For the 4th consecutive year Google was named the best company to work for in the U.S. by Fortune Mag in 2014.
Scotland has more redheads than any other part of the world.
Under their fur polar bears have black skin.
Kuwait is about 60% male (highest in the world). Latvia is about 54% female (highest in the world).
Arabic is an official language in Israel along with Hebrew.
The ZIP in “ZIP code” means Zoning Improvement Plan.
Beetles taste like apples wasps like pine nuts and worms like fried bacon.
The NAZIs considered Native Americans to be part of the Aryan race.
There are about 1 500 active volcanoes in the world.
New York is the unhappiest city in the U.S. a 2014 research found.
There are four times as many abandoned houses as there are homeless people in New York City.
Aurophobia is the fear of gold.
Martin Luther King Jr. was the youngest person to ever win the Nobel Peace Prize.
Ancient Rome had a 4-story-tall shopping mall with 150 shops and offices.
When scientist Niels Bohr won the Nobel Prize in 1922 the Carlsberg brewery gave him a perpetual supply of beer piped into his house.
Bill Gates pays over US$1 million per year in property taxes for his house.
A Virginia law requires all bathtubs to be kept inside the house
No two tigers ever have the same stripes, and this is how individual tigers can be identified.
A fingerprint is to a human as a nose is to a cat.
Later school start times improve sleep and daytime functioning in adolescents a study says.
The oldest house in the UK is nearly 6000 years old and has stone furniture that is still intact.
The world consumes close to 2.25 billion cups of coffee every day.
Rats multiply so quickly that in 18 months two rats could have over a million descendants.
There's a blue planet where it rains glass.
The most dogs ever owned by one person were 5,000 Mastiffs owned by Kubla Khan.
Some sloths remain hanging from branches even after death.
Scientists can grow teeth from urine.
Nelson Mandela was banned from entering the U.S. and needed a special waiver until 2008.
Abraham Lincoln was shot on Good Friday.
In Kentucky it is illegal to carry ice-cream in your back pocket.
A person can spontaneously burst into flames.
A baby is born on its predicted due date just 4% of the time.
George Washington was worth US$525 million in his day when adjusted for inflation.
During WW2 Allied forces sunk 3 ships carrying concentration camp survivors by accident killing almost 10 000 survivors.
An anteater is nearly 6 feet long, yet its mouth is only an inch wide.
The Eiffel Tower was going to be demolished in 1909 but was saved because it was repurposed as a giant radio antenna.
HP Printer black ink is more expensive than blood.
The cigarette lighter was invented before the match.
Tortoises Orbited the Moon Before Astronauts Did: They Were Sent to Test a Russian Space Probe.
The average American spends US$ 7 852 on food every year.
- Alta syncs automatically and wirelessly to computers and 200+ leading iOS, Android and Windows devices using Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology. Syncing to computers requires Internet connection and USB port. Syncing to mobile devices requires Bluetooth and Internet connection. Syncing range: 20 feet
- Water Resistance: Alta is sweat, rain, splash proof. You can wear Alta in the shower, but we recommend rinsing and drying it afterwards because it's best for your skin if the band stays clean and dry. Battery life: lasts up to 5 days. Radio transceiver: Bluetooth 4.0
- We recommend charging your device every few days to ensure you are always tracking. Charge time: One to two hours
- Syncs with Windows Vista and later, Mac OS X 10.6 and up, iPhone 4S and later, iPad 3 gen. and later, and leading Android and Windows devices
- See simplified heart rate zones for quickly checking exercise intensity during workouts with PurePulse(TM) continuous, wrist-based heart rate monitoring (no uncomfortable chest strap required)
- Use multi-sport tracking to track runs, cardio, cross-training, biking and more. Effortlessly and automatically record other workouts to your dashboard with SmartTrack
- Enable connected GPS to map your routes and see run stats like pace and duration on display (when your phone is nearby)
- Track steps, distance, calories burned, floors climbed and active minutes. Stay connected with call, text & calendar alerts and notifications from your favorite apps like Gmail, Facebook and more (when phone is nearby).Start a FitStar workout on your wrist and get step-by-step instructions and graphics to ensure you complete each move correctly
- Track steps, distance, calories burned and active minutes
- See stats and time with a bright OLED tap display
- Automatically track how long and how well you sleep, and set a silent, vibrating alarm
- Personalize with interchangeable metal, leather and classic bands (sold separately)
- Get call, text and calendar notifications at a glance (when phone is nearby)