LSD was legal in California until 1966.
During photosynthesis plants emit light called fluorescence that humans can't see.
The Salema Porgy is a species of fish that can cause hallucinations when eaten. In Ancient Rome it was consumed as a recreational drug.
Around 50% of Justin Bieber's followers on Twitter are fake a report found.
There is a butterfly in Africa with enough poison in its body to kill six cats!
McDonalds' Caesar salad is more fattening than their hamburger.
If the Eiffel Tower was built today it would cost about US$31 million.
Nelson Mandela was banned from entering the U.S. and needed a special waiver until 2008.
Brad Pitt was banned from China for his role in the movie "7 Years in Tibet."
Humans and dogs are the only two species known to seek visual clues from another's eyes. And dogs only do it with humans.
Rats multiply so quickly that in 18 months two rats could have over a million descendants.
Einstein was stopped so much in public he would reply "Pardon me sorry! Always I am mistaken for Professor Einstein."
Organised commercial bungee jumping first began in New Zealand in the 1980s.
95% of the spiders in your house have never been outside.
In Judaism there are4 differentNew Year days.
The world's oceans contain nearly 20 million tons of gold.
The Titanoboa lived 60 million years ago and is the largest longest and heaviest snake ever discovered.
1 in 40people in Scotland uses cocaine the highest rate in the world.
The scientific name for the Western lowland gorilla is Gorilla gorilla gorilla.
The first Friday of June is National Donut Day in the U.S.
There are only four words in the English language which end in “dous”: tremendous horrendous stupendous and hazardous.
Martin Luther King Jr. added the "I have a dream" line during his speech it was improvised.
89%of people in Sweden speak English.
Honey bees can distinguish human faces.
Potatoes have more chromosomes than humans.
Dolphins can eat up to 30 pounds of fish a day.
Cats sleep for 70% of their lives.
A physicist made his cat the co-author of his scientific paper to avoid replacing "we" with "I" throughout his paper.
Cyprus has a map on its flag.
Theodore Roosevelt had a pet bear while in office.
The Sun is thought to have completed about 20 orbits during its lifetime and just 1/1250th of an orbit since the origin of humans.
Canada has more lakes than the rest of the world's lakes combined.
The Simpsons hold the Guinness Record for Longest Running Prime time Animated Television Series and Most Guest Stars Featured in a Television Series.
The first product to have a bar code was Wrigley’s gum.
Donkeys kill more people than plane crashes.
Germany and Japan have the lowest birth rate in the world.
The microwave was invented after a researcher walked by a radar tube and a chocolate bar melted in his pocket.
According to Bill Gates by 2035 there will be almost no poor countries left in the world.
A “jiffy” is the scientific name for 1/100th of a second.
There were once camels roaming in the deserts of Arizona.
- Alta syncs automatically and wirelessly to computers and 200+ leading iOS, Android and Windows devices using Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology. Syncing to computers requires Internet connection and USB port. Syncing to mobile devices requires Bluetooth and Internet connection. Syncing range: 20 feet
- Water Resistance: Alta is sweat, rain, splash proof. You can wear Alta in the shower, but we recommend rinsing and drying it afterwards because it's best for your skin if the band stays clean and dry. Battery life: lasts up to 5 days. Radio transceiver: Bluetooth 4.0
- We recommend charging your device every few days to ensure you are always tracking. Charge time: One to two hours
- Syncs with Windows Vista and later, Mac OS X 10.6 and up, iPhone 4S and later, iPad 3 gen. and later, and leading Android and Windows devices
- See simplified heart rate zones for quickly checking exercise intensity during workouts with PurePulse(TM) continuous, wrist-based heart rate monitoring (no uncomfortable chest strap required)
- Use multi-sport tracking to track runs, cardio, cross-training, biking and more. Effortlessly and automatically record other workouts to your dashboard with SmartTrack
- Enable connected GPS to map your routes and see run stats like pace and duration on display (when your phone is nearby)
- Track steps, distance, calories burned, floors climbed and active minutes. Stay connected with call, text & calendar alerts and notifications from your favorite apps like Gmail, Facebook and more (when phone is nearby).Start a FitStar workout on your wrist and get step-by-step instructions and graphics to ensure you complete each move correctly
- Track steps, distance, calories burned and active minutes
- See stats and time with a bright OLED tap display
- Automatically track how long and how well you sleep, and set a silent, vibrating alarm
- Personalize with interchangeable metal, leather and classic bands (sold separately)
- Get call, text and calendar notifications at a glance (when phone is nearby)