Rainbows are actually Circular. We don't typically see a full circle rainbow because the Earth's horizon blocks the lower part.
In older versions of Little Red Riding Hood the girl and the wolf eat grandma together.
The top 10% of American alcohol consumers ingest about 10 drinks per day.
In the early 1940s the FCC assigned television’s Channel 1 to mobile services (like two-way radios in taxis) but did not re-number the other channel assignments.
Only 10 police officers have been killed in Norway since WW2.
The Death Penalty is legal in 32 U.S. states.
A man called Harold Hackett has put over 4800 messages in bottles into the ocean and has gotten 3000 responses back.
Anatidaephobia is the weird fear that somewhere somehow a duck is watching you.
A snail takes 33 hours to crawl one mile.
WW1 transformed the U.S. into the largest military power in the world.
When awake the human brain produces enough electricity to power a small light bulb.
Elephants know to come to humans for help (like if they've been poisoned) and can find us even over long distances.
During Apartheid Glasgow renamed the street where the South African Consulate was located to "Nelson Mandela Place." Consular officials would be forced to look at his name when reading and addressing postal correspondence.
There's a 9/11 Memorial in Israel constructed of steel from the remains of the WTC.
There is a city called Rome on every continent.
Your ribs move about 5 million times a year every time you breathe!
It is believed that Leonardo Da Vinci invented the scissors.
New Yorkers bite 10 times more people than sharks do worldwide.
In 1945 Eisenhower predicted that people would try to deny the holocaust so he urged the press to come.
There is a butterfly in Africa with enough poison in its body to kill six cats!
Snakes don't have eyelids.
California has issued 6 drivers licenses to people named Jesus Christ.
In 1977 Argentina sent a pregnant mother to Antarctica in an effort to claim a portion of the continent. The boy became the first human known to be born in Antarctica.
The animal in the Firefox logo isn't a Fox. It's a Red Panda.
Only one-half of a dolphin's brain goes to sleep at a time.
In Belarus it is illegal to applaud in public.
For many centuries Chinese women endured a practice where their feet were systematically broken and shaped in such a way that they resembled hooves.
The average person falls asleep in seven minutes.
A sheep, a duck and a rooster were the first passengers in a hot air balloon.
Alcohol is not digested; it gets absorbed directly into the bloodstream.
During prohibition the U.S. Congress had their own bootlegger so senators and congressmen could still drink alcohol.
Vegetarians are 19% less likely to die from heart disease a study found.
In 1949 the U.S. Military created a synthetic version of Marijuana called "Dimethylheptylpyran." Just 1 mg can have effects lasting for 3 days.
Potatoes were illegal in France between 1748 and 1772.
Tanzania Africa has one of the world's highest rates of Albinism. Albinos are often hunted by witch doctors to make potions.
Government vehicles in Cuba are legally required to pick up any hitchhikers.
Earth is the only place in the Solar System where water can be present in its three states: solid liquid and vapour.
There is a small village in France called "Pussy".
All polar bears alive today can trace their ancestry back to one female brown bear who lived in Ireland 50 000 years ago.
People say “bless you” when you sneeze because your heart stops for a millisecond.
- Support for 8 devices is enabled at software setup - replaces up to 8 remotes, reducing complexity and clutter in your living room
- Bright color screen shows your channel favorite icons plus commands for easy navigation
- One-touch Activity buttons like "Watch a DVD" automatically switch the right devices to the right settings
- Compatible with 225,000+ devices from 5000+ brands, including devices you own today and add tomorrow
- Simple online setup using your PC or Mac
- VIZIO 2014 version dual side Qwerty keyboard Remote Control. with back-light
- Compatibility: VIZIO 401ia3, 401i-a3, E401ia3, E401i-a3, M321i-A2, M401i-A3, M471i-A2, M501D, M501DA2, M501D-A2, M501dA2R, M501d-A2R, M501i-A2, M551dA2, M551d-A2, M551dA2R, M551d-A2R, M551DAR2, M551D-AR2, M601DA3, M601d-A3, M651dA2, M651d-A2, M651D-A2R, M701DA3, M701d-A3, M801DA3, M801d-A3 LCD TV
- Works with Alexa for voice control
- Use your Smartphone (with available app) or included Harmony Remote for one-touch control of your entertainment system and home automation devices such as Philips Hue lights or Nest Learning Thermostat
- Companion remote includes full featured home entertainment controls including dedicated home automation controls
- Included Harmony Hub lets you control devices hidden behind cabinet doors or walls, including game consoles such as PS3, Wii, and Xbox 360
- Simple setup on computer or the available smartphone app - works with over 270,000 devices, including your TV, satellite or cable box, blu-ray player, Apple TV, Roku, Sonos, game consoles, Philips Hue lights, and more