years old.
McDonalds opens a new restaurant every 14.5 hours.
There are more people in slavery today than at any time in human history.
In the first quarter of 2014 Apple earned more than Google Facebook and Amazon combined.
64% of Americans don't believe global warming will seriously affect their way of life.
In 1968 a man built a platform off the coast of Italy and declared himself the President of his micronation. The Italian government seized control and blew it up with explosives.
A group of frogs is called an army.
A cheetahs lifespan is up to 12 years in the wild.
The world's longest hangover lasted 4 weeks after a Scotsman consumed 60 pints of beer.
The oldest house in the UK is nearly 6000 years old and has stone furniture that is still intact.
The eruption of Krakatoa in 1883 was the loudest sound in recorded history heard 3 000 miles (4800 KM) away.
The strongest muscle in proportion to its size in the human body is the tongue.
Thomas and George Crittenden were brothers who were both generals during the American Civil War: one for the North and the other for the South.
Mexico was named "New Spain" when Hernan Cortes conquered the territory from the Aztecs.
1 out of every 21 New Yorkers is a millionaire.
About seven million cars are junked each year in the U.S.
Babies are born without kneecaps. They don’t appear until the child reaches 2-6 years of age.
Air pollution in China increases snowfall in California.
People who regularly eat dinner or breakfast in restaurants double their risk of becoming obese.
6 million lives were saved by Bill Gates with vaccines and better healthcare.
Cats can get sick or die from eating chocolate.
Google intends to scan all known existing 129 million unique books before 2020.
8 of the 12 host cities for the 2014 FIFA World Cup in Brazil are among the 50 most violent cities in the world.
‘Penis Fencing’ is a scientific term for the mating ritual between flatworms. It involves two flatworms attempting to stab the other flatworm with their penis.
Every 2 weeks on average someone jumps off the Golden Gate Bridge.
It is impossible to sneeze with your eyes open
- Connectivity: Wirelessly connect and control a wide range of compatible smart devices from 40+ partner brands, including voice assistants, lights & switches, speakers, cameras, sensors and more
- Home Automation: Teach the hub your Good Morning, Goodbye, Goodnight, and other routines to automatically turn devices on or off throughout the day
- 24/7 Monitoring: Receive app alerts from connected devices when there's unexpected activity in your home.Material: Plastic
- Voice Controls: Use voice commands to control connected devices using SmartThings and the Google Assistant
- Improved DIY Solution: Improved guided onboarding for easier setup. Hub connects with Wi-Fi so does not need to be connected to an Ethernet cable
- VOICE ACTIVATED: With the Philips Hue Smart Hub, add up to 50 Philips Hue smart lights of your choice with this ZigBee-controlled hub necessary for voice control with Alexa, Apple HomeKit, or Google Assistant
- CONTROL YOUR SMART LIGHTS FROM ANYWHERE: The heart of your Philips Hue system, this hue hub also enables you to control all of your Philips Hue products via the Philips Hue app, even when you're away from home
- FULLY AUTOMATE YOUR SMART HOME: Enhance your Philips Hue system by setting timers and alarms, connecting to a variety of apps, dimming the smart lights and more (cannot be used with conventional dimmers)
- EXPAND YOUR ECOSYSTEM: Easily expand your smart lighting system with Philips Hue accessories (sold separately), such as a Hue Dimmer Switch, Hue Tap, or Hue Motion Sensor. Pair it for home automation with your existing Nest or SmartThings system. Control your hue lights by connecting the Hue Hub to your router with the included ethernet network cable. This box also includes one Philips Hue Hub, power adapter, manual, and two-year warranty for the full Philips Hue experience
- CROSS-DEVICE COMPATIBILITY: HomeKit compatible iOS 9 or later. iPhone:4, 4S, 5, 5S, 6, 6 Plus, 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs Max, iPhone Xr, iPod touch: 5th generation.Network Connectivity:Wireless A,Wireless B,Wireless G,Wireless N
- Connect your Home: The brains of the Sengled system, the hub enables you to control up to 64 Sengled Smart lights and accessories with the hub. A hub is necessary to use a voice assistant, like Alexa and Google Assistant
- Easy to Install: Connect the Sengled Smart Hub to your router using the included Ethernet cable and use the in-app guide to set up
- Home Automation: Easily extend your smart home system across every room by connecting Sengled Smart LEDs and accessories to the hub, then automate
- Voice control: Connect the hub to Alexa or Google Assistant-enabled devices and use your voice to control your Sengled Smart LEDs and accessories
- One simple app: Control all your Sengled smart devices using the Sengled Home app (iOS/Android.) Set schedules, group devices and more to control all of your home's Sengled smart products