43%of the world's olive oil production is done in Spain.
In Japan watermelons are squared. It’s easier to stack them that way.
Over 100 000 people have applied for a one-way trip to colonize Mars in 2022.
Alabama was the first state in the United States to officially recognize Christmas in 1836.
Some dogs can smell dead bodies under water!
When we account for the pollution costs associated with gasoline it costs an extra US$3.80 per gallon.
Men account for 74.4% of lead roles in Hollywood movies.
Dogs wag their tails to the right when they're happy and to the left when they're frightened.
There's a zipline connecting Spain and Portugal. It's 2 365 ft (720 m) and 60 seconds long.
The life of a housefly is only 14 days.
The Titanic crew had no binoculars which may have helped them see the iceberg. They were inside a locker and the key was lost.
Leonardo Da Vinci invented scissors.
There's a colony in Brazil founded by 2 000 to 4 000 Confederate refugees who left the U.S. after losing the Civil War.
An Ostrich's eye is bigger than its brain.
In 2011 Twitter users tweeted the equivalent of 8 163 copies of "War and Peace" every day.
The average number of readers of any given published scientific paper is said to be 0.6.
If you were to take a taxicab from New York City to Los Angeles it would cost you $8 325.
Most people can survive for up to 2 months without eating but people can only live up to 11 days without sleeping.
The porpoise is second to man as the most intelligent animal on the planet.
Nowhere in the Bible does it say there were three wise men just three gifts.
The first Frenchman known to visit Japan was imprisoned tortured and killed because he tried to promote Christianity.
The most sensitive cluster of nerves is at the base of the spine.
Some people say that when the black bands on the Woolybear caterpillar are wide a cold winter is coming.
The Roman Emperor Gaius Caligula made his horse a senator.
India has more mobile phones than toilets.
80% of volcanic eruptions happen underwater.
Goats and octopus’ pupils of their eyes are rectangular.
Recycling one ton of paper saves 17 trees.
Company executives in China can get sentenced to death for committing fraud.
Pandas eat bamboo largely because they have no umami taste receptors. Meat tastes bland to them.
A McDonald's website for its workers tells them to avoid fast food.
Norway was ranked the world's #1 country in the 2014 Prosperity Index for wealth and well-being.
Ice melting in Antarctica has caused a small shift in gravity in the region.
Leonardo Da Vinci invented scissors.
Lawn darts are illegal in Canada.
1 in 3 people feels more dissatisfied with their lives after visiting Facebook according to a study.
Estimates for the total number of people killed in wars throughout all of human history range from 150 million to 1 billion.
The word “samba” means “to rub navels together.”
The city with the most Roll Royces per capita: Hong Kong
There is a gypsy tribe in India that celebrates death as one of the happiest events in their lives while treating births with great grief.
- Alta syncs automatically and wirelessly to computers and 200+ leading iOS, Android and Windows devices using Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology. Syncing to computers requires Internet connection and USB port. Syncing to mobile devices requires Bluetooth and Internet connection. Syncing range: 20 feet
- Water Resistance: Alta is sweat, rain, splash proof. You can wear Alta in the shower, but we recommend rinsing and drying it afterwards because it's best for your skin if the band stays clean and dry. Battery life: lasts up to 5 days. Radio transceiver: Bluetooth 4.0
- We recommend charging your device every few days to ensure you are always tracking. Charge time: One to two hours
- Syncs with Windows Vista and later, Mac OS X 10.6 and up, iPhone 4S and later, iPad 3 gen. and later, and leading Android and Windows devices
- See simplified heart rate zones for quickly checking exercise intensity during workouts with PurePulse(TM) continuous, wrist-based heart rate monitoring (no uncomfortable chest strap required)
- Use multi-sport tracking to track runs, cardio, cross-training, biking and more. Effortlessly and automatically record other workouts to your dashboard with SmartTrack
- Enable connected GPS to map your routes and see run stats like pace and duration on display (when your phone is nearby)
- Track steps, distance, calories burned, floors climbed and active minutes. Stay connected with call, text & calendar alerts and notifications from your favorite apps like Gmail, Facebook and more (when phone is nearby).Start a FitStar workout on your wrist and get step-by-step instructions and graphics to ensure you complete each move correctly
- Track steps, distance, calories burned and active minutes
- See stats and time with a bright OLED tap display
- Automatically track how long and how well you sleep, and set a silent, vibrating alarm
- Personalize with interchangeable metal, leather and classic bands (sold separately)
- Get call, text and calendar notifications at a glance (when phone is nearby)