Speed dating was invented by a Rabbi in 1999.
Refined sugar is more addictive than cocaine.
At a jet plane’s speed of 1 000 km (620mi) per hour the length of the plane becomes one atom shorter than its original length.
If Walmart were a country it would be China's sixth-largest export market.
When scientist Niels Bohr won the Nobel Prize in 1922 the Carlsberg brewery gave him a perpetual supply of beer piped into his house.
The average U.S. worker stays at each of its jobs for 4.4 years.
It snowed in the Sahara desert for 30 minutes on the 18th February 1979.
Sweden has the least number of murders annually.
With 61 million inhabitants Italy is the 5th most populous country in Europe.
After Christianity the largest religious affiliation in the U.S. is Judaism.
Cherophobia is the fear of fun.
Rastafarians are legally allowed to possess marijuana in Italy due to it being a 'sacrament' to the religion.
A worm's mind has been mapped and replicated by scientists into a software that's now inside a Lego robot.
All of the bacteria in our body collectively weighs about 4 pounds.
Dogs and cats consume over $11 billion worth of pet food a year
In 1996 a man broke into a radio station in New Zealand held the manager hostage and demanded the station to play "Rainbow Connection" by Kermit the frog.
"Pistanthrophobia" is the fear of trusting people due to bad past experiences.
If your stomach acid got onto your skin it would burn a hole in it.
In 1999 an ex-prostitute in New Zealand Georgina Beyer became the world's first openly transsexual Member of Parliament.
U.S. Families living in extreme poverty with less than US$$2 per day has doubled to 1.5 million since 1996.
During a car crash 40% of drivers never even hit the brakes.
Tiger Day is the last Sunday in September.
The probability that you in any glass of water will find at least 1 molecule of water once drunk by Cleopatra is practically 100%.
A snake has no ears. But its tongue is extremely sensitive to sound vibrations. By flicking its tongue a snake can pick up sound waves-so a snake ‘hears with his tongue…sort of!
In the UK it is illegal to ride a hoverboard scooter in public.
Bulgarians are known to be the biggest yogurt eaters in the world.
In England you may urinate anywhere in public including inside a policeman's helmet if you are pregnant.
When sharks take a bite their eyes roll back and their teeth jut out.
48%of the world's population older than 15 claim to have never consumed alcohol.
In 2006, 253 fish-species were listed as critically endangered.
Americans spend an average of US$1 092 on coffee each year.
The Golden Gate Bridge is the #1 suicide site in the world.
The movie "Borat" was a huge hit in Israel in part because Borat's "Kazakh" lines were all actually in Hebrew.
75% of the artificial vanilla produced in the world is used for ice cream and as a flavoring for chocolate.
Chewing gum is banned in Singapore.
In 2012 a Somali Islamist militant group offered a bounty of 10 camels for President Obama and 2 for information on Hillary Clinton.
A manned rocket reaches the moon in less time than it took a stagecoach to travel the length of England.
79% of pet owners sleep with their pets.
NASA has a list of accurate space technology terms that writers can use in Science Fiction stories.
Abraham Lincoln actually hated to be called "Abe."
- Connectivity: Wirelessly connect and control a wide range of compatible smart devices from 40+ partner brands, including voice assistants, lights & switches, speakers, cameras, sensors and more
- Home Automation: Teach the hub your Good Morning, Goodbye, Goodnight, and other routines to automatically turn devices on or off throughout the day
- 24/7 Monitoring: Receive app alerts from connected devices when there's unexpected activity in your home.Material: Plastic
- Voice Controls: Use voice commands to control connected devices using SmartThings and the Google Assistant
- Improved DIY Solution: Improved guided onboarding for easier setup. Hub connects with Wi-Fi so does not need to be connected to an Ethernet cable
- VOICE ACTIVATED: With the Philips Hue Smart Hub, add up to 50 Philips Hue smart lights of your choice with this ZigBee-controlled hub necessary for voice control with Alexa, Apple HomeKit, or Google Assistant
- CONTROL YOUR SMART LIGHTS FROM ANYWHERE: The heart of your Philips Hue system, this hue hub also enables you to control all of your Philips Hue products via the Philips Hue app, even when you're away from home
- FULLY AUTOMATE YOUR SMART HOME: Enhance your Philips Hue system by setting timers and alarms, connecting to a variety of apps, dimming the smart lights and more (cannot be used with conventional dimmers)
- EXPAND YOUR ECOSYSTEM: Easily expand your smart lighting system with Philips Hue accessories (sold separately), such as a Hue Dimmer Switch, Hue Tap, or Hue Motion Sensor. Pair it for home automation with your existing Nest or SmartThings system. Control your hue lights by connecting the Hue Hub to your router with the included ethernet network cable. This box also includes one Philips Hue Hub, power adapter, manual, and two-year warranty for the full Philips Hue experience
- CROSS-DEVICE COMPATIBILITY: HomeKit compatible iOS 9 or later. iPhone:4, 4S, 5, 5S, 6, 6 Plus, 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs Max, iPhone Xr, iPod touch: 5th generation.Network Connectivity:Wireless A,Wireless B,Wireless G,Wireless N
- Connect your Home: The brains of the Sengled system, the hub enables you to control up to 64 Sengled Smart lights and accessories with the hub. A hub is necessary to use a voice assistant, like Alexa and Google Assistant
- Easy to Install: Connect the Sengled Smart Hub to your router using the included Ethernet cable and use the in-app guide to set up
- Home Automation: Easily extend your smart home system across every room by connecting Sengled Smart LEDs and accessories to the hub, then automate
- Voice control: Connect the hub to Alexa or Google Assistant-enabled devices and use your voice to control your Sengled Smart LEDs and accessories
- One simple app: Control all your Sengled smart devices using the Sengled Home app (iOS/Android.) Set schedules, group devices and more to control all of your home's Sengled smart products