Drinking too much water can cause a water intoxication.
15%of American adults do not use the Internet.
Since 2015 throwing away food is illegal in Seattle.
Novelist Stephen King said that Professor Umbridge from the Harry Potter series is the "greatest make-believe villain to come along since Hannibal Lecter."
The first webcam was created in Cambridge to check the status of a coffee pot.
To escape the grip of a crocodile’s jaws push your thumbs into its eyeballs – it will let you go instantly.
The Aztecs sacrificed 1% of their population every year or about 250 000 people.
France was the first country to introduce the license plate.
The Chinese soft-shelled turtle is the first animal known to pee via its mouth.
90% of everything written in English uses just 1 000 words.
"Sphenopalatine ganglioneuralgia"is the scientific term for brain freeze.
Due to precipitation for a few weeks K2 is taller than Mt. Everest.
The glue on Israeli postage stamps is certified kosher.
As late as 1985 doctors believed babies didn't feel pain and conducted surgeries with no anesthesia.
The Mimic Octopus can impersonate up to 15 marine species including Sea Snakes Stingrays Lionfishes and Jellyfishes.
In Finland slot machines are monopolized by a non-profit company that gives all its earnings to charity.
It is believed that Shakespeare was 46 around the time that the King James Version of the Bible was written. In Psalms 46 the 46th word from the first word is shake and the 46th word from the last word is spear.
Men can read smaller print than women; women can hear better.
3.4 million people die each year from water-related causes.
A herd of sixty cows is capable of producing a ton of milk in less than a day.
In the great fire of London in 1666 half of London was burnt down but only 6 people were injured.
Most household dust is made of dead skin cells.
When you donate your body to science it can get used as a crash test dummy for medical training forensic research or to save a life through organ transplants.
The British Navy uses Britney Spears' songs to scare off Somali pirates.
A “jiffy” is the scientific name for 1/100th of a second.
23% of all photocopier faults worldwide are caused by people sitting on them and photocopying their butts.
In 2011 Twitter users tweeted the equivalent of 8 163 copies of "War and Peace" every day.
A Czech man Jan Honza Zampa holds the record for drinking one liter of beer in 4.11 seconds.
During WW2 when Hitler visited Paris the French cut the lift cables on the Eiffel Tower so that Hitler would have to climb the steps if he wanted to reach the top.
The average American eats 25 pounds (11.3 KG) of candy each year.
The electric chair was invented by a dentist.
Lincoln's assassin was a famous actor and Lincoln himself was a fan of him.
Berlin is 9 times bigger than Paris and has more bridges than Venice.
There are still cases of bubonic plague reported in the U.S. every year.
In 1818 the argentine pirate Hippolyte Bouchard attacked Monterey California. After an hour of combat Argentina's flag flew over it.
A flock of crows is known as a murder.
When opossums are playing ‘possum they are not “playing.” They actually pass out from sheer terror.
Pregnant women have about 50% more blood by week 20 of pregnancy than they did before they conceived.
All champagne is produced in the Champagne region in France. Otherwise it is called sparkling wine.
If you search for "askew" in Google the content will tilt slightly to the right.
- Connectivity: Wirelessly connect and control a wide range of compatible smart devices from 40+ partner brands, including voice assistants, lights & switches, speakers, cameras, sensors and more
- Home Automation: Teach the hub your Good Morning, Goodbye, Goodnight, and other routines to automatically turn devices on or off throughout the day
- 24/7 Monitoring: Receive app alerts from connected devices when there's unexpected activity in your home.Material: Plastic
- Voice Controls: Use voice commands to control connected devices using SmartThings and the Google Assistant
- Improved DIY Solution: Improved guided onboarding for easier setup. Hub connects with Wi-Fi so does not need to be connected to an Ethernet cable
- VOICE ACTIVATED: With the Philips Hue Smart Hub, add up to 50 Philips Hue smart lights of your choice with this ZigBee-controlled hub necessary for voice control with Alexa, Apple HomeKit, or Google Assistant
- CONTROL YOUR SMART LIGHTS FROM ANYWHERE: The heart of your Philips Hue system, this hue hub also enables you to control all of your Philips Hue products via the Philips Hue app, even when you're away from home
- FULLY AUTOMATE YOUR SMART HOME: Enhance your Philips Hue system by setting timers and alarms, connecting to a variety of apps, dimming the smart lights and more (cannot be used with conventional dimmers)
- EXPAND YOUR ECOSYSTEM: Easily expand your smart lighting system with Philips Hue accessories (sold separately), such as a Hue Dimmer Switch, Hue Tap, or Hue Motion Sensor. Pair it for home automation with your existing Nest or SmartThings system. Control your hue lights by connecting the Hue Hub to your router with the included ethernet network cable. This box also includes one Philips Hue Hub, power adapter, manual, and two-year warranty for the full Philips Hue experience
- CROSS-DEVICE COMPATIBILITY: HomeKit compatible iOS 9 or later. iPhone:4, 4S, 5, 5S, 6, 6 Plus, 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs Max, iPhone Xr, iPod touch: 5th generation.Network Connectivity:Wireless A,Wireless B,Wireless G,Wireless N
- Connect your Home: The brains of the Sengled system, the hub enables you to control up to 64 Sengled Smart lights and accessories with the hub. A hub is necessary to use a voice assistant, like Alexa and Google Assistant
- Easy to Install: Connect the Sengled Smart Hub to your router using the included Ethernet cable and use the in-app guide to set up
- Home Automation: Easily extend your smart home system across every room by connecting Sengled Smart LEDs and accessories to the hub, then automate
- Voice control: Connect the hub to Alexa or Google Assistant-enabled devices and use your voice to control your Sengled Smart LEDs and accessories
- One simple app: Control all your Sengled smart devices using the Sengled Home app (iOS/Android.) Set schedules, group devices and more to control all of your home's Sengled smart products