47%of the U.S. remains unoccupied despite having a population of 310 million.
Oysters can change from one gender to another and back again depending on which is best for mating.
If you attempted to count the stars in a galaxy at a rate of one every second it would take around 3 000 years to count them all.
Alligators cannot move backwards.
If the amount of water in your body is reduced by just 1% you’ll feel thirsty.
The amount of computer Memory required to run WordPerfect for Win95 is 8 times the amount needed aboard the space shuttle.
A member of the French Foreign Legion wounded while defending France can immediately apply for French citizenship as he is "French by spilled blood"
A giraffe can go without water longer than a camel.
An average woman in the UK will own 111 handbags in her lifetime.
The smallest wage gap between men and women is to be found in New Zealand: under 5%.
New Yorkers bite 10 times more people than sharks do worldwide.
Prostitution is legal in Canada. Buying the services of a prostitute is not.
The Bible Steve Jobs' Bio and the Hunger Games are the most highlighted kindle books ever.
A crocodiles tongue is attached to the roof of its mouth.
North Korea is the world's only necrocracy: a government that still operates under the rules of a former dead leader.
50% of giraffe calves do not survive their first 6 months due to predation from hyenas leopards and wild dogs.
There is a newly found cockroach species in the U.S. that can survive freezing temperatures.
Alcohol is prohibited in the UK Parliament with one exception: the chancellor can drink while delivering the annual budget statement.
For 214 years until 2012 it was illegal in Paris France for women to wear trousers.
There are no Wal-Marts in New York City.
The male seahorse carries the eggs until they hatch instead of the female.
At birth, baby kangaroos are only about an inch long – no bigger than a large water bug or a queen bee.
Between 25% and 33% of the population sneeze when exposed to light.
“Almost” is the longest word in the English language with all the letters in alphabetical order.
Men account for 74.4% of lead roles in Hollywood movies.
A city in Texas renamed itself to "DISH Texas" in order to receive free Dish Satellite service for 10 years.
Over 500 girls have been named Hermione since the first 'Harry Potter' movie came out.
Research shows that if you're afraid of spiders you're more likely to find one in your bedroom.
Georgia’s state motto is “Wisdom Justice and Moderation.”
Tap water has a shelf-life of 6 months after which chlorine dissipates and bacteria starts to grow.
The Eiffel Tower was going to be demolished in 1909 but was saved because it was repurposed as a giant radio antenna.
A "butt" was a Medieval unit of measure for wine.
Months that begin on a Sunday will always have a “Friday the 13th.”
The chemical elements that make up your body are worth around US$160.
Gustave Eiffel the man who designed the Eiffel Tower was also behind the design for the Statue of Liberty's spine.
The Four Corners Monument is the only point in the U.S. shared by four states.
Table tennis is China's national sport.
There are more Siberian tigers living in captivity than in their native habitat.
There is approximately one chicken for every human being in the world.
Because of heavy traffic congestion Julius Caesar banned all wheeled vehicles from Rome during daylight hours.
- Alta syncs automatically and wirelessly to computers and 200+ leading iOS, Android and Windows devices using Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology. Syncing to computers requires Internet connection and USB port. Syncing to mobile devices requires Bluetooth and Internet connection. Syncing range: 20 feet
- Water Resistance: Alta is sweat, rain, splash proof. You can wear Alta in the shower, but we recommend rinsing and drying it afterwards because it's best for your skin if the band stays clean and dry. Battery life: lasts up to 5 days. Radio transceiver: Bluetooth 4.0
- We recommend charging your device every few days to ensure you are always tracking. Charge time: One to two hours
- Syncs with Windows Vista and later, Mac OS X 10.6 and up, iPhone 4S and later, iPad 3 gen. and later, and leading Android and Windows devices
- See simplified heart rate zones for quickly checking exercise intensity during workouts with PurePulse(TM) continuous, wrist-based heart rate monitoring (no uncomfortable chest strap required)
- Use multi-sport tracking to track runs, cardio, cross-training, biking and more. Effortlessly and automatically record other workouts to your dashboard with SmartTrack
- Enable connected GPS to map your routes and see run stats like pace and duration on display (when your phone is nearby)
- Track steps, distance, calories burned, floors climbed and active minutes. Stay connected with call, text & calendar alerts and notifications from your favorite apps like Gmail, Facebook and more (when phone is nearby).Start a FitStar workout on your wrist and get step-by-step instructions and graphics to ensure you complete each move correctly
- Track steps, distance, calories burned and active minutes
- See stats and time with a bright OLED tap display
- Automatically track how long and how well you sleep, and set a silent, vibrating alarm
- Personalize with interchangeable metal, leather and classic bands (sold separately)
- Get call, text and calendar notifications at a glance (when phone is nearby)