David Bowie performed at the Berlin Wall in 1987 while East Germans gathered to listen behind. You could hear them cheering and singing along from the other side.
By the end of 1993 there were only 623 websites on the World Wide Web.
Germany's debt from WW1 was equivalent to 96 000 tons of gold.
There is a tree called Fruit Salad Tree that sprouts 3 to 7 different fruits in the same tree.
Barack Obama has the most followers on Twitter of any world leader.
If Ancient Rome's Colosseum was built today it would cost about US$380 million.
In the U.S. it costs US$245 000 to raise a child before college.
Dibble means to drink like a duck.
Ancient Egyptians shaved off their eyebrows to mourn the deaths of their cats.
Madonna suffers from garophobia which is the fear of thunder.
A Japanese pilot who attacked a town in Oregon during WW2 returned years later to present his family's 400-year-old sword as a symbol of regret.
The couch gag is actually a trick used by the writers to make the show longer or shorter.
Angel Falls in Venezuela is the world’s highest waterfall at 3 212 feet (979 m).
There are 293 ways to make change for a dollar.
The only casualty of the first bomb in WW2 to fall on British soil was a rabbit.
Ghosts appear in 4 Shakespearian plays; Julius Caesar Richard III Hamlet and Macbeth.
Polar bears can eat as many as 86 penguins in a single sitting.
The most frequently named bugs from the Bible are: Locust: 24 Moth: 11 Grasshopper: 10 Scorpion: 10 Caterpillar: 9 and Bee: 4.
Nowhere in the Bible does it say there were three wise men just three gifts.
Since at least the time of Pythagoras in 500 BC no educated person believed the Earth was flat.
If you commit suicide in Japan by jumping in front of a train the family of the deceased will be charged a disruption fee.
When giraffes age, their fur darkens.
A pregnant goldfish is called a twit.
All of the world's energy needs can be met with 1/10 000th of the light from the Sun that falls on Earth each day according to the inventor Ray Kurzweil.
Drug possession and trafficking are punished in Singapore with the death penalty.
The poorest place in the U.S. is Allen South Dakota where 96% are Native American.
Premature babies are more likely to be left-handed many studies suggest.
Barry Manilow didn't write his song called "I write the songs".
Animals avoid power lines because they see frightening ultraviolet flashes that are invisible to humans.
Coffee is the world's second most valuable traded commodity only behind petroleum.
Each year, there are more than 40,000 toilet related injuries in the United States.
In India there is a vigilante group called the "Love Commandos" that offers protection from harassment to couples from different castes who fall in love.
Changing the US$1 bill for a US$1 coin would save US$4.4 billion in 30 years.
Dr. Ruth the famous sex therapist was once a sniper in the Israeli army.
Performing the Nazi salute in Germany is a criminal offence punishable by up to 3 years in prison.
The U.S. has 19 aircraft carriers compared to the rest of the world's 12 aircraft carriers combined.
Isaac Newton's Principia Mathematica contained a simple calculation error that went unnoticed for 300 years.
A 10-Year-Old Goldfish Had a 45-Minute Surgery To Remove A Tumor in 2014.
The world's biggest family lives together in India: a man with 39 wives and 94 children.
Soccer player Didier Drogba is credited with brokering a cease-fire in his home country of Ivory Coast that brought a five-year civil war to an end.
- Connectivity: Wirelessly connect and control a wide range of compatible smart devices from 40+ partner brands, including voice assistants, lights & switches, speakers, cameras, sensors and more
- Home Automation: Teach the hub your Good Morning, Goodbye, Goodnight, and other routines to automatically turn devices on or off throughout the day
- 24/7 Monitoring: Receive app alerts from connected devices when there's unexpected activity in your home.Material: Plastic
- Voice Controls: Use voice commands to control connected devices using SmartThings and the Google Assistant
- Improved DIY Solution: Improved guided onboarding for easier setup. Hub connects with Wi-Fi so does not need to be connected to an Ethernet cable
- VOICE ACTIVATED: With the Philips Hue Smart Hub, add up to 50 Philips Hue smart lights of your choice with this ZigBee-controlled hub necessary for voice control with Alexa, Apple HomeKit, or Google Assistant
- CONTROL YOUR SMART LIGHTS FROM ANYWHERE: The heart of your Philips Hue system, this hue hub also enables you to control all of your Philips Hue products via the Philips Hue app, even when you're away from home
- FULLY AUTOMATE YOUR SMART HOME: Enhance your Philips Hue system by setting timers and alarms, connecting to a variety of apps, dimming the smart lights and more (cannot be used with conventional dimmers)
- EXPAND YOUR ECOSYSTEM: Easily expand your smart lighting system with Philips Hue accessories (sold separately), such as a Hue Dimmer Switch, Hue Tap, or Hue Motion Sensor. Pair it for home automation with your existing Nest or SmartThings system. Control your hue lights by connecting the Hue Hub to your router with the included ethernet network cable. This box also includes one Philips Hue Hub, power adapter, manual, and two-year warranty for the full Philips Hue experience
- CROSS-DEVICE COMPATIBILITY: HomeKit compatible iOS 9 or later. iPhone:4, 4S, 5, 5S, 6, 6 Plus, 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs Max, iPhone Xr, iPod touch: 5th generation.Network Connectivity:Wireless A,Wireless B,Wireless G,Wireless N
- Connect your Home: The brains of the Sengled system, the hub enables you to control up to 64 Sengled Smart lights and accessories with the hub. A hub is necessary to use a voice assistant, like Alexa and Google Assistant
- Easy to Install: Connect the Sengled Smart Hub to your router using the included Ethernet cable and use the in-app guide to set up
- Home Automation: Easily extend your smart home system across every room by connecting Sengled Smart LEDs and accessories to the hub, then automate
- Voice control: Connect the hub to Alexa or Google Assistant-enabled devices and use your voice to control your Sengled Smart LEDs and accessories
- One simple app: Control all your Sengled smart devices using the Sengled Home app (iOS/Android.) Set schedules, group devices and more to control all of your home's Sengled smart products