More Guinness beer is drunk in Nigeria than Ireland.
The author of Jaws dedicated the last decade of his life to the preservation of sharks to make up for the mass hysteria he helped create.
Peanuts are not nuts. They are legumes.
While you sleep your brain filters out noises that might wake you up if it doesn't think you're in danger.
The Statue of Liberty used to have a reddish brown color.
Cy Twombly's painting "Untitled" is worth up to US$2 3 million.
Larry Lewis ran the 100-yard dash in 17.8 seconds in 1969 thereby setting a new world’s record for runners in the 100-years-or-older class. He was 101.
In France there’s a place called Y.
In 1989 an innocent man was punished with the death penalty in Texas because the jury confused him for another with the same name looks and height.
The inventor of the cruise control was blind.
You have about 70 000 thoughts a day.
When sharks take a bite their eyes roll back and their teeth jut out.
1 in 5 Americans believes that the world will end in their lifetime.
The strongest muscle in the human body is the masseter (jaw muscle).
Smoking causes 1 in every 5 deaths in the U.S. every year.
"Apollo 13" "Armageddon" and "Around the World in 80 Days" are among the movies NASA keeps aboard the International Space Station.
During WW2 India produced the largest volunteer Army in world history: over 2.5 million men. At least 38 Indians received the Victoria Cross or the George Cross.
Elephants and chimpanzees can display behavior patterns similar to post-traumatic stress disorder and depression.
Deer have no gall bladders.
The International Space Station is about the size of a football field.
Laughing 100 times is equivalent to 15 minutes of exercise on a stationary bicycle.
One giant panda usually needs between 2.5 to 4 square miles (10 million m2) of land to survive.
A cesium atom in an atomic clock beats 9 192 631 770 times a second.
The average chocolate bar contains 8 insect parts.
Researchers found 1 458 new species of bacteria in belly buttons.
A secretary once told Steve Jobs she was late for work because her car wouldn't start. That afternoon Jobs threw her a set of keys for a brand new Jaguar saying: "Here don't be late anymore."
Sweden and Norway formed a United Kingdom from 1814 to 1905.
Of a total of about 7 000 staff at Auschwitz only 750 were ever punished.
27 000 trees are felled each day for toilet paper.
If you keep a goldfish in a dark room it will lose its color.
A person can spontaneously burst into flames.
Happy as a clam is from the expression happy as a clam at high tide. Clams are only harvested when the tide is out.
Every Dog's mitochondrial DNA is 99.9% the same as a gray wolf.
Over 80% of women wear the wrong bra size.
Half of all bank robberies take place on a Friday.
About a third of all Jewish people alive at that time were murdered in the Holocaust.
A snake has no ears. But its tongue is extremely sensitive to sound vibrations. By flicking its tongue a snake can pick up sound waves-so a snake ‘hears with his tongue…sort of!
Drinking a cup of caffeinated coffee significantly improves blood flow.
Mars has the tallest known mountain on a planet of our Solar System with a height of 22 km (14 mi).
According to a textbook in North Korea Kim Jong Un learned to drive at age 3.
- Stimulates the pumping action of exercise and has multiple massage sessions.
- Pamper calves, ankles and feet
- Calms tired legs and soothes muscle fatigue
- Item size: Leg 15", Foot 11.5", and Thigh 27" x 9.5"
- Designed by a world-renowned Orthopedic Surgeon, the Healthy Stretch has been clinically tested to provide safe and productive stretching
- The Healthy Stretch decreases the risk of acute muscle strains and foot injuries
- Helps prevent chronic foot ailments like plantar fasciitis, flatfeet, knee, ankle, foot arthritis, diabetic forefoot ulcers, and stress fractures
- No need to worry about complicated systems, the Healthy Stretch is designed for everybody
- This is a device that you use before and after your workout, that you use bare footed to get a much deeper stretch than you could on your own
- Made of heavy-duty, durable and waterproof nylon with well padded semi-flexible covers.
- Versatile electronics accessories organiser specifically designed for well organised people.
- Three easy access mesh pockets expand to store multiple sizes of USB drive or small baby stuffs.
- Special zipper spaces for 2.5 Inch external hard drive (HDD), SSD cards, CF cards, power bank or baby diapers and etc.
- Dimension: L17.4"*W8.9"when open, about L9.5"*W4.3" after folded. Roll-up design fits in coat pocket or small space in any bag.