90% of US$ bills carry traces of cocaine.
The type of music you listen to affects the way you perceive the world.
The terms "UK" and "Great Britain" are not interchangeable: the United Kingdom includes Northern Ireland while Great Britain does not.
Our eyes are always the same size from birth but our nose and ears never stop growing.
The word "Dinosaur" comes from the ancient Greek and means "terrible lizard".
The stunt doubles for Charlize Theron and Tom Hardy in the movie "Mad Max: Fury Road" fell in love on set and got married.
Of the past 3 400 years humans have been entirely at peace for 268 of them or just 8% of recorded history.
At a jet plane’s speed of 1 000 km (620mi) per hour the length of the plane becomes one atom shorter than its original length.
60 000 plastic bags are being used in the U.S. every 5 seconds.
Canada has the largest coastline in the world.
There's a shark in Greenland that eats polar bears and can live up to 200 years.
People who work 11 hours or more a day are 67% more likely to have a heart attack than those with an 8-hour work day according to a study.
"LOL" used to mean "lots of love" before the Internet.
Horatio Nelson one of England’s most illustrious admirals was throughout his life never able to find a cure for his sea-sickness.
There's one kosher butcher in Cuba. Fidel Castro personally allowed him to stay and serve 1 500 people practicing Judaism.
1 in 3 Americans is obese.
In 1963 Albert Heineken created a beer bottle that could also be used as a brick to build sustainable housing in impoverished countries.
Argentina has the highest number of psychiatrists per capita in the world.
Calvin Klein's "Obsession for Men" is spread in camera traps because it attracts wild cats and other animals.
Elephants can’t jump. Every other mammal can.
Your mobile phone has more computing power than the computers used for the Apollo 11 moon landing.
Catnip is a natural cockroach repellent.
The record for the longest period without sleep is 11 days.
47% of U.S. smartphone owners say their smartphone is something they "couldn't live without."
Butterflies can see red green and yellow.
Anne Frank was posthumously baptized "by proxy" into Mormonism at least 9 times.
Tuberculosis killed 1.5 million people worldwide in 2014 making it a larger cause of death than AIDS.
Hydrogen gas is the least dense substance in the world at 0.08988g/cc. Hydrogen solid is the most dense substance in the world at 70.6g/cc.
During the American Civil War Generals were 50% more likely to die in combat than Privates.
There's a laser procedure to change one's eye color from brown to blue as blue eyes exist under all brown eyes.
Shorter women have shorter pregnancies a study found.
It is impossible to lick your elbow.
The women of the Mursi tribe in Africa wear plates on their lips that can be as large as 5 inches (12 cm) in diameter.
The primary founder and the first Prime Minister of Israel David Ben-Gurion was an atheist.
A sardine is not a species of fish but a name that can apply to many small varieties of pickled fish including herring and pilchard.
French poodles did not originate in France – they came from Germany.
Cockroaches can make group decisions. When 50 cockroaches are presented with 3 shelters that can only house 40 they'll split evenly into two groups and leave one shelter empty.
Even a small amount of alcohol placed on a scorpion will make it go crazy and sting itself to death!
The top butterfly flight speed is 12 miles per hour. Some moths can fly 25 miles per hour!
Chocolate magnate Milton Hershey canceled his reservations for the Titanic due to last minute business matters.
- Alta syncs automatically and wirelessly to computers and 200+ leading iOS, Android and Windows devices using Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology. Syncing to computers requires Internet connection and USB port. Syncing to mobile devices requires Bluetooth and Internet connection. Syncing range: 20 feet
- Water Resistance: Alta is sweat, rain, splash proof. You can wear Alta in the shower, but we recommend rinsing and drying it afterwards because it's best for your skin if the band stays clean and dry. Battery life: lasts up to 5 days. Radio transceiver: Bluetooth 4.0
- We recommend charging your device every few days to ensure you are always tracking. Charge time: One to two hours
- Syncs with Windows Vista and later, Mac OS X 10.6 and up, iPhone 4S and later, iPad 3 gen. and later, and leading Android and Windows devices
- See simplified heart rate zones for quickly checking exercise intensity during workouts with PurePulse(TM) continuous, wrist-based heart rate monitoring (no uncomfortable chest strap required)
- Use multi-sport tracking to track runs, cardio, cross-training, biking and more. Effortlessly and automatically record other workouts to your dashboard with SmartTrack
- Enable connected GPS to map your routes and see run stats like pace and duration on display (when your phone is nearby)
- Track steps, distance, calories burned, floors climbed and active minutes. Stay connected with call, text & calendar alerts and notifications from your favorite apps like Gmail, Facebook and more (when phone is nearby).Start a FitStar workout on your wrist and get step-by-step instructions and graphics to ensure you complete each move correctly
- Track steps, distance, calories burned and active minutes
- See stats and time with a bright OLED tap display
- Automatically track how long and how well you sleep, and set a silent, vibrating alarm
- Personalize with interchangeable metal, leather and classic bands (sold separately)
- Get call, text and calendar notifications at a glance (when phone is nearby)