All porcupines float in water.
In the 1980s the Statue of Liberty was found to suffer galvanic corrosion meaning it had turned into a giant battery due to its paint and metal being exposed to salt water.
Dragonflies are capable of flying sixty miles per hour making them one of the fastest insects. This is good since they are in a big hurry as they only live about twenty-four hours.
In 2013 an Italian man under house arrest asked to go to prison to escape his wife.
If Manhattan had the same population density as Alaska only 28 people would live on the island.
Everyday more money is printed for Monopoly sets than for the U.S. Treasury.
In the UK you can never be more than 70 miles away from the sea.
Termites have been known to eat food twice as fast when heavy metal music is playing.
Brazil is the 5th largest country in the world.
There is more CO2 (carbon dioxide) in the atmosphere today than at any point in the last 800 000 years.
A drink of rum and coke is called a "Cuba Libre" (Free Cuba) in Latin America except in Cuba where it is called a "mentirita" (little lie).
Dogs are as smart as a 2-year-old baby. They can learn and understand over 150 words.
Your brain generates 25 watts of power while you’re awake. This amount of energy is enough to illuminate a lightbulb.
In the UK accents change noticeably about every 25 miles (40km).
The Earth's core is about as hot as the sun.
Jurassic Park Pulp Fiction Forrest Gump and The Shawshank Redemption were all in theatres at the same time in October of 1994.
The only real person to be a Pez head was Betsy Ross.
In a lifetime your brain's long-term memory can hold as many as 1 quadrillion (1 million billion) separate bits of information.
Ten percent of the Russian government’s income comes from the sale of vodka.
Upon losing battles, apes will tend to masturbate.
Your stomach has to produce a new layer of mucus every 2 weeks otherwise it will digest itself.
Due to precipitation for a few weeks K2 is taller than Mt. Everest.
There is no Left Brain/Right Brain Divide. It's a myth. They work together.
Christopher Columbus once punished a man found guilty of stealing corn by having his ears and nose cut off and then selling him into slavery.
Coconuts kill about 150 people each year. That’s more than sharks.
In middle school 74% of girls express interest in Science Technology Engineering and Math but when choosing a college major just 0.4% of high school girls select computer science.
Scientists want to introduce global warming on Mars to make life habitable for colonization.
The Russian mayor of Megion west Siberia banned excuses.
A group of hares is called a Husk.
The Irish surname prefix "Mac" means "son of " while "O" means "descendant of."
The largest elephant on record weighed about 24 000 pounds (10 886 kg) with a height of 13 feet (3.96 m).
If Texas were a country its GNP would be the fifth largest of any country in the world.
In 2013 a man bought a house next to his ex-wife just to install a giant middle finger statue for her to see every day.
Every US president has worn glasses (just not always in public).
The lack of physical activity is one of the leading causes of preventable death worldwide.
In Japan's Apple Store there was a fan who started waiting in line 7 months early for iPhone 6.
8 billion chickens are consumed in the U.S. each year.
Men spend almost a year of their lives staring at women a survey found.
In “Silence of the Lambs” Hannibal Lector (Anthony Hopkins) never blinks.
JFK bought 1 200 cuban cigars just hours before signing the embargo against Cuba.
- Alta syncs automatically and wirelessly to computers and 200+ leading iOS, Android and Windows devices using Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology. Syncing to computers requires Internet connection and USB port. Syncing to mobile devices requires Bluetooth and Internet connection. Syncing range: 20 feet
- Water Resistance: Alta is sweat, rain, splash proof. You can wear Alta in the shower, but we recommend rinsing and drying it afterwards because it's best for your skin if the band stays clean and dry. Battery life: lasts up to 5 days. Radio transceiver: Bluetooth 4.0
- We recommend charging your device every few days to ensure you are always tracking. Charge time: One to two hours
- Syncs with Windows Vista and later, Mac OS X 10.6 and up, iPhone 4S and later, iPad 3 gen. and later, and leading Android and Windows devices
- See simplified heart rate zones for quickly checking exercise intensity during workouts with PurePulse(TM) continuous, wrist-based heart rate monitoring (no uncomfortable chest strap required)
- Use multi-sport tracking to track runs, cardio, cross-training, biking and more. Effortlessly and automatically record other workouts to your dashboard with SmartTrack
- Enable connected GPS to map your routes and see run stats like pace and duration on display (when your phone is nearby)
- Track steps, distance, calories burned, floors climbed and active minutes. Stay connected with call, text & calendar alerts and notifications from your favorite apps like Gmail, Facebook and more (when phone is nearby).Start a FitStar workout on your wrist and get step-by-step instructions and graphics to ensure you complete each move correctly
- Track steps, distance, calories burned and active minutes
- See stats and time with a bright OLED tap display
- Automatically track how long and how well you sleep, and set a silent, vibrating alarm
- Personalize with interchangeable metal, leather and classic bands (sold separately)
- Get call, text and calendar notifications at a glance (when phone is nearby)