During WW1 the Belgian King personally led the army the Queen served as a nurse and the 14-year-old Prince enlisted as a private.
After the Titanic sank the families of the band members were billed By White Star Line for the cost of the uniforms worn as the band members died.
Cats have +100 sounds in their vocal repertoire while dogs have only 10.
Any text you put into the status update box is sent to Facebook's servers even if you don't click the post button.
Poisoned milk killed Abraham Lincoln's mother when he was 9 years old.
Famous left-handed people include Napoleon Da Vinci Michelangelo Einstein Newton Bill Gates Oprah Obama and Jimi Hendrix.
Intelligent people have more zinc and copper in their hair.
The Blue-ringed octopus is one of the world's most venomous marine animals: it can kill you in one bite there is no antivenom.
In April 2013 someone hacked Associated Press' Twitter account and tweeted that 2 bombs had exploded at the White House. The stock market crashed within seconds.
Only half of a dolphin’s brain sleeps at a time. The other awake half makes the dolphin come up for air when needed to prevent drowning.
Men are less promiscuous when women are scarce.
Noctule bats fly before sunset, whereas Pipistrelles appear soon after sunset.
Elvis Presley bought Franklin Roosevelt's presidential yacht the Potomac for US$55 000.
The average speed of Heinz Ketchup squirt is .028 MPH.
Antarctica is the only continent without a time zone.
Cats have three eyelids.
There will be a 50% increase in lightning strikes by 2100 if global warming continues according to a scientific report.
The first female guest host of “Saturday Night Live” was Candace Bergen.
Ears and Nose never stop growing.
When Benjamin Franklin invented his own harmonica it became so popular in Europe that Mozart and Beethoven composed music for it.
Jet lag was once called boat lag before there were jets.
In the 16th century a London law forbade wife beating after 9:00 P.M. but only because the noise disturbed people's sleep.
Teddy bears were named after U.S. President Theodore 'Teddy' Roosevelt.
Two dogs were among the Titanic survivors.
If you lift a kangaroo’s tail off the ground it can’t hop.
The Irish surname prefix "Mac" means "son of " while "O" means "descendant of."
The Earth is smoother than a billiard ball if both were the same size.
If two octopuses approach each other and display dark colors the encounter is likely to escalate to physical confrontation.
Two-thirds of people tilt their head to the right when they kiss.
Money isn’t made out of paper; it’s made out of cotton.
Einstein's great breakthroughs came from visual experiments performed in his head rather than the lab.
92% of all new sold cars in Brazil use ethanol as fuel which is produced from sugar cane.
Over 90% of women who learn that they are carrying a baby with Down Syndrome will choose abortion over keeping their baby.
The population of Jews in the world is similar to the margin of error in the Chinese census.
If the Eiffel Tower was built today it would cost about US$31 million.
1%of Germany's population is genetically immune to HIV.
2 000 pounds of space dust and other space debris fall on the Earth every day.
More Colombians die every year from American tobacco than Americans die from Colombian cocaine.
The original word for "bear" has been lost. Medieval people thought that saying the ferocious animal's name would summon it so they used a euphemism that meant "the brown one" ("bear").
There is a Welsh-speaking part of Argentina. It has its own dialect of Welsh.
- Connectivity: Wirelessly connect and control a wide range of compatible smart devices from 40+ partner brands, including voice assistants, lights & switches, speakers, cameras, sensors and more
- Home Automation: Teach the hub your Good Morning, Goodbye, Goodnight, and other routines to automatically turn devices on or off throughout the day
- 24/7 Monitoring: Receive app alerts from connected devices when there's unexpected activity in your home.Material: Plastic
- Voice Controls: Use voice commands to control connected devices using SmartThings and the Google Assistant
- Improved DIY Solution: Improved guided onboarding for easier setup. Hub connects with Wi-Fi so does not need to be connected to an Ethernet cable
- VOICE ACTIVATED: With the Philips Hue Smart Hub, add up to 50 Philips Hue smart lights of your choice with this ZigBee-controlled hub necessary for voice control with Alexa, Apple HomeKit, or Google Assistant
- CONTROL YOUR SMART LIGHTS FROM ANYWHERE: The heart of your Philips Hue system, this hue hub also enables you to control all of your Philips Hue products via the Philips Hue app, even when you're away from home
- FULLY AUTOMATE YOUR SMART HOME: Enhance your Philips Hue system by setting timers and alarms, connecting to a variety of apps, dimming the smart lights and more (cannot be used with conventional dimmers)
- EXPAND YOUR ECOSYSTEM: Easily expand your smart lighting system with Philips Hue accessories (sold separately), such as a Hue Dimmer Switch, Hue Tap, or Hue Motion Sensor. Pair it for home automation with your existing Nest or SmartThings system. Control your hue lights by connecting the Hue Hub to your router with the included ethernet network cable. This box also includes one Philips Hue Hub, power adapter, manual, and two-year warranty for the full Philips Hue experience
- CROSS-DEVICE COMPATIBILITY: HomeKit compatible iOS 9 or later. iPhone:4, 4S, 5, 5S, 6, 6 Plus, 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs Max, iPhone Xr, iPod touch: 5th generation.Network Connectivity:Wireless A,Wireless B,Wireless G,Wireless N
- Connect your Home: The brains of the Sengled system, the hub enables you to control up to 64 Sengled Smart lights and accessories with the hub. A hub is necessary to use a voice assistant, like Alexa and Google Assistant
- Easy to Install: Connect the Sengled Smart Hub to your router using the included Ethernet cable and use the in-app guide to set up
- Home Automation: Easily extend your smart home system across every room by connecting Sengled Smart LEDs and accessories to the hub, then automate
- Voice control: Connect the hub to Alexa or Google Assistant-enabled devices and use your voice to control your Sengled Smart LEDs and accessories
- One simple app: Control all your Sengled smart devices using the Sengled Home app (iOS/Android.) Set schedules, group devices and more to control all of your home's Sengled smart products